Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

VIEW ALL

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

VIEW ALL

AI DJ Problems

AI DJ Problems

premium

Country

UK

Device

(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)

Windows 10, IOS

(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)

 

My Question or Issue

Has there been a recent update to the BETA DJ? Recently, on both the Windows Desktop app and the iOS app, there seems to be a problem when tracks change.

I have crossfade set on my settings, and up to a couple of weeks ago this was fine with the AI DJ.

Now, its OK for about 75% of the time, but for the other 25%, the tracks do not crossfade, just stop before the end, and the next track starts.

This seems to be random, and when I have had the opportunity, I have tried adding these tracks to an ordinary queue, and there isn't a problem.

Will this problem be fixed? I do realise the DJ is a BETA version, but do you know about it?

Reply
9 Replies

Hey @Rigsby1,

 

Thanks for reaching out!

When you say ~25% songs do not have the Crossfade issue, with how many songs have you tested this?
The transitions worked fine on our end for 100% of the tested songs.

And, in case the issue still persists (also applies to anyone joining this thread), could you give us the following details?

  • Your device & its OS version
  • Your Spotify app version
  • The number of songs you've tested this with and the rough percentage of the affected ones 

Many thanks in advance!

VasilModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

 

Plan

Premium

Country

UK

Device

(iPhone 14 plus)

Operating System

(iOS 17)

 

My Question or Issue

I have my crossfade set to 12 secs. In DJ mode, some tracks ends at 12 secs and move straight onto the next track, instead of crossfading to the end of the track: The last 12 secs of the track is lost & does not play

 

I think this began when iOS17 was installed. But it does not happen to all tracks

Same here, using latest version on Android 13 and also set to crossfade 12 seconds. Happens to first song in Liked Songs.

This now seems to have been solved after the latest update, at least on iOS. Last week I listened to music via the DJ, and all song crossfaded as is set up within the app. 

But I will let you know if the problems re-occur

Richard

I have my crossfade set to 0 because I genuinely despise crossfade but with the latest DJ update it crossfades almost everything really early. I really enjoy using the ai DJ and use it almost every day but the overriding crossfade despite my settings preferences is really turning me off to it. I’m missing a good portion of the beginning and end of every song. 

I’m not liking the way the DJ does crossfades now. The first time I heard it, I was listening to a hip hop set and I thought it was pretty cool that it skipped past the opening skit on a track and went straight to the first verse. That works for hip hop and probably pop, but then it did it during a rock set and it was awful. I don’t want it to skip past the guitar riff to get to the vocal! The riffs are why I listen to rock. 

I have been enjoying the DJ, but don't like how it fades out the last bit of the song. It makes the music feel unresolved and incomplete. Is it possible to turn this fade feature off? 

Plan

Premium

Country

USA

Device

iPhone 15+

Operating System

iOS 17.1.2

 

While using the AI DJ, it decides to fade the song that's currently playing out WAY too soon. It seems to cut off a good 2-6 seconds. Sometimes it seems to start the next song too soon as well (ie: starting at 1-3 seconds in rather that at 0)

 

Any idea if this can be changed?

 

My Question or Issue

 

Plan

Premium

Country

Sweden

Device

Pixel 5

Operating System

Android 14

 

I'm another person that was excited to try DJ but hate crossfades. It's currently unlistenable until crossfades can be turned off.

Suggested posts