Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify desktop app stops mid song + Clicking sound in headset + "Can't play current song" info msg

Solved!

Spotify desktop app stops mid song + Clicking sound in headset + "Can't play current song" info msg

Plan

Premium

Country

Norway

Device

Macbook Pro 13-inch 2019

Operating System

MacOS Catalina 10.15.2

Headset

Bose QuietComfort 25 - Ergo with minijack, not bluetooth

My Question or Issue

When I listen via the Spotify desktop app, in the middle of the song the music stops (But the progress bar continues) and there is a clicking sound in my headset. Sometimes it resumes for a few seconds and start again, most times it just stops and a message in a blue bar says "Can't play current song". The volume icons on my Touch Bar also blinks when the clicking sound is active.

I have a recording (With no sound, I filmed it with my headset on). 
https://streamable.com/j146i

So I tried to turn off hardware acceleration like many suggests. It did not work.
I tried to fully remove Spotify from my Mac and reinstall it. Many suggested to delete some Spotify folders in the /Library folder, but I couldn't find any. 
I also ran the rm -rf ~/Library/**/*spotify* command as one user suggested. 

Any ideas? 

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey there @etyz

Thanks for reaching out - we’re here to help!

There might be various reasons why you get this error message. We suggest you first check this Spotify Answer and try the steps provided.

If this doesn't help, check this help article for more info. Make sure you go through all the steps to cover all possible scenarios. 

Hope this helps. Let us know how it goes. 

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey there @etyz

Thanks for reaching out - we’re here to help!

There might be various reasons why you get this error message. We suggest you first check this Spotify Answer and try the steps provided.

If this doesn't help, check this help article for more info. Make sure you go through all the steps to cover all possible scenarios. 

Hope this helps. Let us know how it goes. 

Hey - I managed to solve it by doing a quick restart of my Mac. Of course I didn't do that before I posted here, silly of me.

Suggested posts