Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify appears offline while connected to wifi on MacOS Monterey with M1 Pro chip

Spotify appears offline while connected to wifi on MacOS Monterey with M1 Pro chip

Hi. 

I am running spotify on a MacBook Pro 14" (M1PRO CPU) on Mac OS Monterey. App version: Spotify for MacOS (AppleSilicon) 1.1.81.604.gccacfc8c

The issue is that while being connected to wifi, the songs are being displayed inactive (gray), like I was in the offline mode. But I am not. Sometimes it works - sometimes not. When it does not work, it randomly switches to active (white playlist entry), and then goes gray again in a second. No rule. I can't play anything but the downloaded tracks. I don't get any errors except the blue "content unavailable" toast message once I try playing the "gray" song.

Disabling and enabling Wifi using system selector - helps for a couple of seconds. After I enable wifi, the songs become active and turn back gray within seconds. I can provide a video of this behavior if that helps...

Started on the very first day on this computer (I got it with Monterey already installed). On my older MBP (2015, i7 CPU, also on Monterey) - everything works fine.

The app is NOT in the offline mode. I tried going off and online again using in-app switch, nothing.

Not using any VPN. 

Checked multiple wifi networks

Nothing spotify related in /etc/hosts

Tried a clean install. 

Other devices (different computer, mobile phone, smartTV app..) work well.

Anyone experiencing similar issues? 

2 Replies

Hey there @yahoo666,

Thanks for reaching out about this here in the Community. 

First up, we suggest that you try unplugging your router for a few minutes and then plugging it back in.

If the issue persists, it's well worth running a clean reinstall to get rid of any cached files that might be causing trouble. This one is more thorough than the usual one. 

If this doesn't do the trick either, we recommend trying with a different network, for example creating a hotspot on your phone and using that to check if the same happens.

Keep us posted on how it goes. 

EniModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

When you turn on Offline mode, you can have access to tracks that you mark as available in Offline mode, but it might result in Spotify saying no internet connection when you connect to WiFi, so if you have turned on Offline mode on Spotify, then you should follow below guides to turn off Offline mode

Hope this helps,
James

Suggested posts