Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify not loading social bar or artist page.

Solved!

Spotify not loading social bar or artist page.

Hello,

Spotify won't  load the social activity bar, friends profiles or artist pages (remain blank, with a find people tab on the SB). It's working other than that. Happened after I installed the update this morning. Tried loading a previous version, that will open artist pages, but not the social bar (and it updates itself pretty sharpish).

I'm a premium user on a mac running OS X 10.7.5

Any ideas?

Cheers,

Toby

382 Replies

Still frozen for me, after logging out and exiting.

On my android my friends are not even shown now and on my Windows 8 and on my Linux computer I see a timing dial and only that. Whst a waste of time.

My activity feed does not update, it only shows a song that was played a week ago by the people i follow. It used to work about a week ago. It displayed songs that were just listened to, now it doesn't refresh at all. My friend is having the same problem also. We've tried uninstalling and reinstalling several times and logging in and out, but nothing has worked.

Seriously! You say you fixed it, but obviously you didn't. Your entire community is pissed! This seems to have happened just about a week and a half ago for everyone. Logic says, "did you roll out a new software"? Go back to what ever you did and roll it back. It's obviously NOT an upgrade! WTF???????????????????????????????????

I think it is finally working! Holding my breath........

You are lucky, still the same songs as a month ago...

A couple things that helped my stream get moving: 1. load/sign in to Spotify on another computer. 2. Add/Find more people to follow. Both of these seemed to jar into getting back on track.

Yeah still choppy

Same issue as everyone else.  I see songs that were listened to months ago.

Well that lasted a day! What the hell are you guys doing over there?

Yeah, for me the dicorver page, profile page and artist page are all black. I can still click stuff when i mouse over it though. Really frikin annoying. I can't update to the newest version and have to downgrade to older one, where only the discover page wont work...

Hi,
I don't have the social bar anymore (not that it is black, or not launching, but the spot where it was has disappeard), instead I usually have ads at the place where my social bar was. --> see attachement

Any idea what the problem is? I just updated some days ago, and I think the problem has appeard since I've updates.

Thanks

Spotify - Damien Rice – 9 Crimes.jpg

It appears from reports the social bar has been removed for some people and replaced with a new "Activity" tab under Browse (which is reported to not work).

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

I strongly detest this update! It's really inconvenient to have to go to a special page, when it used to be on the screen. Plus it says I'm not following anyone. Really annoying. Plus, on my Mac I can never see what anyone listened to, but on my work PC I can. So something needs to be fixed!

Still not working for me..... Has anyone had any success yet??  Re-installed, checked preferences....

I'm also having a problem with no activity feed on the new udpate and not happy about it.  I've reinstalled at least 10 times. 

Registered in the forums just because of this problem. My activity feed has not refreshed in more than a month, it keeps showing the same items.  I am running desktop app from OS X Mavericks and am a Premium User. Any news on how to solve this annoying problem?

I feel like if it ain't broke, don't fix it. Activity bar worked perfectly fine for me, while the activity tab doesn't work at all right now. Please bring back the activity bar or at least make the activity tab work. Am I really paying for my premium account when the application is this buggy...?

My social bar is gone on all my computers on which I am running spotify. I got an activity tab instead that tells me it's lonely.... despite I follow 42 people.

Really not happy with this because the social bar was an inspiration for me.

ps. and yes I specially registered to make this complain:D

Yeah, I'll add my complaint here, even though it doesn't seem like this is going to be solved ever. My feed sporadically updates, for one or two of my friends, but most of the time it reverts back to posts that are months and months old. There are certain friends that I never see updates from, and I know they use spotify. It's just annoying to see the same 5-10 old posts on my sidebar when I'd like to see what my friends are actually listening to.

Suggested posts