Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify not loading social bar or artist page.

Solved!

Spotify not loading social bar or artist page.

Hello,

Spotify won't  load the social activity bar, friends profiles or artist pages (remain blank, with a find people tab on the SB). It's working other than that. Happened after I installed the update this morning. Tried loading a previous version, that will open artist pages, but not the social bar (and it updates itself pretty sharpish).

I'm a premium user on a mac running OS X 10.7.5

Any ideas?

Cheers,

Toby

382 Replies

HI everyone! Just want to say we're here and aware some of you are still having trouble. 

We don't want to post for the sake of posting either. As soon as we have news or an update we will let you know here first. 

Thanks for patience while we look into this for you. 

Sorry Meredith, but your answer is bull****! We are waiting long enough now, still paying and you are telling us to wait again???

As long as this problem isn't fixed I am not going to pay for Spotify!!! 

Also my activity bar doesnt refresh... 

Mac OS X 

WOW! I readed all the messages and the Spotify Support is not able to fix this bug??? 

Its incredible...

LET US KNOW HOW TO FIX IT!!!

Thanks for your patience.

We have our best tech guys working hard on fixing this issue as a high priority.

I will get straight back to you when we have an update.

Kind Regards,

Tristan

Spotify Senior Service Advisor

Thank you for the prompt answer.

I hope to receive good news in the next days. 

br

mRw

Tristan, I´m sorry, but your answer isn´t solving the problem, we are a having for so long now!!! It's the same answer Meredith gave!!!

I am thinking about an article in the biggest Newspaper in my country! There is a big financial crisis all over the world and we are paying for something that doens´t work like it should be!!!! 

I think your best tech guys don't even try to solve this problem!!! I've  asked a lot of people, who are also working  in this kind business and they all give me the same answer!!! It should be fixed in a couple of days instead of months!!!

Still waiting. It's been over a month now and still no change. The other day it seemed to be working again for about half an hour and then it was back to normal - no updating, no feeds from friends or bands - we are paying for this service that isn't working!

jthjulk wrote:

Still waiting. It's been over a month now 

A month? three months at least...

Still no answer!!! I just installed windows 8 (payed €119,- ). Removed Windows defender, but it's still the same **bleep**!!! Still offline Spotify says, but I'm not, because I wouldn't be able to post anything here!!!

Hi,

Same probleme here.

I'am sick about so lot of bugs on the client desktop 😞

Please give some kudos for, maybe the best idea of the year :

http://community.spotify.com/t5/Spotify-Ideas/Spotify-Beta-logo/idi-p/489336

I have the same problem my activity feed doesn't update like it used to.. Pretyy rubbish as the only thing keeping me on spotify was the social intergration.. If it don't fix soon might have to move to iTunes Radio or Xbox Music they both have almost double the amount of songs aswell..

Marked as solution

Could everyone try to keep posting/tweeting to @spotifycares and support@spotify.com?

I think the only way the problem is going to get fixed is if we pester them as publicly as possible. I'm also pretty sure a mention of a refund can't hurt.

Though I'm not a massive fan of hyperbolic threats of leaving (I really like spotify, I'll probably stick around), this is an absolutely appalling example of customer service. I've been told on a number of  occasions (here by the moderator) and separately by support@spotify.com that a dedicated team is now on the case.

Given that I was told this a month apart, one (or both) of the cases was obviously a stock reply, and not actually true. Alternatively a dedicated team has now taken nearly two months to fail to fix the problem. 

Additionally the moderator hasn't replied to either of my (very polite) DM. Apologies if you're just a forum volunteer, but if you actually work for Spotify then isn't that your job?

Again, I'm a fan, but I've paid for two months of a service that's not working properly, bought a gift voucher for a friend that's not really shown Spotify at it's best, and had to write about five emails, three tweets, and 13 posts here to continue to be told that spotify is aware of the problem and their absolute crack-team is definitely, absolutely, about to get it fixed.

Kinda makes it difficult to be a brand advocate.

Oh yeah. When I've mucked something up, I've found clients really appreciate it if explain in general terms what the problem is and how I'm going to approach it, and if keep them up to date on my progress fixing it (before they chase me). It's amazing how treating like a valued customer who's not a moron makes them extremely patient with me.

Yeah I think we should all start tweeting them about this and making this issue public, there are bound to be a tonne of people with this same issue at the moment - it feels like we're just being ignored on here and via email.

Hi everyone,

Sorry if it feels like you're being ignored. As Meredith mentioned earlier, we try not to post for the sake of posting. We're still looking into the issue and we'll be sure to post here as soon as we have any updates.

--------------------------------------------------------------

For common support questions, see support.spotify.com.
To judge my musical taste, check out my last.fm.

Adam

Appreciate what you and Meredith have both said, and I have also raised an official support ticket.

The reason why we are pissed off is because thats the only thing hear "we are working on it" it has been at least 2 months since the ativity feed worked properly. Sorry but your tech people cannot be that incompetent?

We are also pissed because we are paying customers who are not getting what we paid for.

Just fix it ASAP

My Activity feed just started working again.. Don't know for how long, though..

WHO (???????) KNOWS...

Just to give everyone an update, this is what I've been told by Spotify Support (in a little more detail):

"Originally we only had a couple of people looking into as my colleague mentioned, However we have now got a full time team working at this, the trouble with this particular issue is that it relies on a number of live processes that are ingrained in the service. 

This means it is not possible to turn it off and work on it as this will disrupt so much, so a clever way of working on this while keeping other services live is proving very difficult. 

"Originally we only had a couple of people looking into as my colleague mentioned, However we have now got a full time team working at this, the trouble with this particular issue is that it relies on a number of live processes that are ingrained in the service. 

This means it is not possible to turn it off and work on it as this will disrupt so much, so a clever way of working on this while keeping other services live is proving very difficult. "

What about hiring competent system architects ?

Suggested posts