Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Desktop (Mac)

Discuss Spotify for Mac

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Jam now available on Desktop

Spotify is bringing Jam to the desktop app! 拾 ️ Now you can start or join a listening party with your friends, family, colleagues, and classmates, with the Spotify desktop app in addition to the mobile app. Although you can listen on your own, Jam in...

Start Jam Menu - Desktop App.png Queue Right Sidebar.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. The Now Playing View in the right sidebar shows the album art and info of the current song or pod...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes

Solved!! Spotify free: Music stops on MAC

Edited: Thank you very much everyone for helping! Finally I managed to correct the error and the steps are those that DerpyNerd offered and highlighted as a solution. Hi! I have a MacBook Pro, and for a week now I have a problem with the desktop app....

• Casual Listener
  • bfteach
  • Regular
  • 19 replies
  • 1 likes
  • music stops
  • 19 replies
  • 1 likes

[Mac] Troubleshooting Spotify

Having trouble with Spotify on your Desktop app? Here’s what to try first. Search the Community Someone might have asked your question on the Community before. So type your issue into the search box and have a look. Tip: Don't forget to check our Spo...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 35 likes
  • Mac
  • 0 replies
  • 35 likes

Friends Feed (Mac OS-X Desktop) "Timing Out"

PlanPremium (Family)Country United States of AmericaDeviceMacBook Pro, Late 2016 (15", with TouchBar)Operating SystemMac OSX Mojave My Question or Issue Whenever I leave Spotify open for more than a few hours, my friends feed automatically stops refr...

• Regular
  • Plan Premium (Family) Country  United States of America Device MacBook Pro, Late 2016 (15", with TouchBar) Operating System Mac OSX Mojave   My Question or Issue  Whenever I ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Desktop
    Mac
    Premium
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Video ads will not load, and will not time out to allow listening to spotify.

PlanFreeCountry USADevice(Macbook air 2014)Operating System(MacOS High Sierra) My Question or Issue Video ads (specifically for a Showtime movie) will not load, the ad sits at 0 seconds, and will not move on to allow listening to music. Multiple rest...

• Plan Free Country  USA Device (Macbook air 2014) Operating System (MacOS High Sierra)   My Question or Issue  Video ads (specifically for a Showtime movie) will not load, the...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

"Add new radio station" button disappeared

Dear community, As you can see on the attached screenshot, the button for "add a new radio station" disappeared in my spotify desktop version and I have no possibility anymore to add new radio stations. Since I'm a premium member that's very unsatisf...

Bildschirmfoto 2019-01-23 um 14.03.56.png
  • Casual Listener
  • Dear community,   As you can see on the attached screenshot, the button for "add a new radio station" disappeared in my spotify desktop version and I have no possibility anymore to add new rad...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 4 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 4 likes

Superuser Contribution Create New Station doesn't exist

PlanPremiumCountry USDeviceMac desktopOperating SystemiOS 10 My Question or Issue There's no "create a new station" button under radio on my desktop version. On my phone, there is no radio button at the bottom (update your help section, Spotify). Whe...

•   Plan Premium Country  US Device Mac desktop Operating System iOS 10  My Question or Issue  There's no "create a new station" button under radio on my desktop version. ...
  • eyeheartny
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes

Spotify won't let me find my Facebook Friends

PlanPremiumCountryHonduras DeviceMacbook Pro Operating SystemiOS 10 I can't find my facebook friends on my desktop spotify, everytime I click "Find Friends" it just stays in the a buffering tab but nothing ever happens after that. When I try to do it...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Honduras   Device Macbook Pro  Operating System iOS 10   I can't find my facebook friends on my desktop spotify, everytime I click "Find Friends" it just...
  • petitegab
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!! Friend feed doesn't show even though I have it set to show

My Question or IssueI have had Spotify free on my MacBook for three or four years and only just discovered that I am supposed to be able to see what my friends are listening to. I have toyed with the settings over and over again, but it doesn't show ...

Screen Shot 2019-01-16 at 5.15.31 PM.png Screen Shot 2019-01-16 at 5.23.56 PM.png
  • Casual Listener
  •       My Question or Issue I have had Spotify free on my MacBook for three or four years and only just discovered that I am supposed to be able to see what my friends are listening...
  • Violinist14
  • Casual Listener
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

No longer able to tick tracks I like.

I like to tick tracks I enjoy and have been doing so for years. However, for the last few days, Spotify will not allow me to tick any track. I have a Macbook, which I restarted a couple of times without the tick option returning.

• Regular
  •   I like to tick tracks I enjoy and have been doing so for years.   However, for the last few days, Spotify will not allow me to tick any track.   I have a Macbook, which I restar...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify Keeps Adding to Queue

I am using the most recent version of the app, in Mac OS 10.11. I haven't used the app recently, and as soon as I launched it yesterday it updated to the latest verison. Ever since then, it will NEVER FINISH THE QUEUE. As soon as I finish playing my ...

• I am using the most recent version of the app, in Mac OS 10.11.   I haven't used the app recently, and as soon as I launched it yesterday it updated to the latest verison.   Ever since ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Where is the "love" or "heart" button on the macOS app?

Plan: PremiumCountry: USADevice: Macbook Air 2017Operating System: macOS Mojave My Question or Issue: See title ^ TLDR: is where on muh mac apppp?!

• Plan: Premium Country: USA Device: Macbook Air 2017 Operating System: macOS Mojave    My Question or Issue: See title ^   TLDR: ❤️ is where on muh mac apppp?!  
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

All my stations have become playlists!!

PlanPremiumCountrySpainDeviceMac MiniOperating SystemMac Os 10.13.6My Question or IssueAll my stations have become playlists. WHY?Without any warning, without any explanation. Also, if I create a new radio, a playlist is created, and placed in playli...

Captura de pantalla 2019-01-24 a las 19.42.29.png
  • Roadie
  • Plan Premium Country Spain Device Mac Mini Operating System Mac Os 10.13.6 My Question or Issue All my stations have become playlists. WHY? Without any warning, without any explanatio...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Radio
    stations
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Spotify becomes unresponsive to headset controls after a period of time

Brief description of the issue:I have a Sony WH-H900N wireless bluetooth headset, that I connect with my 13" MacBook Pro 2018. I leave it connected all day long, sometimes I have meetings where I use my headset for Google Meet sessions, sometimes I j...

• Regular
  • Brief description of the issue: I have a Sony WH-H900N wireless bluetooth headset, that I connect with my 13" MacBook Pro 2018. I leave it connected all day long, sometimes I have meetings where I u...
  • Nicranon
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes

Web Player Problem

note: also this problem occurs both when I'm on my airpods or I'm on the speaker.

•   note: also this problem occurs both when I'm on my airpods or I'm on the speaker.
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify only playing for nine (9) seconds FIX

PlanFree/Premium DeviceMacbook Air My Question or Issue:This is actually a fix for an issue I had! The reason that your Spotify isn't listening to you is most likely because your browser is out of date! Update your google chrome, or turn on automatic...

• Visitor
  •   Plan Free/Premium   Device Macbook Air   My Question or Issue: This is actually a fix for an issue I had! The reason that your Spotify isn't listening to you is most lik...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify connect not working anymore in old versions?

PlanPremiumCountrySpain DeviceMacBook 2,1 (2007)Operating SystemMac Os 10.6.8 My Question or IssueHi there! I used to enjoy my vintage Macbook for streaming music via Spotify directly to my Hi Fi. This was quite an awesome experience because I used m...

•     Plan Premium Country Spain  Device MacBook 2,1 (2007) Operating System Mac Os 10.6.8   My Question or Issue Hi there! I used to enjoy my vintage Macbook for stream...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Filtering a Playlist doesn't auto-scroll to results

DeviceMacbook Pro 2017Operating SystemmacOS High Sierra My Question or Issue When filtering a playlist on the Mac Desktop App, the list doesn't auto-scroll to the results, so unless I'm viewing the very top of the playlist, it often looks like there ...

• Roadie
  •    Device Macbook Pro 2017 Operating System macOS High Sierra   My Question or Issue  When filtering a playlist on the Mac Desktop App, the list doesn't auto-scroll to the ...
  • pnut
  • Roadie
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • bug
    filter
    UX
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify doesn't properly shuffle

I have a Spotify Premium plan in the United States and am streaming from a Macbook Pro late 2015. My operating system is macOS 10.13.4 I noticed this about a year back. I have a playlist with ~3k songs and I noticed that when I shuffle, it only shuff...

• Casual Listener
  • I have a Spotify Premium plan in the United States and am streaming from a Macbook Pro late 2015. My operating system is macOS 10.13.4   I noticed this about a year back. I have a playlist wit...
  • landonharris88
  • Composer
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes

I have totally lost volume control on my macbook - how can I fix this?

PlanFree/PremiumCountry Device(Macbook Pro late 2016)Operating System(iOS 10) My Question or Issue

• Regular
  • Plan Free/Premium Country   Device (Macbook Pro late 2016) Operating System (iOS 10)   My Question or Issue  
  • Bittencourt
  • Spotify Star
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify behaviour about bugs

Hello,I'm talking about a specific issue which has already been explained here (the website doesn't allow be to put the link… the topic title is Invisible duplicated album?) but I wanted to say that as a premium member who is paying for a service, th...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello, I'm talking about a specific issue which has already been explained here (the website doesn't allow be to put the link… the topic title is Invisible duplicated album?) but I wanted to say tha...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! I have a very specific problem

FreeUSA Macbook AirOS X El Capitan I know you can't download music unless you have Premium. My brother wanted to see whether if the download button on the playlist I was listening to was toggled on, it would ask you to sign up for Premium. I humored ...

• Casual Listener
  •   Free USA   Macbook Air OS X El Capitan   I know you can't download music unless you have Premium. My brother wanted to see whether if the download button on the playlist I was...
  • dragonstar81
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Help
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! ERROR CODE 17 ON MAC

Hi everyone, I've been having problems starting using spotify on both of my computers, the same problem: once I've installed the app and it's time to log in, it appears a error code 17, that says: that askme to check out the firewalls or the proxy co...

•     Hi everyone, I've been having problems starting using spotify on both of my computers, the same problem: once I've installed the app and it's time to log in, it appears a error code 1...
  • a_girl
  • 14 replies
  • 5 likes
  • 14 replies
  • 5 likes