Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Desktop (Windows)

Discuss Spotify for Windows

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Desktop: Jam now available

Spotify is bringing Jam to the desktop app! 拾 ️ Now you can start or join a listening party with your friends, family, colleagues, and classmates, with the Spotify desktop app in addition to the mobile app. Although you can listen on your own, Jam in...

Start Jam Menu - Desktop App.png Queue Right Sidebar.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • LukaMatsunoki
  • Visitor
  • 76 replies
  • 26 likes
  • 76 replies
  • 26 likes

Desktop: New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. Together, the individually customizable design of these new views provides a richer experience, m...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • cour10e22
  • Regular
  • 268 replies
  • 21 likes
  • 268 replies
  • 21 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes

[Troubleshooting] Windows

Having trouble with the Spotify desktop app? Here’s a step-by-step guide to help get things working again. What to try first Perform a soft reset (generally rebooting the device will suffice). If that doesn’t help, try a clean reinstall. Be sure to l...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes

Desktop app overheating gpu

PlanPremiumCountrySpain DevicePcOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueJust opening the app makes the graphics card start to overheat, without opening anything else.

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country Spain   Device Pc Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue Just opening the app makes the graphics card start to overheat, without opening anything...
  • Sebasty
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • GPU
    overheat
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify skips to first song on playlist

Whenever I want to skip to the next songs of my favorit songs playlist it jumps to the first one and starts the playlist from the top.I made shure to turn off the shuffle option and even installed the desktop version again.

•   Whenever I want to skip to the next songs of my favorit songs playlist it jumps to the first one and starts the playlist from the top. I made shure to turn off the shuffle option and even in...
  • Ivan
  • Spotify Legend
  • 4 replies
  • 10 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 10 likes

Connection issues

[redacted by user]

• Casual Listener
  • [redacted by user]
  • OneByBoo
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Plays one song and then no sound. Have to unplug speakers and plug them back in.

PlanFree/PremiumCountry Device(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)Operating System(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.) My Question or Issue

• Visitor
  • Plan Free/Premium Country   Device (iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016) Operating System (iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)   My Question or Issue  
  • Elena
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Playlist cover image changes when made public

When I am making a playlist I often select the order of the first 4 songs acording to how I want the playlist collage of 4 images will look. This works fine with the 1st song being top left, 2nd being top right, 3rd being bottom right, and 4th being ...

Screen Shot 2018-07-13 at 12.42.10 AM.png Screen Shot 2018-07-13 at 12.42.31 AM.png
  • ...owever when I make the playlist public and I click on my profile it displays my playlist with a different cover, with the images shuffled like this:  This happens with all my playlists and the o...
  • sarahnapoli
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 4 likes
  • All Platforms
    Playlists
  • 2 replies
  • 4 likes

Superuser Contribution Clicking on album cover not going to the currently selected song when sorting playlist

PlanPremiumCountryNetherlands DeviceLaptopOperating SystemWindows 10 fully updated all drivers, bios, firmwares, etc My Question or IssueWhen you want to go back to the playlist, you can click the album cover of the currently playing song. (bottom le...

• Regular
  • Plan Premium Country Netherlands   Device Laptop Operating System Windows 10 fully updated all drivers, bios, firmwares, etc   My Question or Issue When you want to go back to th...
  • MajorSquiggles
  • Regular
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes

Error 30 (Windows Desktop)

PlanPremiumCountryUSADeviceWindows DesktopOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueAfter downloading Spotify to my Windows desktop I was able to login initially. In the same day, after logging out and attempting to log back in, I get Error 30. ...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country USA Device Windows Desktop Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue After downloading Spotify to my Windows desktop I was able to login initially. In the...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution playlist issues

device: lenovo laptop system: windows 10problem : I have a thousand songs in my playlist, I listen to a song from the middle of my playlist, and when the song ends, it goes back to the top of the playlist instead of going to the next song

• Visitor
  • device: lenovo laptop  system: windows 10 problem : I have a thousand songs in my playlist, I listen to a song from the middle of my playlist, and when the song ends, it goes back to the ...
  • Mario
  • Spotify Legend
  • 5 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Followed artists have less songs than when you search for an artist

This problem is on my windows desktop app and android, I think it's an issue with spotify not any particular platform. When I search for an artist via the 'search' bar I get taken to the artists page, containing a list of popular songs, and then a li...

• Casual Listener
  • This problem is on my windows desktop app and android, I think it's an issue with spotify not any particular platform.   When I search for an artist via the 'search' bar I get taken to the art...
  • Thomhayes
  • Visitor
  • 7 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 7 replies
  • 1 likes

Friends feed not working

i have experienced this problem where all of the sudden i cant seem to see what my friends is doing and i have try restarting my pc reinstalling spotify (clean reinstalling) unfollowed my friend and refollow them again closing off friend feed and reo...

• Visitor
  • i have experienced this problem where all of the sudden i cant seem to see what my friends is doing  and i have try  restarting my pc  reinstalling spotify (clean reinstalling)&nbsp...
  • OneByBoo
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Error Message "Spotify can't play this right now."

PlanPremiumCountryGermanyDeviceDesktopOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueSince today i get the error message "Spotify can't play this right now."I've tried to relog, to reinstall and to restart my pc, but nothing works.I can hear the musi...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Germany Device Desktop Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue Since today i get the error message "Spotify can't play this right now." I've tried to r...
  • headphuuq
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Playing songs from Spotify catalog

PlanFamily PremiumUSA DeviceGalaxy S10/PCOperating SystemAndroid/Windows 10I'm a relatively new user to Spotify, but I play music all day while working (as are most of us that are fortunate enough to be able to work from home during Covid), so becaus...

• Casual Listener
  •   Plan Family Premium USA   Device Galaxy S10/PC Operating System Android/Windows 10 I'm a relatively new user to Spotify, but I play music all day while working (as are most of us...
  • Sebasty
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! The songs will skip automatically once i play start

PlanPremiumCountryMalaysiaDevice(MSI)Operating System(Windows 10)My Question or IssueThe songs would not play and they will skip automatically. i had tried to uninstall and install the app but the same issue is still happening. I've also checked my w...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Malaysia Device (MSI) Operating System (Windows 10) My Question or Issue The songs would not play and they will skip automatically. i had tried to uninstall and install ...
  • thatguy214
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Playlist Picture

How do you copy and save the collage playlist picture that Spotify creates. I DO NOT want to add a new picture. I want to save the current one to post on fb.

• Casual Listener
  • How do you copy and save the collage playlist picture that Spotify creates.  I DO NOT want to add a new picture. I want to save the current one to post on fb.
  • Sebasty
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution [Desktop] PC app keeps popping up the error code 4

PlanPremiumCountryUnited KingdomDeviceHome Desktop PCOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueHello.I have honestly tried everything to make the error code 4 go away from the PC app.Unless there is an ongoing issue with just the app, I don't kn...

• Visitor
  •   Plan Premium Country United Kingdom Device Home Desktop PC Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue Hello. I have honestly tried everything to make the error code 4 ...
  • Xenia
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Songs keep getting randomly removed from my playlist, even though they're still on Spotify

PlanPremiumCountryUAE, card for payment based in JordanMalaysiaJordanDeviceSamsung A8, Samsung S5Operating SystemAndroid My Question or IssueI know that some songs get removed because of copyright issues, but this is different, songs just keep gettin...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country UAE, card for payment based in Jordan Malaysia Jordan Device Samsung A8, Samsung S5 Operating System Android   My Question or Issue I know that some songs get re...
  • prasfg-_t213
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Troubleshooting
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify muting and playing different songs randomly

PlanPremiumCountryUruguayDeviceDesktopOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueWith no reason apparently(Tested even without touching anything in the PC), while reproducing any song, Spotify mutes the song and in some more rare cases not only t...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Uruguay Device Desktop Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue With no reason apparently(Tested even without touching anything in the PC), while reprodu...
  • Ivan
  • Spotify Legend
  • 10 replies
  • 2 likes
  • mute
    muting
    unusable
  • 10 replies
  • 2 likes

Using Spotify Desktop app causes my PC to crash with Kernel 41 Error

PlanPremiumCountryPolandDevicePCOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueSo, since Spotify update from beginning of the March using Spotify Desktop app causes my PC to crash with Kernel 41 Error. It happens only when I use Spotify, I checked th...

• Regular
  • Plan Premium Country Poland Device PC Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue So, since Spotify update from beginning of the March using Spotify Desktop app causes my P...
  • Dzemik55
  • Regular
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

En Spotify Connect me aparecen dispositivos que no tengo y no me aparecen los que tengo

Hola a todos,Desde hace un tiempo, quizás cerca de un año ya, con la app Spotify para Windows no me aparece ninguno de los dos altavoces que tengo Sonos (Play 5 gen 2 i Move). Y aun mas extraño es que me aparece un Amazon FireTV Stick cuando yo no te...

• Hola a todos, Desde hace un tiempo, quizás cerca de un año ya, con la app Spotify para Windows no me aparece ninguno de los dos altavoces que tengo Sonos (Play 5 gen 2 i Move). Y aun mas extraño e...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Emojis don't have colour on desktop app

Yesterday, when adding emojis to playlist names on the desktop app, I'm almost certain they were displaying in colour. Returning to them today, they are only displaying in black and white. What can I do to restore them to colour again? This does not ...

• Casual Listener
  • Yesterday, when adding emojis to playlist names on the desktop app, I'm almost certain they were displaying in colour.   Returning to them today, they are only displaying in black and white. W...
  • Ivan
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 2 likes