Desktop (Windows)

Discuss Spotify for Windows

Start a topic

Forum Posts

[Troubleshooting] Windows

Having trouble with the Spotify desktop app? Here’s a step-by-step guide to help get things working again. What to try first Perform a soft reset (generally rebooting the device will suffice). If that doesn’t help, try a clean reinstall. Be sure to l...

• Community Manager
  • Community Manager
  • 0 replies
  • 24 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 24 likes

FAQ: Spotify for Windows 10 app

Hey folks, we've outlined some of the common questions you might have about the Windows 10 app now available. Please post in this board if you have any other questions. Q: Why can’t I see Spotify in the Windows 10 store? A: Spotify for Windows store ...

• Spotify
  • Spotify
  • 0 replies
  • 32 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 32 likes

Superuser Contribution Problem Local Files

Hi, everyone I'm having a problem with the music that I have in my local files.I have like 1000 songs in my local sources (sources that I specified in Spotify app) but my local files view only shows like 700.I checked that my files were mp3 (the most...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi, everyone 🙂 I'm having a problem with the music that I have in my local files. I have like 1000 songs in my local sources (sources that I specified in Spotify app)  but my local fil...
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

2 issues

First issue is that nobody can find my account on spotify or any of my playlists. Second issue is that when I close out of Spotify the border remains. sometimes when I click on things in the app nothing happens i have to click on them multiple times....

• First issue is that nobody can find my account on spotify or any of my playlists.  Second issue is that when I close out of Spotify the border remains. sometimes when I click on things in the a...
  • Sebasty
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't log in on premium, please help!

So my origonal problem was posted here: https://community.spotify.com/t5/Desktop-Linux-Windows-Web-Player/Desktop-player-says-offline-won-t-play-but-I-m-connected/m-p/1643763#M184933 I found another thread saying they changed something in fb and then...

• Casual Listener
  • So my origonal problem was posted here: https://community.spotify.com/t5/Desktop-Linux-Windows-Web-Player/Desktop-player-says-offline-won-t-play-but-I-m-connected/m-p/1643763#M184933   I ...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

deleting & hiding local files

how do you delete local files from a source you opened and can you hide songs from local files while showing others from another source

• Casual Listener
  • how do you delete local files from a source you opened and can you hide songs from local files while showing others from another source
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Re: Inbox and messages

Haha, thats funny, decided to take a look in here once again and found your message right on the bottom. turns out that the comment was made by ME. I just tried to access it via my profile and got a "The message you are trying to access is not availa...

• Music Fan
  • Haha, thats funny, decided to take a look in here once again and found your message right on the bottom. turns out that the comment was made by ME.   I just tried to access it via my profile a...
  • 0 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 3 likes

As far as I know Deezer is the only one that has anything social. I had just left Deezer because they really hadn't done any other development on social in the 1+ year I was there and swithed to a family subscription on Spotify for about a week when ...

• Music Fan
  • As far as I know Deezer is the only one that has anything social. I had just left Deezer because they really hadn't done any other development on social in the 1+ year I was there and swithed to&nbsp...
  • 0 replies
  • 5 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 5 likes

I made a screenshot of the deleted message:

• Music Fan
  • I made a screenshot of the deleted message:
  • 0 replies
  • 16 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 16 likes

@ luceiia So I didn't imagine they'd deleted that comment!Spotify - as removing social features is such a leap forward for your product, why do you fear competitors that still have such a laughably old-fashioned function?

• Roadie
  • @ luceiia So I didn't imagine they'd deleted that comment! Spotify - as removing social features is such a leap forward for your product, why do you fear competitors that still have such a laughably...
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes

So what alternate service offers similar social funtionality? After being ignored here and on Twitter, I'm ready to jump ship myself.

• Roadie
  • So what alternate service offers similar social funtionality? After being ignored here and on Twitter, I'm ready to jump ship myself. 
  • 0 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 4 likes

So in case anyone was wondering, Spotify is reading these hundreds and hundreds of comments and choosing not to reply. Someone else just posted a comment about looking for an alternate solution and finding a competitor that offers social interaction....

• Music Fan
  • So in case anyone was wondering, Spotify is reading these hundreds and hundreds of comments and choosing not to reply.     Someone else just posted a comment about looking for an alternat...
  • 6 replies
  • 11 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 11 likes

Superuser Contribution sound quality

do you apreciate any change of sound quality enabling and disabling the switch of streaming in high quality in preferences?

• do you apreciate any change of sound quality enabling and disabling the switch of streaming in high quality in preferences?
  • Maria_B
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Randomly switching to phone while on desktop

Since the latest upgrade apparently, my desktop app will randomly switch to my mobile phone. So, while i'm listening on the desktop, the app stops playing on my desktop and starts playing on my phone. This happens even when the phone app is turned of...

• Regular
  • Since the latest upgrade apparently, my desktop app will randomly switch to my mobile phone. So, while i'm listening on the desktop, the app stops playing on my desktop and starts playing on my phone...
  • hansp21
  • Music Fan
  • 10 replies
  • 2 likes
  • Windows
  • 10 replies
  • 2 likes

Superuser Contribution Desktop player says offline, won't play. (but I'm connected)

Hello... I use premium... the player on my desktop is saying it's offline and will not play. But I'm connected and the internet is working fine. I'm listening now on the web player. Any help/reasons would be great! Already restarted and reinstalled.....

• Casual Listener
  • Hello...   I use premium... the player on my desktop is saying it's offline and will not play. But I'm connected and the internet is working fine. I'm listening now on the web player. 😞 &nbs...
  • Maria_B
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Local Files disappearing?

Everytime I restart my PC/Boot it up, all my local files are missing from the 'Local Files' tab and removed from my playlist, is there a fix for it yet?

• Everytime I restart my PC/Boot it up, all my local files are missing from the 'Local Files' tab and removed from my playlist, is there a fix for it yet?
  • schuasda
  • 2 replies
  • 6 likes
  • Windows
  • 2 replies
  • 6 likes

Windows 7 - spotifu is uninstaling themself after few minutes...

Hi guys.First of all i wanna say that i'm spotify premium user for couple of years and i love it!But unfortunetly after this sweet time bad time comes.My spotify - desktop version is disapearing...no errors, no messages, spotify just stop playing and...

• Regular
  • Hi guys. First of all i wanna say that i'm spotify premium user for couple of years and i love it! But unfortunetly after this sweet time bad time comes. My spotify - desktop version is disapearin...
  • KondzioR
  • Regular
  • 6 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Windows
  • 6 replies
  • 1 likes

Desktop app under corporate firewall with CNTLM

Hello. I'm successfully using CNTLM as a proxy to install python packages. and other stuff, etc. But, for some reason, Spotify desktop app is not being able to use it and connect. I've tried many variations: HTTP, SOCKS4, ..., adding or not adding my...

• Regular
  • Hello.  I'm successfully using CNTLM as a proxy to install python packages. and other stuff, etc.   But, for some reason, Spotify desktop app is not being able to use it and connect...
  • seanjseymour
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Playback switches to phone by itself

I would be listening to Spotify through the desktop app on my computer, and all of a sudden, the music would stop playing from my computer speakers and continue playing from my phone (Samsung Galaxy S6) instead. The switch occurs automatically, witho...

• I would be listening to Spotify through the desktop app on my computer, and all of a sudden, the music would stop playing from my computer speakers and continue playing from my phone (Samsung Galaxy ...
  • mdiamond93
  • 2 replies
  • 6 likes
  • Windows
  • 2 replies
  • 6 likes

Spotify window stuck under taskbar

An image = 1000 words, so here: This issue is not new, here is another post about it: https://community.spotify.com/t5/Desktop-Linux-Windows-Web-Player/Spotify-stuck-behind-taskbar/td-p/1400429 The issue happens you open Spotify for the first time. T...

window under taskbar 1.jpg
  • Regular
  • An image = 1000 words, so here:  This issue is not new, here is another post about it: https://community.spotify.com/t5/Desktop-Linux-Windows-Web-Player/Spotify-stuck-behind-taskbar/td-p/...
  • Jon_UK
  • Roadie
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Several minutes to load content when opening the program.

Since last couple of weeks or so when i start spotify it stays showing the loading icon for about 5 minutes before showing the content.I have tried disabeling the local files paths but problem persist. I don't remember if this started with an actuali...

• Casual Listener
  • Since last couple of weeks or so when i start spotify it stays showing the loading icon for about 5 minutes before showing the content. I have tried disabeling the local files paths but problem...
  • octopus77
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Playlist Folders not syncing between devices

Spoiler (Highlight to read)This is the folder directory on my pcThis is the folder directory on my pc Spoiler (Highlight to read)(pt2)(pt2)Spoiler (Highlight to read)This is the folder directory on my phone (pt1)This is the folder directory on my pho...

Capture.JPG sp2.JPG sp.JPG
  • Casual Listener
  • This is the folder directory on my pc     (pt2) This is the folder directory on my phone (pt1) As you can see, the first screenshot shows a few normal playlist outside of...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes