Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

"Can't Play Track" after using Google Meet/Hangouts

"Can't Play Track" after using Google Meet/Hangouts

Something that I've been noticing is after utilizing video calls via Google Meet with I am getting the "Cannot Play Current Track" blue error bar. Functionality is still available within the app, just not playback. Quitting/restarting Spotify helps fix the problem, but it's an annoyance being in and out of a lot of meetings throughout the day.

Anyone else having this issue??

Plan: Premium

Device: 2019 Macbook Pro

Operating System

iOS 10.15.4

9 Replies

Yes I have been experiencing this for months :(. Similar setup as yours. It feels like Google meet hijacks control of the sound and changes the audio codec for its calls. Once the call is ended, maybe the codec isn't swapped back? Restarting Spotify solves the problem.... but yea, pretty annoying lol.

Same here. Pretty annoying, so I'm restarting Spotify all the time. Good thing it keeps the playing track and position though.

Same, it's quite an irritating problem constantly having to restart Spotify

Hi there folks,

Thanks for reaching out about this.

Could you give us a bit more info, as we'd like to look into this.

What devices is this happening on - Desktop/Mobile or the Web player? Also let us know your current OS version and the exact version of you Spotify app.

We'll be on the lookout for your replies. You can always reach out here again if you have more questions.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Plan: Premium

Device: 2019 Macbook Pro

Operating System: iOS 10.15.7

Device: Spotify Desktop

I haven't noticed this as much as of late, but I've also been in less meetings now 7 months later to try and replicate my problems.

Plan: Premium
Device: 2017 Macbook Pro
Operating System: macOS 10.15.7
Device: Spotify Desktop version 1.1.46.916.g416cacf1

The problem hasn't cropped up today, I also notice that Spotify just updated so it might have been fixed yesterday in version 1.1.46.916
Will post again once it happens

Hi there @11166178704,

Thanks for keeping us posted on this one.

Let us know if the issue occurs again in the future.

Don't hesitate to reach out in the Community if you have more questions, we're always a click away!

AlexModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Happened again today.

Spotify desktop version: 1.1.46.916.g416cacf1

Spotify was paused -> Google meets video call (in firefox) -> try and play a song on Spotify -> "Can't play the current song" in a blue bar at the top.

Hey @11166178704,

Thank you for your post. Sorry to hear that this happen again.

Can you try with a clean reinstall? This will make sure there's no old cache files causing this.

It would also be great if you can try with another internet connection to see if the issue persists.

If the you use a VPN, try to disconnect from the VPN and connect to a regular home network.

We'll keep an eye out for your reply.

Cheers!

JeremyModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Suggested posts