Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Desktop (Mac)

Discuss Spotify for Mac

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Jam now available on Desktop

Spotify is bringing Jam to the desktop app! 拾 ️ Now you can start or join a listening party with your friends, family, colleagues, and classmates, with the Spotify desktop app in addition to the mobile app. Although you can listen on your own, Jam in...

Start Jam Menu - Desktop App.png Queue Right Sidebar.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. The Now Playing View in the right sidebar shows the album art and info of the current song or pod...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes

Solved!! Spotify free: Music stops on MAC

Edited: Thank you very much everyone for helping! Finally I managed to correct the error and the steps are those that DerpyNerd offered and highlighted as a solution. Hi! I have a MacBook Pro, and for a week now I have a problem with the desktop app....

• Casual Listener
  • bfteach
  • Regular
  • 19 replies
  • 1 likes
  • music stops
  • 19 replies
  • 1 likes

[Mac] Troubleshooting Spotify

Having trouble with Spotify on your Desktop app? Here’s what to try first. Search the Community Someone might have asked your question on the Community before. So type your issue into the search box and have a look. Tip: Don't forget to check our Spo...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 35 likes
  • Mac
  • 0 replies
  • 35 likes

How to save a whole playlist/multiple songs at once to your Songs

This will be helpful for anyone who didn't know you had to save a song individually everytime you added one to a playlist, if you wanted that song to appear in your Songs category. - Access spotify on your computer- Pick a playlist or multiple songs ...

• This will be helpful for anyone who didn't know you had to save a song individually everytime you added one to a playlist, if you wanted that song to appear in your Songs category.    - A...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

I cannot use Spotify for Mac

PlanPremiumCountryMexico DeviceMacBook Pro (mid 2012)Operating SystemmacOS Mojave 10.14 beta My Question or Issue I have a problem with Spotify for Mac, because I cannot listen to anything. What I mean is that when I select a song, playlist or whatev...

• Plan Premium Country Mexico  Device MacBook Pro (mid 2012) Operating System macOS Mojave 10.14 beta   My Question or Issue   I have a problem with Spotify for Mac, because I...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

spotify says "song will play after ads", but no ad is playing.

My Question or IssueMac (mojave 10.14.2)Supposedly an ad is "playing" but there is no sound or video, or movement on the player whatsoever. click a new playlist, the blue banner atop says "will continue after ads" but it doesnt. so i have to quit spo...

• My Question or Issue Mac (mojave 10.14.2) Supposedly an ad is "playing" but there is no sound or video, or movement on the player whatsoever. click a new playlist, the blue banner atop says "will c...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Set a private session for x hours only

PlanPremiumCountryFranceDeviceMacbook ProOperating SystemMojaveMy Question or IssueHi, How can I put my song into private session for only 1 or 2 hours ? Thank's !

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country France Device Macbook Pro Operating System Mojave My Question or Issue Hi, How can I put my song into private session for only 1 or 2 hours ?    Thank's !&nb...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Can´t play any song

PlanFreeCountry United KingdomDeviceMacbook Pro (2018)Operating SystemMac OSX Mojave My Question or Issue I can´t play any song since last update, still on 0:00, I can play just a few songs that I´ve cached or locally. Happen on Windows as well

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Free Country  United Kingdom Device Macbook Pro (2018) Operating System Mac OSX Mojave   My Question or Issue  I can´t play any song since last update, still on 0:00, I ...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Desktop App Keeps Crashing

PlanPremiumCountryUSA Device(Macbook Pro late 2016)Operating SystemMac High Sierra My Question or IssueDesktop app keeps crashing after about 20 seconds. I have updated and re-installed the app and my Apple software and have restarted my computer 4 t...

• Plan Premium Country USA   Device (Macbook Pro late 2016) Operating System Mac High Sierra   My Question or Issue Desktop app keeps crashing after about 20 seconds. I have update...
  • Gipionocheiyort
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

Go to Song Radio goes to Playlist (and NOT Radio)

I used to be able to right-click a song and click Go to Song Radio, to get a list of songs that I could like/dislike. For some reason that's not possible anymore. Now when I click Go to Song Radio, it goes to a playlist and the like/dislike buttons a...

• Casual Listener
  • I used to be able to right-click a song and click Go to Song Radio, to get a list of songs that I could like/dislike. For some reason that's not possible anymore. Now when I click Go to Song Rad...
  • Basisto
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes

Spotify Connect shows wrong devices

Hi,I have different/wrong devices in my connect list, even though I am on the same wifi with all devices, the Mac and the Phone see each other but I cannot see the Chromecast from my Mac. Instead thee is an old device which I havent used in months an...

• Hi, I have different/wrong devices in my connect list, even though I am on the same wifi with all devices, the Mac and the Phone see each other but I cannot see the Chromecast from my Mac. Inst...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Desktop App loads very slowly and music often does not play

Hi, For the past few weeks I'm having enormous trouble listening to music on Spotify on my mac. Whenever I click on a page in the desktop app, I see an endless wheel until I eventually give up. I'm pretty much limited to songs in my playlist and song...

• Hi,   For the past few weeks I'm having enormous trouble listening to music on Spotify on my mac. Whenever I click on a page in the desktop app, I see an endless wheel until I eventually give ...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Delete from recently played

PlanPremiumCountryUKDeviceMacbook Air 13 inch, Early 2015Operating SystemMacOS Mojave Version 10.14.2 I, like many others on this forum, have noticed that there are a number of artists on my public recently played list that I have not listened to. Th...

Screenshot 2019-01-29 at 00.25.34.png Screenshot 2019-01-29 at 00.25.24.png
  • Casual Listener
  • ...f artists on my public recently played list that I have not listened to. The Artists highlighted are the ones I didn't listen to. This may have something to do with the data breach reported by the B...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

just updated desktop app, but now my History is weeks old!

i just update spotify on my imac, but now my history entries are showing up songs from weeks ago!any idea what happened, and how i can get my recent history back? thanks!

• Roadie
  • i just update spotify on my imac, but now my history entries are showing up songs from weeks ago! any idea what happened, and how i can get my recent history back?   thanks!    
  • dmoney23
  • Regular
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify crashing immediately when opened.

PlanPremiumCountryUK DeviceImac pro Operating SystemiOS 10.13.6 My Question or Issue My Spotfiy desktop app has suddenly taken to crashing instantly when I open it. I have done a clean uninstall+install and have also tried clearing the cache and appl...

• Regular
  •     Plan Premium Country UK   Device Imac pro  Operating System iOS 10.13.6   My Question or Issue   My Spotfiy desktop app has suddenly taken to crashing ...
  • akivaatwood
  • Casual Listener
  • 10 replies
  • 5 likes
  • 10 replies
  • 5 likes

Superuser Contribution When I open up spotify on my mac it shows up on my bar then disappears

Everytime I open up spotify on my mac, the spotify icon shows up on my bar then disappears. I've deleted and redownloaded spotify couple times and nothing seems to work. plz help

• Casual Listener
  •   Everytime I open up spotify on my mac, the spotify icon shows up on my bar then disappears.    I've deleted and redownloaded spotify couple times and nothing seems to work.  ...
  • Jemi
  • Spotify Legend
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify Account does not show Hearts like new Accounts.

PlanPremiumCountryUSA. DeviceMacBook Pro late 2016 My Spotify account (only desktop) still shows the + symbol to add music to the library instead of hearts and Follow button on playlists instead of Hearts. Thanks

Screen Shot 2019-01-27 at 8.34.59 PM.png
  • Gig Goer
  • Plan Premium Country USA.   Device MacBook Pro late 2016   My Spotify account (only desktop) still shows the + symbol to add music to the library instead of hearts and Follow button...
  • islandbeats
  • Gig Goer
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Unable to right click on Spotify Mac desktop app

The past week I've been unable to righ click songs or playlists in my spotify desktop application about 90% of the time. Clicking the three dots to the right of a song normally to show more options doesn't work either This means I'm unable to in any ...

• Regular
  •   The past week I've been unable to righ click songs or playlists in my spotify desktop application about 90% of the time. Clicking the three dots to the right of a song normally to s...
  • Ortenzio
  • Composer
  • 5 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 4 likes

Spotify shutting down after security update

PlanPremiumCountry DeviceMacBook Pro pre 2010Operating SystemOS 10 High SIerra Following a Mac security update today, the Spotify app closes down. Sometimes right away on trying to open, sometimes a little after and sometimes during play of the first...

• Regular
  • Plan Premium Country   Device MacBook Pro pre 2010 Operating System OS 10 High SIerra   Following a Mac security update today, the Spotify app closes down.  Sometimes right aw...
  • akivaatwood
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify is changing playlists on both Mac and iPhone to Rap Playlists/Artists

No matter where I listen to Spotify (iOS or OSX), when I listen to a playlist (or when I choose single tracks) Spotify keeps changing playlists to Rap Playlists or Artists. Yesterday it was the Artis "Ygor Sunny" (https://open.spotify.com/artist/4C5S...

• Casual Listener
  • No matter where I listen to Spotify (iOS or OSX), when I listen to a playlist (or when I choose single tracks) Spotify keeps changing playlists to Rap Playlists or Artists. Yesterday it was the Artis...
  • Mmoffitt
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Annoying Problems
    changing
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

"next" function not working properly on a specific playlist

PlanPremiumCountryGermanyDeviceiPhone 7, MacBook Pro Mid 2014, custom built PCOperating SystemiOS 12.1 / Mac OS 10.14.1 / Windows 10 My Question or Issue Hi guys,i have an issue with a specific playlist:https://open.spotify.com/user/spotify/playlist/...

• Plan Premium Country Germany Device iPhone 7, MacBook Pro Mid 2014, custom built PC Operating System iOS 12.1 / Mac OS 10.14.1 / Windows 10   My Question or Issue   Hi guys, i h...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Local Files Over-riding Spotify Files - Not Playing Music - HELP

PlanPremiumCountryUKDevicesSamsung Galaxy 9 & Macbook Air 2016) My Question or Issue Hi Guys, This is an ongoing issue that increasingly frustrates me as I can't figure out what to do. On my laptop, I had a number of local music files saved. Prior to...

• Plan Premium Country UK Devices Samsung Galaxy 9 & Macbook Air 2016)     My Question or Issue     Hi Guys,   This is an ongoing issue that increasi...
  • steadymindful
  • Regular
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

I've radio-ed some songs and I cant find the like+dislike buttons, some songs I dont want on radio.

I've radio-ed some songs and I cant find the like+dislike buttons, some songs I dont want on my radio playlist. where they disappear?... I hope they are not gone forever since thats one of the main reasons I'm using spotify, actually it's the reason ...

• Music Fan
  • I've radio-ed some songs and I cant find the like+dislike buttons, some songs I dont want on my radio playlist. where they disappear?... I hope they are not gone forever since thats one of the main r...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes