Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Desktop (Windows)

Discuss Spotify for Windows

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Desktop: Jam now available

Spotify is bringing Jam to the desktop app! 拾 ️ Now you can start or join a listening party with your friends, family, colleagues, and classmates, with the Spotify desktop app in addition to the mobile app. Although you can listen on your own, Jam in...

Start Jam Menu - Desktop App.png Queue Right Sidebar.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • pastasås
  • Casual Listener
  • 66 replies
  • 23 likes
  • 66 replies
  • 23 likes

Desktop: New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. Together, the individually customizable design of these new views provides a richer experience, m...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • Edwardont
  • Casual Listener
  • 251 replies
  • 21 likes
  • 251 replies
  • 21 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes

[Troubleshooting] Windows

Having trouble with the Spotify desktop app? Here’s a step-by-step guide to help get things working again. What to try first Perform a soft reset (generally rebooting the device will suffice). If that doesn’t help, try a clean reinstall. Be sure to l...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes

(Error code 13) The installer is unable to install Spotify because the nessecary files... Windows 10

My Desktop Spotify freezed on me after an update so I uninstalled the application then when I tried to re-install it this error showed up. The installer is unable to install Spotify because the neccessary files could not be created. (Error code: 13)I...

• My Desktop Spotify freezed on me after an update so I uninstalled the application then when I tried to re-install it this error showed up.  The installer is unable to install Spotify because ...
  • Sebasty
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Artist Selection in "Web Player"

HELLODoes anyone know how to get the library of saved "Artists" to appear in the web player?? I have a list of artists in my app, but since I can only access "Web Player" at work I would like to know how to access the same list of artists I have in t...

• Regular
  • HELLO Does anyone know how to get the library of saved "Artists" to appear in the web player??   I have a list of artists in my app, but since I can only access "Web Player" at work I would l...
  • Sebasty
  • Spotify Star
  • 6 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 1 likes

ID3 tags in local files

Dear all,After switching to spotify, I left behind an immense music library, much of which is not available on spotify. So, when I heard I could add these as local files (and even sync them up to my mobile device!) I was delighted of course. However,...

• Casual Listener
  • Dear all, After switching to spotify, I left behind an immense music library, much of which is not available on spotify. So, when I heard I could add these as local files (and even sync them up to m...
  • Sebasty
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes

App keeps closing, radio keeps stopping

I have a tanning studio open from 7 am to 10 pm, music is of extreme importance.I downloaded spotify and usually play the pop radio and leave it always on. But every morning I come in to find either spotify closed or the radio just stopped playing. I...

• I have a tanning studio open from 7 am to 10 pm, music is of extreme importance. I downloaded spotify and usually play the pop radio and leave it always on. But every morning I come in to find eithe...
  • Sebasty
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

How can i send private messages to a friend?

Hello,my plan is, to invite a friend to a common playlist. But I can't find an option to invite him. I can just make the playlist as a common playlist. I guess for all people that follow me. But it's only for us two. Where is this option and how can ...

• Regular
  • Hello, my plan is, to invite a friend to a common playlist. But I can't find an option to invite him. I can just make the playlist as a common playlist. I guess for all people that follow me. But it...
  • Noah
  • Spotify Star
  • 10 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 10 replies
  • 2 likes

PLEASE REMOVE DESKTOP VOLUME BAR!

Please please please remove the desktop overlay. I found the setting to "disable" it when using media keys, but it only removes the song detail, not the volume bar. I HATE this. It remains on my screen anytime Spotify is playing, not just when the pr...

• Please please please remove the desktop overlay. I found the setting to "disable" it when using media keys, but it only removes the song detail, not the volume bar. I HATE this. It remains on my scre...
  • IguanaSetup
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify default song library

I have been a premium member for aprroximately a year now,the old spotify was able to let me directly download songs in my default song library but now there's no option to do so,i can only listen to songs in my downloaded playlist.Send help pls

• I have been a premium member for aprroximately a year now,the old spotify was able to let me directly download songs in my default song library but now there's no option to do so,i can only listen to...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Flat sound, no bass > swap center&subwoofer

Hi! So I've been struggling with audio quality for more than a year now. The main problem is that on a 5.1 system the audio sounds flat, lacking bass and the rear speakers are not used, even though speaker fill is turned on in the Realtek driver. In ...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi!   So I've been struggling with audio quality for more than a year now. The main problem is that on a 5.1 system the audio sounds flat, lacking bass and the rear speakers are not used,...
  • 0 replies
  • 12 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 12 likes

Spotify logs me out and deletes my playlists

Hi, I have spotify premium and I leave spotify playing when I sleep. Lately I've been waking up to find there's no music playing, and when I pull spotify open I'm logged out with an error message (not 100% sure on the number as I'm usually very grogg...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi, I have spotify premium and I leave spotify playing when I sleep. Lately I've been waking up to find there's no music playing, and when I pull spotify open I'm logged out with an error message (no...
  • Kiradeki
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • error code
    no music
    Playlists
    Playlists deleted
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Cant unlike songs from radio

I'm not able to unlike a song from a radio station on PC spotify. Same with mobile version. Any idea why?

• I'm not able to unlike a song from a radio station on PC spotify. Same with mobile version. Any idea why?
  • leodreyer
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Dowload playlist songs

Hay alguna forma de poder habilitar la descarga de esta carpeta en pc?  

• Hay alguna forma de poder habilitar la descarga de esta carpeta en pc?    
  • leodreyer
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Not able to sign in on the Spotify program?

I am not able to sign in at all. It keeps telling me "The username or password is incorrect. (ERRORCODE 3)" I can sign in on the Spotify Web Player. I tried checking my firewall, it is not blocked. I uninstalled then reinstalled Spotify, still wont l...

error.PNG
  • Regular
  • I am not able to sign in at all. It keeps telling me "The username or password is incorrect. (ERRORCODE 3)" I can sign in on the Spotify Web Player. I tried checking my firewall, it is not blocked. I...
  • leodreyer
  • Roadie
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Noise crackling and popping

Hello, I've had this issue for a few weeks now where everything I play from Spotify crackles and pops. However when I play from YouTube, I have no issues.I have premium, if that's to any help. I've cleared cache - didn't work.Tried uninstalling - did...

• Hello,   I've had this issue for a few weeks now where everything I play from Spotify crackles and pops. However when I play from YouTube, I have no issues. I have premium, if that's to any h...
  • andyliu52
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

In Windows Webplayer Left side column, How can I SORT My Playlist to appear A thru Z?

I cannot find a way to SORT my Playlist to appear with "A" name list at the TOP and "Z" named list at the bottom. By default it appears with Z thru A which is not how I want to see them. Why would anyone want Z thru A? So how do I sort these my way, ...

• Casual Listener
  • I cannot find a way to SORT my Playlist to appear with "A" name list at the TOP and "Z" named list at the bottom. By default it appears with Z thru A which is not how I want to see them. Why would an...
  • MaxieWoxy
  • Roadie
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Bad quality audio with Windows even with Premium

Hi all! I just cannot have good quality sound when using Spotify with Windows. I've activated the "Premium quality" option, but there is no difference at all. I'm almost sure that the sound is in 160 and not 320 despite the option activated.With Andr...

• Visitor
  • Hi all!   I just cannot have good quality sound when using Spotify with Windows. I've activated the "Premium quality" option, but there is no difference at all. I'm almost sure that the sound ...
  • SABBBITH_CAT
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Windows
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes

Music being deleted off of my playlists

I noticed that the entire album "Everybody Loves a Happy Ending" by Tears for Fears is now unavailable on Spotify. I also noticed that almost all of the music by Mt. Wolf I added to my playlits are gone. I am wondering why this is happening and if th...

• I noticed that the entire album "Everybody Loves a Happy Ending" by Tears for Fears is now unavailable on Spotify. I also noticed that almost all of the music by Mt. Wolf I added to my playlits are g...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Can no longer download and play playlists with local files on iPhone

So this has annoyed me for quite a while now; I used to be able to easily download and play playlists containing local files from Spotify on my computer on my Spotify app on my iPhone. But some time last year the feature dissapeared for me. I used to...

• Casual Listener
  • So this has annoyed me for quite a while now; I used to be able to easily download and play playlists containing local files from Spotify on my computer on my Spotify app on my iPhone. But some time ...
  • powerpoll
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

How to be published as a top listener?

So I've seen a few posts in the past showing that there is an option to be published as a top listener if you are linked to last.fm. However, I don't see that option anywhere (even when I go to edit and then preferences). Any help would be greatly ap...

• So I've seen a few posts in the past showing that there is an option to be published as a top listener if you are linked to last.fm. However, I don't see that option anywhere (even when I go to edit ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify freezing laptop

Everyone I open spotify it loads for a while and than my whole laptop freezes. I know this is a spotify issue because it works just fine without spotify usage. This has been happening for a week now and any help would be appreciated.

• Everyone I open spotify it loads for a while and than my whole laptop freezes. I know this is a spotify issue because it works just fine without spotify usage.    This has been happening ...
  • feelikeastrangr
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

(Windows laptop) Spotify pauzes auto when paring with bluetoothspeaker

Hello, I upgraded from a JBL GO to a JBL Charge 3 but if i connect my laptop with a JBl Charge 3 speaker. And play a song on Spotify, It will auto pauz and if i hit play it pauzes again after 1 second etc... If i use windows mediaplayer,winrar or you...

• Hello,   I upgraded from a JBL GO to a JBL Charge 3 but if i connect my laptop with a JBl Charge 3 speaker. And play a song on Spotify, It will auto pauz and if i hit play it pauzes again afte...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes