Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify shutting down 30seconds into first song- Mac

Solved!

Spotify shutting down 30seconds into first song- Mac

I am using Spotify on my Mac. I start to play a song, and it just shuts down (Spotify disappears and is not even open anywhere on my system) 30sec. or so into a song. It does not matter what song I choose. Help!

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

It seems to be related to that f*&*king GAP ad.  If you see it in the top start it playing but then pause it.  This should stop your crash.  I just love how we get inundated with this BS by Spotify, and on top of it, the ad causes Spotify to crash hard.

View solution in original post

5 Replies

I'm having the same issue. It has been happening to me all day today. I have tried to do a clean uninstall and re-installed about 4 times already. 

Marked as solution

It seems to be related to that f*&*king GAP ad.  If you see it in the top start it playing but then pause it.  This should stop your crash.  I just love how we get inundated with this BS by Spotify, and on top of it, the ad causes Spotify to crash hard.

thank you! this worked for me!

Thanks JFParnell, it worked for me as well.

I just upgraded because it said to and I have the same problem now on my macbook as well 😞

I hope they fix this soon, it's too annoying to keep opening it back up after every song played so I'm not even using it anymore!

Suggested posts