Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Bug report: Cannot flag or remove offensive political content from feed

Solved!

Bug report: Cannot flag or remove offensive political content from feed

Plan

Premium, cancelled pending outcome of bug fix

Country

Device

(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)

Operating System

(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)

My Question or Issue

There is no way to flag certain content or remove it from my feed. This is a bug. In particular, there is no way to flag Spotify In Solidarity content or to remove it from my feed. 

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Technically this issue still stands as one cannot flag Spotify's curated content for removal or for being inappropriate. However, it would appear as if Spotify came to their senses and removed woke nonsense from my start screen. Reportedly, there is a workaround whereby you may switch to a Private Session and then the woke nonsense no longer appears.

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Agreed! Our home feed should be our own music only. There are entire genres I'm not interested in so I don't want those showing up. Additionally, using a music streaming service as a political platform is a mistake. I've already unsubscribed and my membership will expire in two days. Nice going Spotify. Get woke, go broke. BYE!

Same here. I will monitor the situation and if Spotify comes up with an acceptable solution, I will enable my premium account again. However, I do not have much hope for this. Oh well, I will order t-shirts from my favourite bands and listen to audio files on my laptop if I have to.

Apparently Spotify decided that nothing will be done about this bug. Perhaps they need some more motivation. Please get this trending on all the other social media platforms if you would be so kind, and thanks to EmmaMagik for the initiative:

Hi @Spotify, as far as I know, I PAY for my premium subscription each month to listen to the music of my choosing. Please don't shove your political agenda down my throat. #myspotifymychoice #backoffwithpolitics
Marked as solution

Technically this issue still stands as one cannot flag Spotify's curated content for removal or for being inappropriate. However, it would appear as if Spotify came to their senses and removed woke nonsense from my start screen. Reportedly, there is a workaround whereby you may switch to a Private Session and then the woke nonsense no longer appears.

Suggested posts