Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Attempting to browse, filter, play from Local Files locks up the app.

Attempting to browse, filter, play from Local Files locks up the app.

I'm just trying to browse Spotify but even watching it whilst it's indexing my files causes the whole thing to leak memory and crash. Then once it finally loads even trying to search it causes the app to start chugging CPU power and all links to become unresponsive. I can't even close the app in a reasonable time without killing the process in task manager. The attached video depicts my trying to play a local file and it taking so long that I had to cut the video in half to adhere to the attachment size limit on this forum and you never even see it play. (it did about a minute later, after it which it took a minute to pause) This is unacceptable performance for any machine, let alone mine which has a Notebook 1660 TI and an i7 in it for some reason. Fix your software Spotify.

Note that cookies and hardware acceleration are enabled and that the problem has persisted through multiple reinstalls.

1 Reply

Hey @Cosmo_Kane,

Thanks for reaching out to us 🙂

We haven't received a video. Could you try again sending it?

We'd suggest you give these steps a go and run a clean reinstall. This one is more thorough than the usual one.

It's also a good idea to run the app as an administrator. Are there any changes?

Keep us posted! We'll be right here if you have any questions.

Ver Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts