Spotify Apple Silicon Support

Spotify Apple Silicon Support

TrancyGoose
Regular

It is very simple. 

Spotify on my M1 MacBook Pro still runs of Rosetta. Is clunky, it's buggy, and it's a power hog. 

I can't find an answer even if Spotify is working on a native M1 version or version for ARM desktop architecture. 

Could I and many owners get some answers? Customer service seems to know nothing on the topic. Is it really time to move to Apple Music for native support and an equalizer?

26 Replies

Re: Apple Silicon Support

CeramicCash
Casual Listener

I agree.

Spotify not showing that its a premium service with this poor management of the desktop App and just general lack in any communication and care about the service and customers who pay for it. Its like they don't have any passion for it... they could do so many cool things with the app but its just lacklustre.  I genuinely am considering a move to apple music for these reasons. 

Novy

Hey folks, 

Thanks for reaching out about this in the Community. 

We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback with us and will make sure to pass it onto the right team, as we always strive to improve your experience.

We recommend adding your +VOTE to this thread, as other users also think this would be a good idea. You can also subscribe to it in the three-dot menu, that way you can stay up-to-date with any relevant news about this.

If anything else comes up, we're always a message away. 

Cheers!

NovyModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
"Music touches us emotionally, where words alone can't." -Henry Thoreau

ummole

it shouldn't require a vote such a fundamental feature... I really hope they are already working on it and not waiting for a magical number of votes.

Tech-S1

This seems like a duplicate - Other one here

The thread above has quite a few votes so hopefully they are looking into this! But I agree its crazy that this was not already developed ready for when apple silicon came out.

Thorsten_R
Casual Listener
Why should we have to vote for Spotify to release a native desktop app for Apples new arm based platform? It's not like if Spotify is a free service where we can vote to get something ... I suppose that most of us pay for Spotify premium. I currently am paying for a family subscription and Apple Music is getting more and more interesting for each day that passes by.

TrancyGoose
Regular
Actually, it does.... my family has pushed back on account that only one other member has an apple product (iPhone) so I have suffered, but I am gonna soon play the: whoever pays get's to choose card....

TrancyGoose
Regular
and also wanted to answer here, doesn't really answer a question, especially it does not answer the deafening silence surrounding the issue, considering M1 Macs and Macs mini are flying off the shelves.

Mr_Noise
Regular

If you have an Ipad/Iphone, you can source the IOs version with Imazing and then install the Ios version, its very simple. I dont know if that more efficient that the Rosetta version. Or use the Spotify web player

Thorsten_R
Casual Listener

I have now canceled my Spotify family plan and moved myself and my family to an Apple ONE Family plan.

At some point in the future when Spotify chooses to support and communicate better on their premium service I may become a subscriber again.

Good bye for now.

LeifLaCroix
Casual Listener
God bless. I am about to do the same. Have my 3-month free trial period and it is integrated with Apple Silicon machines much better.

This is such a tone-deaf approach from Spotify for something that is so sensible and almost every other software developer adapted to almost immediately.

Also extra minus points for copy/pasting the same Community Manager message ad nauseam. Zero care for the customer.

Re: Spotify Apple Silicon Support

pedro380085
It's ridiculous that Spotify doesn't have support yet for Apple M1.

billy_madison

Also just started my 3 month Apple Music trial. Can't believe a pay service does not have a native app 6 month after launch of an Apple product. Was holding out hoping it would come but have been really impressed with Apple Music : (

alejandronova

It's not like you don't have this app.

Just uncheck the "Please, screw the owners of Apple Silicon hardware instead of serving them the iPad app WE'VE ALREADY DEVELOPED" button and make us happy. It takes 5 MINUTES, and NO DEVELOPER TIME. And we'll enjoy it.

Jeremy

Hi there folks,

Thank you for your posts and feedback.

We're always testing things by adding or removing features to make Spotify better overall and we’re constantly aiming to improve our features.

You can read more about how your feedback reaches Spotify here.

Once again - thanks for the feedback, we appreciate it. Let us know if we can help you with anything else. 

Take care!

JeremyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

CeramicCash
Casual Listener
An update with no update. Thanks for nothing!

TrancyGoose
Regular

Jee, thanks for no info, another reply with no reply, and pre-written macro. You truly care for your users. I have started the Apple Music trial, going to run with it, it's not Spotify, but if by the time the trial ends, there won't be a universal app, I'm going to stick with them, I swear to god. 

LeifLaCroix
Casual Listener

Wow I am glad you came and gave this really important update on the development for Apple Silicon version of the software so that you can keep getting paid for a job you are not doing.

Unbelieveable.

ROSimba
Casual Listener

Is this going to be fixed soon?

chicaneuk
Regular
The generic corporate responses are utterly pointless.. some kind of idea of a roadmap / timeline for an M1 native release would be useful.
SUGGESTED POSTS