Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

My Spotify stops and starts playing randomly (Windows and Android)

My Spotify stops and starts playing randomly (Windows and Android)

My spotify stops and starts playing randomly what getting me furious cause it happening after just few songs everytime. It's not a connections issue for sure cause i've been trying on multiple devices (PCs, Android smartphones) and various connections and it still happens everytime.

Yesterday i've reinstall my app on Windows and nothing changed unfortunately.

Does anybody have the same issue or any solution for that?

6 Replies

I've got the same problem - reinstalled spotify several times and it still randomly stops and starts playback for no reason I can work out. All sound drivers are up to date etc. Would really appreciate some help too!
I'm running Windows 10 and android on a Sony Experia 

I have the same problem, running Win 10 as well as android. I've switched from OSX recently, and had it there too...

I don't know if any Spotify types actually read these things, but this is still going on and I'm starting to wonder why I'm paying for a subscription service that isn't fit for purpose!

HELP PLEASE!

Do you have pro? Or free supported by Ads? Because Ads should try to play every few songs on the free version, and if something funky is going on with that [like say some sort of malfunctioning adblocking, just as an example] that could explain why it keeps stopping working every few tracks. Because the Ads load differently than the songs its possible for the songs to work fine and the Ads to screw up, so that could be the issue.

But more info is probably needed to get an accurate diagnosis.

Hiya
Nope, it's not a problem with ads, I've had premium since it started!
However, it's getting to the point where I'm starting to wonder if Spotify
is worth it any more if I effectively can't use it unless I can fiddle
around with it every couple of songs, so it's useless in the car or when
I'm working - the two main times I use it!
Thanks for the ideas though.
Katy

Ok. If you are on premium that makes it unlikely [but not impossible] that it's an ads issue. It could theoretically be that the version of the program you have is for some reason not the full premium version and is mistakenly trying to load ads and failing... but that's not likely.

So... More details would be helpful... [like for example have you had this problem since you got Spotify or has it just 'recently' started? What version of Spotify are you on? win32/vs store App? etc] However you mention that you are using multiple devices.

Are they logged in at the same time? If you have multiple devices logged in to the same account at the same time, that could cause issues. Including randomly stopping after a couple of tracks, and needing to restart. So checking that no other devices are logged in other than the one you are trying to use might be an idea.

According to this page
https://support.spotify.com/uk/using_spotify/troubleshooting/playback-issues/
Having less than 1GB of memory [RAM] free could cause streaming issues, which could be a factor on your phone, particularly if you [like most people] don't close your Apps/windows/tabs and thus have dozens/hundreds of open windows chewing up memory.

When you are out driving or at work are you connected or are you using Spotify in offline mode?

The other thing I would suggest is [in Windows] open up Task Manager [Viewing Processes] and Open Resource Monitor and go to the "network" tab and in "Processes with Network Activity" select Spotify.exe and then with both those open try playing music on Spotify, and see what, if anything, happens when it stops playing.

If there is an event associated with play stopping then maybe that will point to what's causing it and that will lead to a solution for fixing it.

Suggested posts