Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Windows 8: Spotify Installer Runs Forever

Windows 8: Spotify Installer Runs Forever

I've been trying to download Spotify on my new Windows 8 laptop , and for some reason the installer just won't work. I can download and run it fine, but it just pulls up a window that tells me it's Downloading Spotify and then runs for hours without any change. When I give up and try to cancel it, it further just says "aborting" without actually doing anything until I manually kill it from Task Manager. I thought perhaps I just got a corrupted download, but redownloading the installer also does nothing. Does anyone know how to fix this?

9 Replies

Hi - I'm having exactly the same issue but on Windows7 - I've just paid for Premium but i cant install Spotify - it just runs and runs - I deleted all my old versions of Spotify in the hope of a clean download. I'm beginning to wish I hadn't bothered upgrading. Can someone tell us how to fix it please? I have tried three separate downloads but all with the same result - I have aborted each time after nearly 2 hours of 'installing Spotify'

Im havingh

the exact same issue and it is driving me nuts. I can't download spotify or get rid of it. It's making my computer run slowly. please help. spencer.deuce@gmail.com

I just got the same problem today on my Windows 10 laptop. Spotify tried updating when I opened it, and I can access the previous version of spotify just fine, but the installation wouldn't end. I tried closing the tab and now it's sitting on abort forever. Don't know what in the world is going on.

Simply just open ' Task Manager ', find ' Spotify Installer ' click it so that it is highlighted and click ' End Task '. I had this problem and it forced me to delete spotify. Hopefully this will not happen again if so; do the above and contact Spotify

same. its annoying and im scared that my laptop is ruined

Thank you very much!

THANK YOU SO MUCH AHH

This worked perfectly. But it is now 2018 and they still haven't fixed this? Disgraceful! Now I'm sorry I ever upgraded....

My god thank you so much I finally decided to look it up hoping it would just go away at some poit thank you so much

Suggested posts