Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can't click and drag on trackpad: alternative to re-ordering playlists?

Can't click and drag on trackpad: alternative to re-ordering playlists?

Hi all, 
The keyboard that comes with my Surface Pro isn't working as it properly should and as a result I can't click and drag on the track-pad, meaning I can't re-order playlists the usual way on desktop. The laptop is also a touch screen, but clicking and dragging this way doesn't re-order the playlist. Is there an alternative way to order my playlists on desktop that doesn't require a working click-and-drag function? Or should I just look into getting a mouse?

Thanks in advance!
Plan

Free

Country

Australia

Device

Microsoft surface Pro

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

2 Replies

Hello @thedogsknowme  and welcome to the community0

Sorry to hear about this problem.

Personally I don't know how works the Surface Pro and its keyboard, so I'm sorry to not be able to give infos on that. However, I really think that a mouse (maybe a bluetooth one) could be the solution. It's the easiest way to move songs up or down in a playlist on a desktop Spotify version.

Good luck 🙂

twitter.com/soundofus

www.soundofus.com

SoundofusSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hello there! 

There is actually one tricky way you can try, it's simulating the mouse with your keyboard. 

First press “Left-Alt, "Left-Shift" and "NumLock” simultaneously. Select “Yes” in the dialog box that appears to activate MouseKeys. (or navigate to Control Panel \ All Control Panel Items \ Ease of Access Center \ Make the mouse easier to use > Turn on Mouse Keys.)

Hover the playlist you want to drag and press "Ins" (0) on the numeric keypad to simulate left click hold, then (again with the numeric keypad) hold 8  to move the mouse UP or 2 for DOWN. After you dragged the playlist to your desired location, press "Del" (.) to release. 

If it doesn't work from the first time, try with moving a song in a playlist, and then try again with dragging a playlist. I just tested it, so I can say it works.

Hope this will work for you as a temporary solution before you get a mouse : )

If you need further assistance, you can reply back.

MartinStoichkovSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts