Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Trouble reinstalling Spotify on Mac OSX 10.5.8

Solved!

Trouble reinstalling Spotify on Mac OSX 10.5.8

I have an issue that I have not yet read about in any of these threads.  I've had Spotify on my Mac OSX 10.5.8 for years.  I am currently working on a school project for a class on Music in Social Media, which requires me to use the Discover feature and identify the number of streams of a particular song.  I noticed that I was unable to locate either of these features so I decided to unistall/reinstall Spotify.  I was able to uninstall wuite easily.  But when I try to reinstall via https://www.spotify.com/us/download/mac/ .....NOTHING HAPPENS!  I have clicked on the link to "RESTART THE DOWNLOAD" but it just reloads the page.  I also clicked the "GET SPOTIFY" button and it does the same.  There is no download in progress.  Attached is a picture of the website that I am trying to download Spotify from.  I know there have been issues with Spotify and OSX 10.5.8, but in this case, the download won't even begin.  This happened yesterday and my project is due tomorrow morning! Please help!

Picture 2.png

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hello!

I don't think you will receive the discover feature as your version of OS X is no longer supported, the official announcement is here.  You can download the old version that is supported on your OS X version here 🙂

Hope this helped 🙂

Don't forget to add your Kudos and mark as a solution if it helped you!

Follow me on Twitter

Whats a Spotify Rock Star?

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Marked as solution

Hello!

I don't think you will receive the discover feature as your version of OS X is no longer supported, the official announcement is here.  You can download the old version that is supported on your OS X version here 🙂

Hope this helped 🙂

Don't forget to add your Kudos and mark as a solution if it helped you!

Follow me on Twitter

Whats a Spotify Rock Star?

Ahhhhh thank you so much!!!  The link worked! 

Suggested posts