Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Desktop (Windows)

Discuss Spotify for Windows

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Desktop: Jam now available

Spotify is bringing Jam to the desktop app! 拾 ️ Now you can start or join a listening party with your friends, family, colleagues, and classmates, with the Spotify desktop app in addition to the mobile app. Although you can listen on your own, Jam in...

Start Jam Menu - Desktop App.png Queue Right Sidebar.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • pastasås
  • Casual Listener
  • 66 replies
  • 23 likes
  • 66 replies
  • 23 likes

Desktop: New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. Together, the individually customizable design of these new views provides a richer experience, m...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • Edwardont
  • Casual Listener
  • 251 replies
  • 21 likes
  • 251 replies
  • 21 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes

[Troubleshooting] Windows

Having trouble with the Spotify desktop app? Here’s a step-by-step guide to help get things working again. What to try first Perform a soft reset (generally rebooting the device will suffice). If that doesn’t help, try a clean reinstall. Be sure to l...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes

Spotify keeps starting at boot [Windows 10]

PlanPremium Operating SystemWindows 10 I've already tried messing with the task manager's startup tab, changing the Startup Apps in Windows 10 settings, and selecting no in Spotify's advanced settings. Spotify isn't even listed in the Task Manager or...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium   Operating System Windows 10   I've already tried messing with the task manager's startup tab, changing the Startup Apps in Windows 10 settings, and selecting no in Spot...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Font appears very blurry

PlanFreeCountryThe NetherlandsDeviceLenovo Legion y540 15IRHOperating SystemWindows 10 ProMy Question or IssueAll fonts appear blurry, it's unbearable to look at. It also won't let me fullscreen fully.

• Visitor
  • Plan Free Country The Netherlands Device Lenovo Legion y540 15IRH Operating System Windows 10 Pro My Question or Issue All fonts appear blurry, it's unbearable to look at. It also won't let ...
  • AndrewBlizard
  • Gig Goer
  • 5 replies
  • 4 likes
  • blurry
    font
  • 5 replies
  • 4 likes

Can't listen to Spotify on desktop while connected to Bluetooth headphones

PlanFreeCountryCanada DeviceAcerOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueI can't listen to Spotify when I'm connected to my Bluetooth headphones (Beats Solo3) I'm using the desktop app for Spotify. When I do play the music it plays from laptop ...

• Visitor
  • Plan Free Country Canada  Device Acer Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue I can't listen to Spotify when I'm connected to my Bluetooth headphones (Beats Solo3) I'm ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Daily Mixes

PlanPremiumCountryUSADeviceallOperating Systemall My Question or IssueOn all my devices my Daily Mixes never change! Must I listen to them all to have them update daily? I assume they're suppose change daily, right?

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country USA Device all Operating System all   My Question or Issue On all my devices my Daily Mixes never change!  Must I listen to them all to have them update daily...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Daily Mixes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Download spotify songs on Windows PC via garmin express to may garmin 6xPro

Windows 10 My Question or IssueSpotify plays beautifully on my PC and have downloaded my favourite music to my PC. I have found the special music directory for my downloaded music in my PC .....\local\spotify\storage. But am unable to down load these...

• Casual Listener
  •  Windows 10   My Question or Issue Spotify plays beautifully on my PC and have downloaded my favourite music to my PC. I have found the special music directory for my downloaded music in...
  • Xenia
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Do you have to remain connected to wifi to play local files?

PlanPremiumCountryUSADeviceLG G7Operating SystemAndroid My Question or IssueAs the title says, do i have to stay connected to wifi even after i download the local file to get it to play on my phone?

• Plan Premium Country USA Device LG G7 Operating System Android   My Question or Issue As the title says, do i have to stay connected to wifi even after i download the local file to get...
  • Xenia
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify App Freezes My PC

PlanPremiumDeviceAsusOperating SystemWindows 10 Everytime I use the Spotify app (Not the Web Player) it will freeze at random intervals. First, the app will stop functioning and I can't do anything but it still plays music. Then my cursor freezes and...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Device Asus Operating System Windows 10   Everytime I use the Spotify app (Not the Web Player) it will freeze at random intervals. First, the app will stop functioning and I ...
  • Xenia
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Desktop app won't play any song and stops working

PlanPremium FamilyCountryBrazilDeviceDesktop Operating SystemWindows 7 My Question or IssueI'm having trouble with the desktop app only, on every other device it works well. It won't play anything and the time slider also get's stuck in 0:00, but tha...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Family Country Brazil Device Desktop  Operating System Windows 7   My Question or Issue I'm having trouble with the desktop app only, on every other device it works w...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Playback Issues, cracking sounds

Hello, I'm experiencing playback issues since last week.When listening to any song I get constant cracking and popping sounds. It happens when listening to Local Files on Spotify as well. All of my windows playback devices are affected, and it always...

• Hello, I'm experiencing playback issues since last week. When listening to any song I get constant cracking and popping sounds. It happens when listening to Local Files on Spotify as well. All of my...
  • buckstuff
  • Visitor
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Localized Songs Still 'Not Available in Country' while in the Supported Country

PlanPremiumCountryUSDevicePC and iPhone XROperating SystemWindows 10/Whatever the latest IOS is My Question or IssueI recently traveled to Japan for an extended period of time and was looking forward to being able to listen to some of the songs that ...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country US Device PC and iPhone XR Operating System Windows 10/Whatever the latest IOS is   My Question or Issue I recently traveled to Japan for an extended period of tim...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Playback Stops when switching Domains

Whenever I log in to my desktop (Windows) and use the Spotify app, my music plays correctly. However, if my desktop goes to sleep and another person comes to use my computer and logs in to their own domain, the music stops. It used to be that the mus...

• Visitor
  • Whenever I log in to my desktop (Windows) and use the Spotify app, my music plays correctly. However, if my desktop goes to sleep and another person comes to use my computer and logs in to their own ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • domain
    Play problem
    playback
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Windows app freezes after opening

PlanPremium Operating SystemWindows 10, Asus Zenbook My Question or IssueRecently windows app keeps freezing and doesn't respond anymore 2 seconds after opening. Reinstalling, resetting, changing hardware acceleration, logging out did not help. The w...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium   Operating System Windows 10, Asus Zenbook   My Question or Issue Recently windows app keeps freezing and doesn't respond anymore 2 seconds after opening. Reinstalling,...
  • Mario
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify cuts the screen.

PlanFreeCountryFinlandDevice Operating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueHey. Spotify is cutting the playlists, and also the Recently played doesnt refresh, how can i fix it ?

image.png image.png
  • Casual Listener
  • Plan Free Country Finland Device   Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue Hey.  Spotify is cutting the playlists, and also the Recently played doesnt refresh,&nb...
  • Mario
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Keyboard media hotkey to launch app does not work with Windows Store version

Windows 10 now forces users to use the Windows Store version of Spotify (which is another issue entirely but anyway) and as such, denies users access to the exe file. It is possible to create shortcuts to the program and the use of keyboard media hot...

• Music Fan
  • Windows 10 now forces users to use the Windows Store version of Spotify (which is another issue entirely but anyway) and as such, denies users access to the exe file. It is possible to create shortcu...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Can no longer drag-and-drop from Spotify desktop app for windows to Excel spreadsheet

PlanPremiumCountryUSADeviceWindows PCOperating SystemWindows 10 x64 My Question or IssueI have two Windows PCs, both with the latest version of MS Office 365 installed, both running Windows 10. They are both running the latest version of the Spotify ...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country USA Device Windows PC Operating System Windows 10 x64   My Question or Issue I have two Windows PCs, both with the latest version of MS Office 365 installed, both ...
  • mvulovic
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • drag drop desktop excel windows
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Discovering New Music useless - no DISLIKE button!!??

For me, the whole point of listening to a Spotify "New Music..." playlist created by Spotify is that you can hear stuff you did not specifically choose, and can see if you like something new. Spotify have removed the ability to do this because there ...

• Gig Goer
  • For me, the whole point of listening to a Spotify "New Music..." playlist created by Spotify is that you can hear stuff you did not specifically choose, and can see if you like something new.  ...
  • Peter
  • Spotify Legend
  • 16 replies
  • 37 likes
  • 16 replies
  • 37 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Clicking Now Playing Album Art jumps to wrong entry in re-sorted playlist

Plan: PremiumCountry: US Device: Windows 10 16gb/i9 DellOperating System: Windows 10 My Question or IssuePlaylists have a default sort, which may just be the order the user put the songs in at creation. When playing songs from the playlist, the album...

• Music Fan
  • Plan: Premium Country: US   Device: Windows 10 16gb/i9 Dell Operating System: Windows 10   My Question or Issue Playlists have a default sort, which may just be the order the us...
  • Peter
  • Spotify Legend
  • 15 replies
  • 6 likes
  • bug
  • 15 replies
  • 6 likes

Computer and iPhone like not "connected" with same account / no scrobbling on last.fm

Usually, when logged in with the same account, my iPhone and my computer show the same songs. E.g. when I listen to music on the computer and then start the iPhone app it shows the same song. Now I have the problem that they are not "connected", so I...

• Visitor
  • Usually, when logged in with the same account, my iPhone and my computer show the same songs. E.g. when I listen to music on the computer and then start the iPhone app it shows the same song.  ...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Is it not good anymore to use the program now?

because it  freezes when I close it now it's not good anymore  

• Gig Goer
  • because it  freezes when I close it now it's not good anymore    
  • Sebasty
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes