Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Spotify and Mission Control

Spotify and Mission Control

The Spotify desktop app absolutely will not stay put on a particular desktop using Mission Control in OS X. It has a tendency to "relocate."  For example, I have it pinned to Desktop 3.  When I open the app, it goes there.  After a while, though, it will move to Desktop 2, and kick the application that's currently there onto Desktop 3.  Sometimes (sometimes?) when I'm on Desktop 2 and open Spotify, it will kick the app that's there off and try to put itself on the current desktop (despite being assigned to Desktop 3).

It doesn't matter whether I open the application on a desktop, open Mission Control, and assign it.  It doesn't matter if I open it up and try to assign it to "This Desktop" by right-clicking on the icon in the Dock.  No matter what I do, it just will not behave.

It doesn't work on Mojave.  But it also didn't work on High Sierra, Sierra, or El Capitain either.  I have a few Macs, and Spotify (mis)behaves the same way on every single one.  And I'm not the first to notice this issue:

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Desktop-Mac/Spotify-steals-focus-Mac-Cmd-tab-multiple-desktops/m-p/...

I really have no trouble with this app at all, but this is absolutely driving me crazy.

General Info:

Premium Plan

USA

2018 MacBook Pro

OS X (Mojave)

0 Replies

Suggested posts