Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

When I go to change my playlist cover for any of my playlists, my pictures won't open.

When I go to change my playlist cover for any of my playlists, my pictures won't open.

Plan

Premium

Country

U.S.

Device

(MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Early 2015)

Operating System

(macOS Mojave Version 10.14.2)

My Question or Issue

For my playlists I like to put my own cover art/pictures on them and I do that by going to my icloud pictures that are from my phone but on my computer and clicking the option on spotify and choosing them. I have been doing so on my mac on spotify for a long time and it has always worked but I tried to do it yesterday and then again today and it won't work. I can open the thing to edit the playlist and click choose image but it won't let me access my pictures. It says they are loading but they never load. I have tried quiting spotify and re-opening it, uninstalling it and then re-installing, logging out and then back in, restarting my computer and more and it still won't work. I don't think the problem is my photos or internet because I can open my pictures in other things on my computer and my internet is working fine. So if anyone has any suggestions on how to fix this please let me know. I am attaching screenshots below of what I mean if I didn't explain clear enough. 

Screen Shot 2019-01-20 at 5.22.53 PM.png
Screen Shot 2019-01-20 at 5.22.42 PM.png
Screen Shot 2019-01-20 at 5.23.16 PM.png
5 Replies

Literally the exact same thing has been happening to my macbook air 2017!! Can't find a solution anywhere but it's been like this for weeks now. 

Hmm. Well I'm glad I'm not the only person this has happened to but I'm sad that you haven't been able to find a solution either! Mine is still not working and its been months! It's so annoying. 

I was just chatting with someone from spotify that helped me to realise that my photos on my macbook were all saved as PNGs so now i have made a seperate folder on my desktop so i can export the pictures i want in preview and make them JPEGs. 

I'm not good with understanding photo/computer things haha so I don't fully understand what you mean but I checked my photos and it seems they are saved as JPEGs. I already have a seperate folder where I airdrop photos directly from my phone and then put them into the folder and thats how i've been putting pictures onto my spotify covers because for some reason that works... I guess maybe because they are JPEGS instead of PNGs like you were saying. So yeah I have been doing that for a while and it does work it just was annoying me that the orginal way I was doing it wouldn't work and I couldn't figure out why. So are you saying that it's working for you now or it's working but only because you are accessing the photos from that folder you made and not your actually photos? Sorry if all of this is confusing, I tried to phrase it best I could when I don't really know how any of it works!

I know this is a super late response but if anyone else needs help, I figured it out. Take the picture from your Photos (assuming it's already in JPEG format, as most photos are. If you need to check, go to the photo on the Photos app and click the little i in the upper right corner and it will give you info on the photo) and drag it onto your desktop. From there, go to the playlist, click the little pencil to edit and replace photo, then go to Desktop options, and find the photo there! Hope this helps 🙂

Suggested posts