Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify desktop fullscreen bug

Solved!

Spotify desktop fullscreen bug

I'm running a dual monitor setup and noticed that when I move the Spotify app to my main screen and fullscreen it, it cuts off at my friends list and just displays my desktop on the far right of my screen. This also means that it cuts off the volume control, devices and queue buttons from the far right bottom of the window.

Also noticed if I "halfscreen" (pulling the window to either left or right side of the screen) the app, it leaves out a small gap both on the top and middle-side of the window.

spotify bug1.png
spotifybug2.png

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

1) Close Spotify

2) Go to your spotify AppData folder -- generally here:

C:\\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\Spotify\

and delete the "prefs" file.

3) Restart Spotify. Most likely will have to login again. Should work properly now.

View solution in original post

7 Replies
Marked as solution

1) Close Spotify

2) Go to your spotify AppData folder -- generally here:

C:\\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\Spotify\

and delete the "prefs" file.

3) Restart Spotify. Most likely will have to login again. Should work properly now.

This didn't work for me. I have the same issue since v 1.0.65.320.gac7a8e02. I have a tripple monitor setup with two portrait screens resolution 1050x1680 and when snapped into one of the portrait monitors 1/3 of the window is lost at the bottom including controls etc.

For info this appears now to be working possilby due to reboot. Thanks

Thanks, seems to work!

Spoiler
Thx man that worked i had to log in again after that, but then the bug was away. One tip from me: Find the file with windows+r -> appdata and then what he said $teve

Worked for me, but different filepath. I found and deleted two prefs files, and had to log in again:

<Drive>:\Users\<User>\AppData\Local\Packages\SpotifyAB.SpotifyMusic\LocalState\Spotify\

<Drive>:\Users\<User>\AppData\Local\Packages\SpotifyAB.SpotifyMusic\LocalState\Spotify\Users\<user>

Yup, worked liked a charm. Windows+R, search worked like a charm to get there, too.

Suggested posts