Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

option to create folders to classify and store playlists according to their musical style

option to create folders to classify and store playlists according to their musical style

Hi there,

I have too many playlists, more than 500, so it gets really difficult to navigate thru all of them. It takes literally ages and I end up forgeting what playlists I have as some are at the very back of the list.

I been speaking about this with many friends and we all agree in the same matter.

We need Spotify to be able to let us create playlists and subplaylists.

In another words, been able to create folders where to store different playlists. Example:

Folder A: has playlist 1 + playlist 2 + playlist 3, etc

Folder B: has playlist 5 + playlist 6 + etc etc

Folder C:  more playlists.

And so on...,

Been able to put in those folders as many different playlists as we want.

That would help us to organize the music much much better.

Also, when I wanna change the order of the playlists, as there are so many, it also takes ages to move 1 playlist from the bottom of the list to the top, so with this system, that won't be such a hassle.

I hope guys to take this in consideration, many Spotify users will be eternally gratefull.

Cheers!

Sam

2 Replies

You can create folders on the desktop version of Spotify, and you can actually play the whole folder's contents from desktop.  On mobile you can access all the playlists organized into folders but it doesn't let you play the whole folder for some reason.

Hey folks!

Thanks for reaching out about this. 

We moved your post from the Ideas board to the relevant Help board, where it fits better.

@samantaf, you can create playlist folders in the desktop app or in the web player easily by following the steps here. They'll show up in the mobile app as well.

@Stephen527, could you let us know what happens when you try playing the whole content of your folders? Also, we'd like to know if you've already tried any troubleshooting steps.

We'll be on the lookout.

EniModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Suggested posts