Premium

Country

Brazil

Device

Macbook Pro 2016

Operating System

macOS Catalina 10.15.3

My Question or Issue

Suddenly the app doesn't play anything I click on.  At first I thought it had something to do with bluetooth as that's the only thing that really changed before it stopped but that doesn't seem to be the case. Everything works normally on mobile and web player. I tried reinstalling, restarting my system and different networks.

5 Replies

Same problem here.

Same here, Catalina 10.15.7, works on phone and chrome, but not the desktop app. Seriously considering changing back to Apple Music.

Hi folks,

Thank you for bringing this up to the Community. 

To start, let us know if you already tried performing a clean reinstall of the app. This one is more thorough than a regular one, and can be helpful to get rid of any cache that might be causing trouble. 

Also, please clear your Hosts file by following these steps. 

Keep us posted

JulianModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

Have same problem

top of line MacBook pro 2017

big sur 11.4

logged out of spotify and back in

uninstalled and reinstalled app

no luck 

Hi @decibel101,

Welcome to the Community!

We understand you already reinstalled the app, but just to confirm did you make sure to remove the cache folders in your computer? If you haven't, please head my previous answer and follow the steps provided in both links.

If it doesn't do the trick, try using the Web Player and let us know if you notice any difference.  

Keep us posted.

Maria_BModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“The music is not in the notes, but in the silence in between.” – Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart

Suggested posts