Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

how do i remove songs from albums?

how do i remove songs from albums?

I added an album to the "Your Music" Albums section. I then open the album. I am unable to delete tracks from this album. If I save the album as a playlist then I can of course remove them, but then they are no longer in the "Albums" section.

This is very frustrating since the saved Albums feature was recently introduced and I spent the time to convert saved album playlists into Albums.

Thanks.

8 Replies

Hej!

I don't get what you're saying. The 'your music' feature is like going into an online music store (Not mentioning any names) and purchasing the album. You're not just going to delete the tracks, arn't you? This is what spotify is trying to make. So I'm sorry to say this, but you're going to have to deal with it.

See you on the other side,

~Joe

JOEBOT, lovingly handmade by MattSuda - I'm not the only sexy rock star, there are plenty of others that are happy to help you out. Just look for the star by their name.
-
I AM NOT AN EMPLOYEE OF SPOTIFY AB. I am just a thirteen year old child trying to help out. I am not paid to help or say any views of Spotify AB or any of it's affiliates, so the least that you could do is share some kudos, or, if I helped you out, mark my post as a solution. It makes me all fuzzy inside

I disagree. The "Your Music" Albums feature was to replace having to make playlists for each of your albums. I certainly throw away music I don't want to listen to, whether or not I paid for it in a package deal like buying a whole album.

Do you listen to all music on every album you purchase? If the answer is no, then do you want to skip those each time? Probably no. The solution? Make a play list for the album? They just added this feature so you don't have to do that! Now the new feature has less configurability than the old feature.

@LeftSpin2k Welcome to the Spotify Community, nice to see you around!

Why not try adding music individually you like to My Mysic? Like that you have better fine grained control on the songs.. If you like compilations instead, why not group Spotify playlists in folders (This is what I do now..)

So its up to each person's individual music mgmt and it really differs.. some of my friends have obsessive compulsive disorder and My Music works really well for them.. Hahaha.
Meet Jeremy! | Day Entrepreneur, Night, Music Fanatic
I'm here to shuffle!

• Write what matters in your heart to others, you never know whether you have another chance again.

Hej (again!)!

Most albums I buy I listen to every track. If I don't, most likely all of the tracks are rubbish.

~Joe

JOEBOT, lovingly handmade by MattSuda - I'm not the only sexy rock star, there are plenty of others that are happy to help you out. Just look for the star by their name.
-
I AM NOT AN EMPLOYEE OF SPOTIFY AB. I am just a thirteen year old child trying to help out. I am not paid to help or say any views of Spotify AB or any of it's affiliates, so the least that you could do is share some kudos, or, if I helped you out, mark my post as a solution. It makes me all fuzzy inside

That' doesn't fit my workflow. I add an album I'm interested in based on a track. Then I go back later and listen to the album, deleting stuff I consider filler. If the album has more than 3 songs left, I leave it, otherwise I just add the remaining tracks to a play list.

Everyone has their own system. You can actually do what you want in Song view. Sort on album, artist or date added to make stuff easier to find and turn the checkmark into a cross.

Thanks Joe. That works. They need to enable delete song in the album view.

I agree -- mostly from "remasters" where the so called bonus tracks are just junk. The ones I find most anoying are albums on CD (or Spotify) where I already own the original LP - I'd like a digital version of the original. 

Suggested posts