Free

Country

belguim

Device

HP probook 6450b

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

what is this error and tryed to reinstall and uninstall spotify i opend it nothing happends and in taskbar it seems that no spotify task are running but when i unstill with a surten program the spotify app seems to be open 7 times

spotify.PNG

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

@Tompievrk 

Interesting! Also, thank you for getting back to me 🙂

I have a few more questions for you:

1. did this start happening recently?

2. If yes, did this start happening after some update (from Windows or Spotify) or some other change you can remember?

3. Check your system's memory usage, for example open up Resource Monitor and navigate to Memory. Is there enough free/standby RAM?

You should try uninstalling again (close the active Spotify threads in task manager), then reboot the computer, then try downloading and installing Spotify.

Also, if you're using the version downloaded from Spotify.com, try the Windows Store version instead, and vice versa.

Let me know what you find!

SebastySpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

Thx for telling me this bcs i come a cross this website with the following :

While RAM MAP and EmptyStandbyList are effective tools, it is advisable to search for the real source of the problem to update that particular software. The problem can be caused by a particular software or malware that, if detected, can be excluded from the routine scans.

https://windowsreport.com/standby-memory/

So Malware was the problem anyway thx for the help and i hope spotify will still work after opening a couple of times again

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Hey @Tompievrk 

Is this error message popping up only when you try to remove Spotify, or in other times as well?

Here is what you should try:

Ensure your Windows is fully up to date. Updating your OS can remove pretty bad-looking errors, so it's always a good idea to check for updates. 🙂

If Spotify is still not working and remains unremovable, you can try using a third party software remover (eg. Revo Uninstaller, IObit Uninstaller).

Then you can try installing Spotify again.

Let me know how it goes. 🙂

SebastySpotify Star

oooh no it launches when i want to launch spotify (the error). so i unstalled it with like such unisnstaller. and the thing is that i reinstalled spotify. and then i close it and reopen it nothing happends and error comes on screen! and nothing in task bar but it seems like spotify is still runing in someway bcs the uninstaller says first close all aplecations of this app and i used BCuninstaller
Marked as solution

@Tompievrk 

Interesting! Also, thank you for getting back to me 🙂

I have a few more questions for you:

1. did this start happening recently?

2. If yes, did this start happening after some update (from Windows or Spotify) or some other change you can remember?

3. Check your system's memory usage, for example open up Resource Monitor and navigate to Memory. Is there enough free/standby RAM?

You should try uninstalling again (close the active Spotify threads in task manager), then reboot the computer, then try downloading and installing Spotify.

Also, if you're using the version downloaded from Spotify.com, try the Windows Store version instead, and vice versa.

Let me know what you find!

SebastySpotify Star
Marked as solution

Thx for telling me this bcs i come a cross this website with the following :

While RAM MAP and EmptyStandbyList are effective tools, it is advisable to search for the real source of the problem to update that particular software. The problem can be caused by a particular software or malware that, if detected, can be excluded from the routine scans.

https://windowsreport.com/standby-memory/

So Malware was the problem anyway thx for the help and i hope spotify will still work after opening a couple of times again

Suggested posts