Spotify Keeps Quitting on my MAc

Spotify Keeps Quitting on my MAc

anonymityincity
Casual Listener

I currently have the newest update on my MAC and for some reason my spotify keeps quitting any time I press a key on the keyboard (whether it be a space or a letter) it keeps quitting. I have looked up everything and tried everything. I have reinstalled Spotify many times and cleared everything. Nothing seems to be working. I have also updated Spotify to the newest version but its not working. Any help would be greatly appreciated! 

3 Replies

Re: Spotify Keeps Quitting on my MAc

benglash
Casual Listener

Im having the same exact issue - Even just launching the app appears to be stuck initialization or it loads after ten minutes... Then it may play one song half the time but freezes after that.. Then I right click on the Sptofiy ICON and it states Application is not Responding - I know its not Spotify because it works on my phone - which is great, but at work where I mainly use it - its not working. I wrote in a letter and they responded try the BETA but provided no link. 

I have the new Mac Book Pro - I've unistalled it, reinstalled it - emptied the cache which I found in one troubleshooting walk through - which fixed the issue.. However having to do that step of uninstalling, empyting the cache and reinstalling it - is to cumbersome for customers to accept. 

MattSuda
Community Legend

Try reinstalling Spotify

Download this free app cleaner. It's super easy.

http://www.freemacsoft.net/appcleaner/

When you open up the app, search for Spotify and it will automatically find and delete all files on your computer related to Spotify.

I use it all the time and it's a really great tool. If you ever decide to uninstall an app, the best way is to use this tool.

After that, reinstall Spotify.

anonymityincity
Casual Listener
I've already tried that an I've emptied my cache.
SUGGESTED POSTS