NEXT STEP

Spotify Process Memory leak Windows 10 desktop

Spotify Process Memory leak Windows 10 desktop

Plan

Premium

Country

France

Device

Desktop PC (Intel i7 3.70GHz / 16 Go Corsair RAM / MSI Z370 Gaming Pro Motherboard / MSI Geforce GTX 1060 6 Gb)

Operating System

Windows 10 Pro 64-bit v. 1903

My Question or Issue

Hello,

I have a huge memory problem on Spotify first launch. My Spotify desktop application is very very slow. I checked on task manager and discovered that one of the task is consuming a lot of memory (see screenshot, nearly 2.3 Go !). The only solution I found was to kill only this process, and then everything's ok (only 400 Mo or lower). And my application is then normal (fast on image load, searches etc). After this "process kill", if I quit the app and relaunch it (without restarting my computer), everything's ok too.

What can I do to avoid this process kill on start-up ? Of course I tried to reinstall the desktop app, also the Windows App from the Windows store but same problem. Tried also to change some options (ex : with or without hardware acceleration...).

Thanks for any answer !

Annotation 2019-09-28 144000.png
3 Replies

Same issue here. I use the latest version of Spofify app from Microsoft Store on my 64-bit Windows 10 Pro (Version: 1903).

More than four months, several updates but the problem remains.

Would you please tell me what to do or fix this memory leak ?

What do I win if I reach 3 Go ? 🙂

Annotation 2020-02-13 091515.jpg

Hello,

Always the same problem of memory leak... I install all updates as they come but no change.

If it can help, one interesting thing. Yesterday I made some changes in my playlists on my smartphone (same account). When I launched Spotify today on my PC, the playlist updated was not taken in account (old values). I killed the "Godzilla process", and after internal relaunch of the software, I found my changes.

Anyway, would someone at Spotify would see this message (which is about to celebrate its first birthday ?) ??

Thanks!

Suggested posts