Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can't add songs to playlists in folders

Solved!

Can't add songs to playlists in folders

I have some playlists in folders. Can't add songs to them, the playlists are not appearing even though they are there. See the screen shots. You can see on the left that there are playlists in the folder, but in the drop down menu I just get a blank bar and nothing else.

Windows 10 Enterprise x64 on Lenovo T450, Spotify version is 1.0.70.388.g8e1ed5af

Screenshot-142615-2018-01-11.png

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Uninstalled/reinstalled, none of that helped. But I realize now what the problem is - none of those playlists in the folder are "mine", they are spotify lists which apparently you can't add songs to. I put one of my own playlists into the folder and it shows up/works. Drag/drop as well.

Learned a new thing... Thanks.

View solution in original post

8 Replies

Experiencing the same thing here.

Had this yesterday and posted a thread about it. After an hour or so it resolved itself. And now it's back again for me this morning. Annoying.

And just like yesterday, it is all of the sudden working again.

Hey all!

That's quite odd!

Try reinstalling Spotify following this guide:

1. Close Spotify and uninstall it.

2. Go to %AppData% in the file explorer, and delete any Spotify folders you find in Local and Roaming.

3. Restart your computer.

4. Now you can reinstall Spotify.

Additionally, are you all having playlist folders?

Can you drop songs into the playlists on the left (drag&drop)?

Let me know how it goes 🙂

SebastySpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.
Marked as solution

Uninstalled/reinstalled, none of that helped. But I realize now what the problem is - none of those playlists in the folder are "mine", they are spotify lists which apparently you can't add songs to. I put one of my own playlists into the folder and it shows up/works. Drag/drop as well.

Learned a new thing... Thanks.

Hmm...that has not been my issue at all. The playlists were/are all created by me. I wasn't trying to add them to non-collaborative lists that I did not create.

Has anyone found a solution? The playlists aren't appearing in the drop-down even though they're all mine.

It happens all most every morning (eastern time) for me. Maybe some system update is happening then? Who knows. 

The "solution" for me is either wait, or click the playlist you're trying to add to in the lefthand navigation panel first, then go back to the "add" manuever and it will usually work. It's like you have to show it that it's really there.

Suggested posts