Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify doesn't properly shuffle

Spotify doesn't properly shuffle

I have a Spotify Premium plan in the United States and am streaming from a Macbook Pro late 2015. My operating system is macOS 10.13.4

I noticed this about a year back. I have a playlist with ~3k songs and I noticed that when I shuffle, it only shuffles the top 200-300 so songs in the ordering that I'm on.

I've attached examples of ordering by title and artist because they are easy to see and an example ordering by add date. There is no way for me to truly shuffle my playlist because the songs have to be ordered by something.

Extremely inconveinent to not be able to shuffle my entire playlist.

Screen Shot 2019-01-22 at 7.52.55 PM.png
Screen Shot 2019-01-22 at 7.51.11 PM.png
2 Replies

I see a lot of similar issues for chromecast - I'm not casting anywhere. As a programmer this seems like a ridiculously simple issue honestly - not sure how after a whole year someone hasn't solved this.

Hey @jzbao!

It sounds simple, but try to reinstall the app and make sure you're on the most recent version, that often helps fix these little things! 🙂

If that doesn't though, does this happen in other playlists too? If so, it likely falls under this ongoing issue. Although it's marked closed, you can still go ahead and vote for it! 

Suggested posts