Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify Playing Wrong Song on Desktop

Solved!

Spotify Playing Wrong Song on Desktop

Plan

Free

Country

Australia 

Device

Macbook Air

Operating System

macOS Sierra

My Question or Issue

This problem has happened once before, a song I listen to heaps starts to play another song from the same album. For example, I was listening to 'Reborn' from KIDS SEE GHOSTS all this morning, however, once I play it again it says 'Reborn' and all, but the time changes and it starts playing 'Cudi Montage' from the same album. 'Cudi Montage' doesn't play reborn but instead plays '4th Dimension' from the same album. None of the other songs are different so none of them play 'Reborn' anymore. This has happened to other songs before and I think I might know why but I can't fix it. This morning I decided to purchase KIDS SEE GHOSTS on iTunes on my Mac too, which would then automatically upload to Google Play Music so I can listen to it on my android phone. When the iTunes songs were being uploaded to Google Play, 'Reborn' on spotify started to play 'Cudi Montage'. Also, I tried using the web browser version of spotify and it plays the songs fine - 'Reborn' is 'Reborn'. So its something wrong with my computer spotify. I deleted the Cashes and uninstalled spotify, restarted my computer, then downloaded spotify again yet the issue still prevails. Any help would be appreciated!

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

I solved it incase anyone is wondering. I went to Settings and then unlinked my iTunes and Download folders from local storage and now I can hear all the normal songs again!

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Marked as solution

I solved it incase anyone is wondering. I went to Settings and then unlinked my iTunes and Download folders from local storage and now I can hear all the normal songs again!

thank you so much this worked for me

Suggested posts