Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

"I don't like <artist>|this song" feature removed from Discover Weekly and Release Radar playlists?

Solved!

"I don't like <artist>|this song" feature removed from Discover Weekly and Release Radar playlists?

I've just figured out the dislike feature on Discover Weekly and Release Radar playlists have been simplified: while before by clicking the minus button I got 2 separate options to dislike the current artist or the current song (which gave me the impression of a good granularity about filtering my preferred content), now when I click the button I do not get the 2-options choice, and the song is instantly grayed-out on the playlist.

I always keep Spotify app-to-date, and this change occurred between June 7 and 10.

Is this an intentional feature change or a bug?

Screenshot taken from the web highlights the original feature.

Version

Spotify for macOS (Intel) 1.1.87.612.gf8d110e2

Operating System

MacOS Mojave - 10.14.6

Screen Shot 2022-06-15 at 3.35.23 PM.png

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey folks,

Thanks for your patience.

We've heard back from the team in charge and we can confirm that this is expected behavior of the app, since these options were removed to align with the mobile experience. 

Hope this clears things up. If you need a hand with anything else, the Community is here for you.

Cheers!

EniModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

View solution in original post

8 Replies

Same on the Windows desktop app and web player, by the way. Don't know for mobile apps.

Spotify für Windows
1.1.87.612.gf8d110e2

Edition Windows 10 Home
Version 21H2
Installiert am ‎10.‎06.‎2020
Betriebssystembuild 19044.1766
Leistung Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.4180.0

It's the same behaviour in the web player and also on another PC with a Windows 10 Pro version, by the way. I often used this dropdown option of banning artists in my Release Radar playlist, so being able to ban unwanted genres would be better, too. Banning only tracks is not sufficient in my opinion, e.g. Deezer has a similar option for choosing at least the artist in their playlists. Also I wonder if this is a test rollout only for free Spotify users in case this option might be only available for Premium users in the future.

Same on Monterey 12.4, both desktop and web player.

Not sure about mobile apps

Hey folks,

Thank you for bringing this to the Community and welcome.

We're checking this new functionality you've mentioned backstage. By the moment, we have already sent the information to the relevant team. As soon as we have more details about it, we'll make sure to share them here.

In case you haven't done it before, include in your next response the OS version and the Spotify version you're currently running

We appreciate the time you took reporting the issue.

We'll be on the lookout

OscarDCModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!
Marked as solution

Hey folks,

Thanks for your patience.

We've heard back from the team in charge and we can confirm that this is expected behavior of the app, since these options were removed to align with the mobile experience. 

Hope this clears things up. If you need a hand with anything else, the Community is here for you.

Cheers!

EniModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

How can I ban artists from being recommended now, e.g. in Release Radar or Discover Weekly?

Hey @hans-jürgen

If you go to the artist's page on iOS and Android and click on the 3 dots you should the the option 'Don't play this'. This should help with calibrating the algorithm for the Made for you playlists. 

Cheers!

ElenaModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Thank you for your reply, I will try this out, but most of the time I use the Spotify desktop app or web player where this does not work, as far as I know.

OK, in the iOS app I can still see an option in the dropdown menu to not play that artist again. That's strange, because it was said that the reason for changing it on desktop was to make it similar to the mobile apps. 😉

This sounds like the opposite of aligning with mobile then.   As a premium subscriber maybe i need to rethink this.  There are artists and songs I don't care for and they come up in a number of playlists.  It's VERY annoying and not a great experience.

Suggested posts