Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify won't install on Mac OS 10.13.1 High Sierra

Spotify won't install on Mac OS 10.13.1 High Sierra

Hi,

Previously I had Spotify installed and working fine on my iMac running 10.13.1 high sierra.

I've had to reinstall 10.13.1 for other reasons but now I'm unable to get Spotify to reinstall. 

It's definitely not installed on the hard drive as I have searched for it and it doesn't appear - plus the drive was wiped anyway. 

I download the install application file for Mac OS from the Spotify download page. It downloads fine, double click to launch it and it starts downloading it again. Then I get an error which says:

Installation Failed.

An error occurred whilst trying to mount the downloaded Spotify disk image.

My options are to quit or download from Spotify.com.

If I select the download option I just go through the ame loop

Please advise?

I'm using an iMac 4.2HGZ i7, running High Sierra (10.13.1)

I've no idea what version of the app I'm downloading as it's just the one available on the download page.

My account is a premium family account.

Thanks

Kelly

spotify.png
4 Replies

I am having the same exact issue. My search for the fix reveled countless unresolved posts from folks experiencing this same issue. Seriously?

For me the installer launches and runs and runs and never finishes. Eventually it consumes all the memory on my mac (I get a pop up telling me so). I've tried cleaning out all the bits from the previous install in Library/Caches and Library/Application Support to no avail.  **bleep** Spotify?

Hey, 

I'm experiencing this aswell but I've got a workaround.

Right click on the installer-file, choose "Show package contents" and enter the "MacOS"-folder.

Run the "Install Spotify"-script and take note of the path where the .dmg is downloaded. 

Rerun the script and copy the downloaded .dmg-file to the desktop and run it from there. 

Voila, Spotify will be installed.

Irxc, 

I found what amounts to be the same work around myself.  I IM chatted with a Spotify support person and as I was waiting for him I started poking around on my Mac to try and find the secondary (real) download. That's when I found the Spotify .dmg still mounted. I found the mounted volume indirectly by doing a system wide search in finder for "Spotify".  I found about 5 copies of Spotify installer .dmgs mounted from past attempts. If you're familiar with the terminal app you can do "mount" command to see if you've still got extra copies of the Spotify .dmg mounted. You'll see /Volumes/Sptofy mounted on /dev/diskXXX. You can unmount them with "unmount /dev/diskXXX" where XXX is the device in question. I also cleaned up the muliple Spotify .dmgs littering my drive... For me they were under /private/var/folders/91/_5wd9qv97tsg3p_nrwl4r1nr0000gn/T

Cheers

Suggested posts