Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can't access my Audio Settings (using Desktop with Windows 7)

Solved!

Can't access my Audio Settings (using Desktop with Windows 7)

I am new to Spotify Premium. I am using a desktop computer with Windows 7 to access my Spotify Premium. I stream the music to my 2-channel stereo using a Audioengine B1 Bluetooth receiver.

All I want to do now is check my audio settings to make sure it's on the highest quality, but I can't figure out how to find my 'System and Settings' page.

BTW ... I don't use any 'apps' since I am strictly using a desktop computer to access my Spotify.

Thanks ...

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

@Turbo6ta

Spotify web player is accessible through the internet browser, when you type in open.spotify.com to the address bar. 🙂

Downloading the desktop client gives more features, such as editing your playlists (adding a custom "cover art" and a description), downloading playlists for offline listening in Spotify (when you don't have connection) and various settings such as crossfading. If you don't see yourself using them, it's fine to use the web player. 🙂

If you do feel like discovering it, you can download Spotify here!

Web player is 256kbps AAC
Desktop Spotify gives 320kbps Ogg Vorbis. You'll have to make sure you enable high quality streaming in Preferences.
Technically speaking there's little to no difference in audio quality, both sound just fine. The only difference is that 256kbps AAC (open.spotify.com) uses a little bit less data because the files are a notch smaller, but that's about it.

I'm here for you if you need more help!

SebastySpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Hey @Turbo6ta

If you're using the web player (open.spotify.com), then the audio quality is set to highest by default when you're on Premium.

If you have downloaded Spotify, the desktop client, it has Preferences which you can access by clicking the three dots on the upper left corner and going on Edit. Or you can simply press Ctrl + P (simultaneously). There's a setting for music quality which you can toggle on.

Read this article for more information on Spotify's audio settings, including audio bitrate. 🙂

Hope that helps!

SebastySpotify Star

Thanks for the fast reply ...

I never downloaded "Spotify the Desktop Client" ... All I did was go to the Spotify web page and sign up for the free 30 day trial of Premium.

I guess the web player that I use is the Windows Media Player that comes with Windows 7.

Would I be better off downloading the Spotify Desktop Client? (I don't use a smartphone), so I am not familiar with "Apps" since everything I do on the internet is done on a Dell desktop computer.

Again, I just want to make sure I am getting the highest quality audio from Spotify to send to my 2-channel integrated amp via the Bluetooth.

Ron,

Marked as solution

@Turbo6ta

Spotify web player is accessible through the internet browser, when you type in open.spotify.com to the address bar. 🙂

Downloading the desktop client gives more features, such as editing your playlists (adding a custom "cover art" and a description), downloading playlists for offline listening in Spotify (when you don't have connection) and various settings such as crossfading. If you don't see yourself using them, it's fine to use the web player. 🙂

If you do feel like discovering it, you can download Spotify here!

Web player is 256kbps AAC
Desktop Spotify gives 320kbps Ogg Vorbis. You'll have to make sure you enable high quality streaming in Preferences.
Technically speaking there's little to no difference in audio quality, both sound just fine. The only difference is that 256kbps AAC (open.spotify.com) uses a little bit less data because the files are a notch smaller, but that's about it.

I'm here for you if you need more help!

SebastySpotify Star

Suggested posts