Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Unable to right click on Spotify Mac desktop app

Solved!

Unable to right click on Spotify Mac desktop app

The past week I've been unable to righ click songs or playlists in my spotify desktop application about 90% of the time. Clicking the three dots to the right of a song normally to show more options doesn't work either This means I'm unable to in any way shape or form add songs to playlists. I'm no longer able to share links to music. I cannot even queue a song. Spotify has worked extremely poorly for quite some time with browsing and loading playlists for view, but at least I've been able to access the most basic functions as adding songs to a playlist or queuing. 

Is anyone else having this problem?

I reinstall and clear my cache every day. I force quit and restart the app at least 5 times a day to play music even without the functions I should be able to expect being a paying customer to this service andhow much money I've payed for a literal decade that is getting worse and worst with each year and is at this point barely usable. 

I think the shape the app is in is unacceptable and something needs to be done about the mac desktop version. I see so many other people having the same problem and you will start losing customers if it doesn't improve soon. 

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Relieved and happy to say this problem was solved by the latest spotify app update for me. Hopefully it stays that way. 

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Same here, it normally works but for a week, it just won't function when I'm using a song radio. Isn't its purpose to make me discover similar songs? But I can't add them to any playlist (on desktop)

I'm having exactly the same issue with regards to being unable to right-click on songs the vast majority of the time. It seems the quality of the app deteriorates significantly by the week. It's insane how bad an app like this can be in 2019, especially considering we are paying for it monthly. Absolutely unacceptable at this point.

This is still a problem.

WHY Spotify?

Marked as solution

Relieved and happy to say this problem was solved by the latest spotify app update for me. Hopefully it stays that way. 

Hey there, 

If you haven't already, I'd make sure you're updated to the latest version of Spotify. Additionally, maybe check that you're updated to the latest version of your OS as well as there might be a conflict there. In the meantime if you're still having issues, you can still queue songs by opening up the queue'd songs list on the bottom right of the play bar and manually drag and drop your songs in that way. The same applies for adding songs to playlists. 

Suggested posts