Desktop (Windows)

Discuss Spotify for Windows

Start a topic

Forum Posts

[Troubleshooting] Windows

Having trouble with the Spotify desktop app? Here’s a step-by-step guide to help get things working again. What to try first Perform a soft reset (generally rebooting the device will suffice). If that doesn’t help, try a clean reinstall. Be sure to l...

• Community Manager
  • Community Manager
  • 0 replies
  • 24 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 24 likes

FAQ: Spotify for Windows 10 app

Hey folks, we've outlined some of the common questions you might have about the Windows 10 app now available. Please post in this board if you have any other questions. Q: Why can’t I see Spotify in the Windows 10 store? A: Spotify for Windows store ...

• Spotify
  • Spotify
  • 0 replies
  • 32 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 32 likes

Re: Inbox and messages

So what alternate service offers similar social funtionality? After being ignored here and on Twitter, I'm ready to jump ship myself.

• Roadie
  • So what alternate service offers similar social funtionality? After being ignored here and on Twitter, I'm ready to jump ship myself. 
  • 0 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 4 likes

Re: Inbox and messages

So in case anyone was wondering, Spotify is reading these hundreds and hundreds of comments and choosing not to reply. Someone else just posted a comment about looking for an alternate solution and finding a competitor that offers social interaction....

• Music Fan
  • So in case anyone was wondering, Spotify is reading these hundreds and hundreds of comments and choosing not to reply.     Someone else just posted a comment about looking for an alternat...
  • 6 replies
  • 11 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 11 likes

Superuser Contribution sound quality

do you apreciate any change of sound quality enabling and disabling the switch of streaming in high quality in preferences?

• do you apreciate any change of sound quality enabling and disabling the switch of streaming in high quality in preferences?
  • Maria_B
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Randomly switching to phone while on desktop

Since the latest upgrade apparently, my desktop app will randomly switch to my mobile phone. So, while i'm listening on the desktop, the app stops playing on my desktop and starts playing on my phone. This happens even when the phone app is turned of...

• Regular
  • Since the latest upgrade apparently, my desktop app will randomly switch to my mobile phone. So, while i'm listening on the desktop, the app stops playing on my desktop and starts playing on my phone...
  • hansp21
  • Music Fan
  • 10 replies
  • 2 likes
  • Windows
  • 10 replies
  • 2 likes

Superuser Contribution Desktop player says offline, won't play. (but I'm connected)

Hello... I use premium... the player on my desktop is saying it's offline and will not play. But I'm connected and the internet is working fine. I'm listening now on the web player. Any help/reasons would be great! Already restarted and reinstalled.....

• Casual Listener
  • Hello...   I use premium... the player on my desktop is saying it's offline and will not play. But I'm connected and the internet is working fine. I'm listening now on the web player. 😞 &nbs...
  • Maria_B
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Local Files disappearing?

Everytime I restart my PC/Boot it up, all my local files are missing from the 'Local Files' tab and removed from my playlist, is there a fix for it yet?

• Everytime I restart my PC/Boot it up, all my local files are missing from the 'Local Files' tab and removed from my playlist, is there a fix for it yet?
  • schuasda
  • 2 replies
  • 6 likes
  • Windows
  • 2 replies
  • 6 likes

Windows 7 - spotifu is uninstaling themself after few minutes...

Hi guys.First of all i wanna say that i'm spotify premium user for couple of years and i love it!But unfortunetly after this sweet time bad time comes.My spotify - desktop version is disapearing...no errors, no messages, spotify just stop playing and...

• Regular
  • Hi guys. First of all i wanna say that i'm spotify premium user for couple of years and i love it! But unfortunetly after this sweet time bad time comes. My spotify - desktop version is disapearin...
  • KondzioR
  • Regular
  • 6 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Windows
  • 6 replies
  • 1 likes

Desktop app under corporate firewall with CNTLM

Hello. I'm successfully using CNTLM as a proxy to install python packages. and other stuff, etc. But, for some reason, Spotify desktop app is not being able to use it and connect. I've tried many variations: HTTP, SOCKS4, ..., adding or not adding my...

• Regular
  • Hello.  I'm successfully using CNTLM as a proxy to install python packages. and other stuff, etc.   But, for some reason, Spotify desktop app is not being able to use it and connect...
  • seanjseymour
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Playback switches to phone by itself

I would be listening to Spotify through the desktop app on my computer, and all of a sudden, the music would stop playing from my computer speakers and continue playing from my phone (Samsung Galaxy S6) instead. The switch occurs automatically, witho...

• I would be listening to Spotify through the desktop app on my computer, and all of a sudden, the music would stop playing from my computer speakers and continue playing from my phone (Samsung Galaxy ...
  • mdiamond93
  • 2 replies
  • 6 likes
  • Windows
  • 2 replies
  • 6 likes

Spotify window stuck under taskbar

An image = 1000 words, so here: This issue is not new, here is another post about it: https://community.spotify.com/t5/Desktop-Linux-Windows-Web-Player/Spotify-stuck-behind-taskbar/td-p/1400429 The issue happens you open Spotify for the first time. T...

window under taskbar 1.jpg
  • Regular
  • An image = 1000 words, so here:  This issue is not new, here is another post about it: https://community.spotify.com/t5/Desktop-Linux-Windows-Web-Player/Spotify-stuck-behind-taskbar/td-p/...
  • Jon_UK
  • Roadie
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Several minutes to load content when opening the program.

Since last couple of weeks or so when i start spotify it stays showing the loading icon for about 5 minutes before showing the content.I have tried disabeling the local files paths but problem persist. I don't remember if this started with an actuali...

• Casual Listener
  • Since last couple of weeks or so when i start spotify it stays showing the loading icon for about 5 minutes before showing the content. I have tried disabeling the local files paths but problem...
  • octopus77
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Playlist Folders not syncing between devices

Spoiler (Highlight to read)This is the folder directory on my pcThis is the folder directory on my pc Spoiler (Highlight to read)(pt2)(pt2)Spoiler (Highlight to read)This is the folder directory on my phone (pt1)This is the folder directory on my pho...

Capture.JPG sp2.JPG sp.JPG
  • Casual Listener
  • This is the folder directory on my pc     (pt2) This is the folder directory on my phone (pt1) As you can see, the first screenshot shows a few normal playlist outside of...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Lake Street Drive - Bad Self Portraits - Distorted Sound

There is defintily something wrong with Lake Street Drive's Bad Self Portraits album. Multiple instances on different sound systems I've noticed bad distortion on the vocals. Listen to "Better Than". Please don't tell me it's my system, I have studio...

• Casual Listener
  • There is defintily something wrong with Lake Street Drive's Bad Self Portraits album. Multiple instances on different sound systems I've noticed bad distortion on the vocals. Listen to "Better Than"....
  • robcar1972
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Scratched Record?

So I'm listening to music while drawing, when suddenly the song I'm listening to repeats a part a few times. It was like when there was a scratch in a record, and it just plays the last 2 seconds over and over. At first I thought I was crazy, but I q...

• Casual Listener
  • So I'm listening to music while drawing, when suddenly the song I'm listening to repeats a part a few times. It was like when there was a scratch in a record, and it just plays the last 2 seconds ove...
  • Ivan
  • Spotify Legend
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify Windows App on the Fritz

When I start playing any playlist (my own or Spotify curated) the currently playing song skips around every second or so as if it's doing some kind of scan/seek. No audio plays. Same for any playlist and same when restarting the app. This behavior st...

• Regular
  • When I start playing any playlist (my own or Spotify curated) the currently playing song skips around every second or so as if it's doing some kind of scan/seek. No audio plays. Same for any playlist...
  • thnk2wn
  • Regular
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

I got Virus

I downloaded spotify for Desktop, Windows and the antivirus alerted me about Trojan

• I downloaded spotify for Desktop, Windows and the antivirus alerted me about Trojan
  • oldFakebooker
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

So we finally have a Filter option in the Saved Albums section

But why oh why it only filters by album names and doesn't show me all the albums saved by an artist if I type in the artist name. Boggles my mind.

• Casual Listener
  • But why oh why it only filters by album names and doesn't show me all the albums saved by an artist if I type in the artist name. Boggles my mind.
  • cezfez
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

automatically Changes

Hey,For a few weeks I have a little problem.If I use spotify on my computer, spotfy stopped playing music sometimes and play it on my android smartphone.What can I do?

• Hey, For a few weeks I have a little problem. If I use spotify on my computer, spotfy stopped playing music sometimes and play it on my android smartphone. What can I do?
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Podcast help

I am currently listening to the nosleep podcast on my phone, but am trying to listen to it on my computer. I cannot find it anywhere online on my computer using spotify but have no problem finding it on my phone.

• I am currently listening to the nosleep podcast on my phone, but am trying to listen to it on my computer. I cannot find it anywhere online on my computer using spotify but have no problem finding it...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Feedback new version of spotify

Hi! Share on right click menu is wrong i cant use "https://open.spotify.com/track"is iframe or "spotify:track:" and other social media.Why is not there to choose regular link as "https://open.spotify.com/track"? This links i can use now for new versi...

• Hi!   Share on right click menu is wrong i cant use "https://open.spotify.com/track" is iframe or "spotify:track:" and other social media. Why is not there to choose regular link as "ht...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes