Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can't change playlist cover, rename my playlists, edit my playlists, or see my friends tab.

Can't change playlist cover, rename my playlists, edit my playlists, or see my friends tab.

Plan

Premium

Country

United States

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

I can't change my playlist cover, rename the playlists, edit them, or see my friends tab. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app multiple times, and even trying to install older versions of the Spotify app. None of those methods have worked, and I have tried everything I can and everything that others have suggested in other threads with similar issues. Please help; I have no idea how to get the features of editing my playlists like I used to be able to.

Screenshot (1205).png
Screenshot (1206).png
7 Replies

Hey! 

It sounds like you are currently part of a test that Spotify is currently running with it's desktop experience. Spotify is always running tests and looking to improve the user experience in as many ways as possible, you can learn more about testing at Spotify here. Therefore right now you may have missing or new features.

Right now, it's not possible to opt-out of these tests however if your not happy with the new experience I'd recommend adding a +VOTE here to show your interest to Spotify to returning back to what you had previously.

Premium user having the same issue on the desktop player and it's persisted for months. I've tried the same fixes to no avail. Very frustrating that I'm forced into all my new playlists being called "My Playlist #__." I haven't been able to rename on web player or mobile either. Please post a fix!

Hey there @muncher1o

Thanks for reaching out to the Community, and welcome! 

We're sorry to hear that you've been experiencing this issue. Would you mind letting us know exactly which troubleshooting steps you've tried? This will help us give you better suggestions. 

If possible, could you ask a friend or a family member to log in to their personal account using your device to see if they can replicate this behavior?

Keep us posted.

NovyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Everything listed above, multiple times. Still doesn't work. Has any progress been made about this issue?

Hi @muncher1o,

Thanks for getting back to us. 

Just to confirm, have you tried asking a friend or a relative to log in to their account in your PC? This would help us if this is account-related.

You mentioned that you've already reinstalled the app, but would you mind going through the steps of a clean reinstall on your devices, as it's more thorough than a normal one?

Keep us posted on how it goes.

EniModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

They are able to log in and their account seems to function fine. I've also tried the clean reinstall. This appears to be account related as the problem persists through multiple PCs of mine, my phone and tablet. Are there any other proposed solutions?

Hi there @muncher1o,

Thanks for letting us know. 

Based on what you mentioned, the issue seems to be account-related indeed. In this case, you can create a new account here and check if it works as expected with the new account. 

If so, you can transfer your content to the new account by following the steps in this article to keep your favorite music and playlists always with you. If you have an active subscription currently, make sure to cancel it first and then you can re-subscribe on the new account.

If you have any questions or need a hand with anything else, just let us know.

EniModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Suggested posts