Desktop (Windows)

Discuss Spotify for Windows

Start a topic

Forum Posts

[Troubleshooting] Windows

Having trouble with the Spotify desktop app? Here’s a step-by-step guide to help get things working again. What to try first Perform a soft reset (generally rebooting the device will suffice). If that doesn’t help, try a clean reinstall. Be sure to l...

• Community Manager
  • Community Manager
  • 0 replies
  • 24 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 24 likes

FAQ: Spotify for Windows 10 app

Hey folks, we've outlined some of the common questions you might have about the Windows 10 app now available. Please post in this board if you have any other questions. Q: Why can’t I see Spotify in the Windows 10 store? A: Spotify for Windows store ...

• Spotify
  • Spotify
  • 0 replies
  • 32 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 32 likes

What is up with Images?

PremiumWindows 10 So, I've already linked a post here regarding broken playlist images. Now, I can't create a playlist with any image at all, as shown in exhibit A, where I tried multiple times both re-uploading and simply retrying the process.

• Regular
  • Premium Windows 10   So, I've already linked a post here regarding broken playlist images. Now, I can't create a playlist with any image at all, as shown in exhibit A, where I tried multiple ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Share songs with friends over Spotify???

Why can I not simply share songs over Spotify with friends WHO HAVE SPOTIFY? It wants me to use facebook or some other crappy social media platform. Am I doing something wrong? I feel like I must be doing something wrong, because this would be ridicu...

• Casual Listener
  • Why can I not simply share songs over Spotify with friends WHO HAVE SPOTIFY? It wants me to use facebook or some other crappy social media platform. Am I doing something wrong? I feel like I must be ...
  • Stymeist
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • sharing
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Problem with images of songs

PlanPremiumCountryMexicoOSWindows 10 My Question or IssueI want to know if you know how to fix thisIt keeps happeningThe images doesn't load I already reinstalled and it doesn't fix anything Please Help ;(

Captura de pantalla 2019-03-21 18.03.18.png
  •   Plan Premium Country Mexico OS Windows 10     My Question or Issue I want to know if you know how to fix this It keeps happening The images doesn't load  I al...
  • JimCrackCornIdc
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Local files won’t show any songs

PlanPremiumCountry Device(Lenovo Laptop + iPhone XR)Operating System(Windows 10) My Question or IssueSo I’ve downloaded a video from YouTube onto my laptop via an MP4 converter so I could download it to my Spotify. It downloaded to my documents and I...

•   Plan Premium Country   Device (Lenovo Laptop + iPhone XR) Operating System (Windows 10)   My Question or Issue So I’ve downloaded a video from YouTube onto my laptop via a...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify Doesn't Show Any Musics in Any Playlist

PlanPremiumCountryIndonesiaDevicePCOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueSpotify doesn't show any musics in any playlists. Things are fine on my iPhone but it's not on the PC. I think it's because i moved the offline storage to D:\ and accid...

• Plan Premium Country Indonesia Device PC Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue Spotify doesn't show any musics in any playlists. Things are fine on my iPhone but it's not ...
  • Nico
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

I can’t delete playlist

I have an iPhone X and a MacBook Pro and I’m trying to delete my playlist. I’ve deleted it from the desktop and my phone but it still remains as part of a list under my user name. I want to create another list but that list still remains after I’ve d...

• Not applicable
  • I have an iPhone X and a MacBook Pro and I’m trying to delete my playlist. I’ve deleted it from the desktop and my phone but it still remains as part of a list under my user name. I want to create an...
  • cs812
  • Music Fan
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Delete Playlist
    Playlist
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify just playing static noise

so I Installed Spotify for win 10 recently and wanted to put on some music. however no sound was playing at all i looked for a solution online wich only told me to check my audio mixer and drivers. The weird thing is, the audio mixer is showing audio...

• so I Installed Spotify for win 10 recently and wanted to put on some music. however no sound was playing at all i looked for a solution online wich only told me to check my audio mixer and drivers. T...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Opening Spotify links in desktop app w/o extension???

PlanPremiumCountryUSADeviceDell PC - i5-8500T @2.1ghz 16gb RAM 64bit / MacBook Pro 2016 13" 16gb ram SSDOperating SystemWindows 10 / MacOS High Sierra My Question or IssueMost of what I was reading about this is from last year. Has there been any cha...

• Plan Premium Country USA Device Dell PC - i5-8500T @2.1ghz 16gb RAM 64bit / MacBook Pro 2016 13" 16gb ram SSD Operating System Windows 10 / MacOS High Sierra   My Question or Issue Mos...
  • SpotyMarc
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

most songs are greyed out

PlanFreeCountryNetherlandsDevicewindows 10 dekstopOperating Systemwindows 10 My Question or Issuea lot of songs are unplayable and therefor greyed out. how do i fix this? it started about a moth ago, often daily mix playlists are completely filled wi...

• Casual Listener
  •   Plan Free Country Netherlands Device windows 10 dekstop Operating System windows 10   My Question or Issue a lot of songs are unplayable and therefor greyed out. how do i fix t...
  • Sebasty
  • Spotify Star
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Always same song at start of the program.

PlanPremiumCountryGermanyOperating SystemWindows 10My Question or IssueEverytime my PC starts and Spotify opens it is paused on the same song.For example: I listen to Drake in the evening and then turn off my PC. In the next morning the window opens ...

• Plan Premium Country Germany Operating System Windows 10 My Question or Issue Everytime my PC starts and Spotify opens it is paused on the same song. For example: I listen to Drake in the eve...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Bring back the feature that play unplayable songs with the matching local song file.

Bring back the feature that play unplayable songs with the matching local song file. In October 2018, this feature was removed without any explanation, why do you remove something that works perfectly? This worked great not only on the desktop but al...

• Music Fan
  • Bring back the feature that play unplayable songs with the matching local song file. In October 2018, this feature was removed without any explanation, why do you remove something that works perfectl...
  • marcaevans
  • Composer
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

desktop app (windows) randomly logs out

The app just randomly logs me out especially when i restart my computer and undownloads all of the songs and i have to download everything all over again so i can listen offline. it's like i paid for a basic function i can't even use I tried clean re...

• The app just randomly logs me out especially when i restart my computer and undownloads all of the songs and i have to download everything all over again so i can listen offline. it's like i paid for...
  • FlOberon
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Playback doesn't sync PC to phone (but does the opposite way)

Premium member. Windows 10 and iPhone 5. When I'm listening on my phone and I open Spotify on my PC, it shows the current track playing and lets me control resuming it on PC, pause/play etc. But - more importantly - when I'm playing on my PC and I go...

• Premium member. Windows 10 and iPhone 5.    When I'm listening on my phone and I open Spotify on my PC, it shows the current track playing and lets me control resuming it on PC, pause/pla...
  • Nico
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Playlists blank and songs not playing

PlanPremiumCountryUKOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueRecently moved to a Windows 10 machine, since then have had constant playback issues for most songs. Playlists open blank, although adding songs to then can provide the duplicate mess...

• Regular
  • Plan Premium Country UK Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue Recently moved to a Windows 10 machine, since then have had constant playback issues for most songs. Playlists ...
  • worthlessdaisey
  • Regular
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Local files aren't appearing on Desktop app

Hi! I have a Premium account. I'm playing Spotify on my Windows Laptop, and I don't see where I can add local files to my player. I have screengrabbed where my local files would normally be. Now, this is a new laptop, and I recently transferred some ...

• Hi!   I have a Premium account. I'm playing Spotify on my Windows Laptop, and I don't see where I can add local files to my player. I have screengrabbed where my local files would normally be...
  • Sebasty
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution iOS app saves only full albums, not the songs I need

PlanPremium (Family)CountryHungaryDevice(iPhone 5S)Operating System(iOS 12.1.4) My Question or Issue I use spotify for years in desktop and in my phone. The saved albums and songs were the same until now but today I reinstalled the Spotify iOS app be...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium (Family) Country Hungary Device (iPhone 5S) Operating System (iOS 12.1.4)   My Question or Issue   I use spotify for years in desktop and in my phone. The saved albu...
  • bodibuilder
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • application
    iOS
    Mobile
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

I can't get my local files on my iPhone

So none of my songs will sync to my iPhone from my computer and it is extremely annoying because spotify still won't put any of Lil Peep's old music on here but thats besides the point. I do not have a WiFi adapter on my computer so I use ethernet, h...

• So none of my songs will sync to my iPhone from my computer and it is extremely annoying because spotify still won't put any of Lil Peep's old music on here but thats besides the point. I do not have...
  • mosohodPeti
  • Composer
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Cover art bug

PlanPremiumCountryNetherlandsDeviceAndroid 8.0.0 Operating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueThe cover art for my latest playlist are bugged. I've provided some screenshots. So Spotify can create automatic cover art for you, it basically takes the...

• Plan Premium Country Netherlands Device Android 8.0.0  Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue The cover art for my latest playlist are bugged. I've provided some scree...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Skipping songs and generally acting weird

PlanFreeCountryUnited StatesOperating SystemWindows 10 The issues started a few days ago. Basically, whenever I click on a song in an album or playlist when I first log on, it'll play and skip a few songs in the album/playlist that I was listening to...

• Plan Free Country United States Operating System Windows 10   The issues started a few days ago. Basically, whenever I click on a song in an album or playlist when I first log on, it'll p...
  • mosohodPeti
  • Composer
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify recommending songs already in a playlist

PlanPremiumCountryCanada Device(Samsung Galaxy 9+, WebPlayer, Desktop App)Operating System(iAndroid Oreo, Windows 10) My Question or IssueSpotify recommends songs already in my playlists, sometimes the song is in the playlist it is basing the recomme...

• Music Fan
  • Plan Premium Country Canada   Device (Samsung Galaxy 9+, WebPlayer, Desktop App) Operating System (iAndroid Oreo, Windows 10)   My Question or Issue Spotify recommends songs...
  • Yordan
  • 10 replies
  • 11 likes
  • 10 replies
  • 11 likes