Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Tracks disappearing from playlists

Tracks disappearing from playlists

I have been compiling playlists of my best tracks for every year since my birth in 1961.

However, I noticed that virtually all the tracks from my favourite band, Magazine, have disappeared.

I assume that will have something to do with licensing. 

Should a licensing agreement be renewed at some date and the tracks become available again, will they automatically return to my playlists? Or will I have to manually search for them again and add to the playlists?

Also, does Spotify not notify you at all if tracks you have playlisted become available?

As I had spent some time on these playlists and now some of them have been spoiled by the loss of tracks (who knows, other songs might have disappeared and I haven't noticed), is there any way of printing or archiving a list of those tracks that should be there? Or, better still, finding out what tracks have disappeared?

1 Reply

Hi @lindsc1, thanks for writing!

Spotify want all the world’s music and podcasts to be available, but this availability can vary over time and between countries, depending on the permissions from rights holders.

The good news is that new content is added to Spotify every day, so if you can’t find something you’re looking for right now, it may appear (or reappear) soon, so please check back! 

Also, in order to see which songs became unavailable, go to your desktop app and then go Settings. In Display options, toggle the "Show unavailable songs in playlists" button.

Hope this helps 🙂

BittencourtSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts