Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Desktop (Windows)

Discuss Spotify for Windows

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Desktop: Jam now available

Spotify is bringing Jam to the desktop app! 拾 ️ Now you can start or join a listening party with your friends, family, colleagues, and classmates, with the Spotify desktop app in addition to the mobile app. Although you can listen on your own, Jam in...

Start Jam Menu - Desktop App.png Queue Right Sidebar.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • pastasås
  • Casual Listener
  • 66 replies
  • 23 likes
  • 66 replies
  • 23 likes

Desktop: New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. Together, the individually customizable design of these new views provides a richer experience, m...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • darkyoda1138
  • Regular
  • 247 replies
  • 21 likes
  • 247 replies
  • 21 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes

[Troubleshooting] Windows

Having trouble with the Spotify desktop app? Here’s a step-by-step guide to help get things working again. What to try first Perform a soft reset (generally rebooting the device will suffice). If that doesn’t help, try a clean reinstall. Be sure to l...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes

Pumping Desktop Player (Win)

We adressed an issue with the Windows player: Audio is "pumping" - like a misconfigured limiter or compressor in a professional environment does. any idea, how to solve this?we are using the latest version of the win software.

• Casual Listener
  • We adressed an issue with the Windows player: Audio is "pumping" - like a misconfigured limiter or compressor in a professional environment does.   any idea, how to solve this? we are using...
  • alexis_
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Offline Withdrawn, Premium, 1 Device (PC)

Only have 1 device (pc), downloaded about 700 songs that we've been listening offline. But this morning we got a msg saying that our "offline was withdrawn". We're signed up with the Premium service.What can we do to get our offline service again? Wi...

• Casual Listener
  • Only have 1 device (pc), downloaded about 700 songs that we've been listening offline. But this morning we got a msg saying that our "offline was withdrawn". We're signed up with the Premium service....
  • Nico
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

all songs option

All songs option available on Android app but not on squeezebox touch with spotty

• Casual Listener
  • All songs option available on Android app but not on squeezebox touch with spotty
  • Nico
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Windows Player Stuck offline

The latestest version just totally screwed my machine up. For some reason it would go offline after taking forever to load, and somehow would reset my connection to the internet on my machine. My remote desktop (work) would disconnect and then spotif...

• Casual Listener
  • The latestest version just totally screwed my machine up. For some reason it would go offline after taking forever to load, and somehow would reset my connection to the internet on my machine. My rem...
  • steveOGallagher
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Ads for no premium

im listening to a playlist trying to focus and all of a sudden i hear this retarded ad for the movie insiduous, like **bleep**? btw its a stupid ad and just cringe. ive already handled with the cringey spotify ads and everything else for the past yea...

• im listening to a playlist trying to focus and all of a sudden i hear this retarded ad for the movie insiduous, like **bleep**? btw its a stupid ad and just cringe. ive already handled with the cring...
  • katgongora
  • Roadie
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Drag and drop playlist to library won’t work (to songs section)

I’m trying to drag and drop an iTunes imported playlist to the Spotify library. Within Spotify, I drag and drop the playlist onto the songs section and it won’t work.. there’s this little icone saying impossible to add? Anyone has any clue? Doing it ...

• Casual Listener
  • I’m trying to drag and drop an iTunes imported playlist to the Spotify library. Within Spotify, I drag and drop the playlist onto the songs section and it won’t work.. there’s this little icone sayin...
  • katgongora
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

I'm sorry but the Windows 10 app's UX just sucks.

8/10 times I make a search, the app just refuses to show ANYTHING. It takes an average of 5 minutes to load on startup. It is so slow once it's loaded I might as well be using the web version on a 2G network. No, my pc isn't low tier. At all. My inte...

• Casual Listener
  • 8/10 times I make a search, the app just refuses to show ANYTHING.  It takes an average of 5 minutes to load on startup.  It is so slow once it's loaded I might as well be using the web v...
  • 0 replies
  • 30 likes
  • slow search-not-showing bad-ux laggy buggy
  • 0 replies
  • 30 likes

Solved!! Not receiving 'Your Top 100 songs 2017 Playlist'

At the end of 2016, I got an email from Spotify showing me from 100-1 what songs I played the most. This year of 2017, however, I got no email from spotify for that playlist. I was dissapointed as I wanted to review my top 100.Upon further investigat...

• Casual Listener
  • At the end of 2016, I got an email from Spotify showing me from 100-1 what songs I played the most. This year of 2017, however, I got no email from spotify for that playlist. I was dissapointed as I ...
  • reactreality101
  • Roadie
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Les touches multimédia du clavier ne fonctionne plus

Bonjour, Depuis la mise à jour 1.0.49.xxx de spotify j'ai remarqué que les touches multimédia du clavier ne fonctionnent plus ( pour mettre en pause ou passer à la musique suivante par exemple ). J'ai testé sur deux ordinateurs différents et le probl...

• Casual Listener
  • Bonjour,   Depuis la mise à jour 1.0.49.xxx de spotify j'ai remarqué que les touches multimédia du clavier ne fonctionnent plus ( pour mettre en pause ou passer à la musique suivante par ...
  • Madiidii
  • Casual Listener
  • 8 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Windows
  • 8 replies
  • 1 likes

App not working after ALT-Tab out of a fullscreen Application

I was playing some video games and wanted to change music during this. I got the app open on a 2nd screen, but when I ALT-TAB out and try to click it, it doesn't work. It seems as if the window isn't there at all, because if I try to close it and the...

• I was playing some video games and wanted to change music during this. I got the app open on a 2nd screen, but when I ALT-TAB out and try to click it, it doesn't work. It seems as if the window isn't...
  • John9n
  • 5 replies
  • 5 likes
  • Windows
  • 5 replies
  • 5 likes

Bug in adding suggested songs to playlist and playing next suggestion

When I am in a playlistand play a song from "Recommended Songs"and add the playing song to the list by pressing "Add"and I click play at the location where the just added song wasthen the play button is still for the playing (and added) song I would ...

• When I am in a playlist and play a song from "Recommended Songs" and add the playing song to the list by pressing "Add" and I click play at the location where the just added song was then th...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

"Repeat One" changes to "Repeat Playlist" on manual track change

A while ago the windows desktop player as well as the andoid player changed behaviour:Old: If "Repeat One" was selected it sayed even if a new track was manually selected. It was changed to "Repeat Playlist" if the "Next" button was clicked.New: "Rep...

• A while ago the windows desktop player as well as the andoid player changed behaviour: Old: If "Repeat One" was selected it sayed even if a new track was manually selected. It was changed to "Repeat...
  • tempus0
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes

Same volume play songs (advanced) goes back to off

Hello, The setting in advanced "Same volume for all songs"..goes back to OFF after shutting down. Anyone knows why isnt this working?

• Casual Listener
  • Hello,  The setting in advanced "Same volume for all songs"..goes back to OFF after shutting down. Anyone knows why isnt this working?
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 5 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 2 likes

Waiting for connection keeps appearing

It seems like I can't download the music, I can do it from my Android, but not for the desktop. I keep pressing download at all my list and just says "waiting for connection". I checked the firewall and the problem isnt there, also tried to reinstall...

• It seems like I can't download the music, I can do it from my Android, but not for the desktop. I keep pressing download at all my list and just says "waiting for connection". I checked the firewall ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Download

Bonjour, j'ai telecharge des musiques sur Spotify. J'ai reussi pour la plupart a mettre des couvertures d'albulm grace a iTunes mais ca bug pour quelques musiques. Savez-vous comment je peux enlever ca ? De plus, est-il possible que les gens qui ecou...

• Bonjour, j'ai telecharge des musiques sur Spotify. J'ai reussi pour la plupart a mettre des couvertures d'albulm grace a iTunes mais ca bug pour quelques musiques. Savez-vous comment je peux enlever ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Cant listen to local files or save the settings

Hi, I have a recent issue with local files, they are greyed out and cant be played, even the ones not being grayed out is playable. Right as of now i have no source for local files, but still somehow have 332 songs availible?? I have tried everything...

• Hi,   I have a recent issue with local files, they are greyed out and cant be played, even the ones not being grayed out is playable. Right as of now i have no source for local files, but stil...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

local files won't sync from pc to iphone

I've seen this type of problem posted on here and the solutions posted don't work for me, so I am asking. I want to transfer some local files to my spotify, and it has done so on my pc, they play and have downloaded. But when I go to play the songs o...

• I've seen this type of problem posted on here and the solutions posted don't work for me, so I am asking. I want to transfer some local files to my spotify, and it has done so on my pc, they play and...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Cannot change image of my public playlist

Hi guys On my Mac I uploaded a image to a public playlist that I created, but it doesn't show the image anywhere, except in the window where you can upload the image.. See image attached. I tried already:- Restart my Mac- Delete Spotify App and downl...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi guys   On my Mac I uploaded a image to a public playlist that I created, but it doesn't show the image anywhere, except in the window where you can upload the image.. See image attached....
  • orangetucked
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Playlist Artwork Not Working?

Uploading new artwork for playlists is no longer working on Spotify Windows Desktop. I've checked that the artowkr is the right physical size and under 4mb, JPG format. Loads up succsefully, but then doesn't show up? Is anyone else having the same pr...

• Music Fan
  • Uploading new artwork for playlists is no longer working on Spotify Windows Desktop. I've checked that the artowkr is the right physical size and under 4mb, JPG format. Loads up succsefully, but then...
  • celineakin
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes

Repeat one gets auto disabled when a different song is played on desktop.

Spotify desktop version used to play songs on repeat one (once enabled), even when different songs are selected. Now repeat one gets auto changed to repeat all when a different song is played. I like to listen to a song multiple times before changing...

• Spotify desktop version used to play songs on repeat one (once enabled), even when different songs are selected. Now repeat one gets auto changed to repeat all when a different song is played. I like...
  • tempus0
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 4 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 4 likes