Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can't play anything on Spotify

Can't play anything on Spotify

Having issues playing anything on Spotify for several weeks now. Tryed logging out, reopen it and switched from my phone to my pc but nothing works. I can't even delete it bc it doesn't show on the control panel. not even in the microsoft store. Same after the new update.
3 Replies

Hey @Tostymetham,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and welcome. 

This kind of issue is usually related to some damaged cache stored from previous updates. First, we'd recommend performing a clean reinstall of the app. This is often an overlooked step, but it’s more thorough than a regular one and can be helpful in getting rid of any cache that might be causing trouble. 

If the issue persists, would you mind trying with a different WiFi network? In case you don't have one available, you can use a mobile data hotspot to test it.

Lastly, to investigate this further, include in your next response the make, model and OS version of your device, along with the Spotify version you're currently running. 

We'll be on the lookout. 

OscarDCModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Well actually I tryed a clean reinstall twice with a restart but that didn't help. What did help was reinstall the app from the website instead of Microsoft store. Maybe an issue in a unbalance in versions? I know I first downloaded it from the website but updated on Micrsoft store. I don't know but thought you should know. Thanks anyway.

B.t.w. i'm playing from a win 10 desktop with wired internet.

Hey @Tostymetham,

Thank you for keeping in contact.

We appreciate the time you took testing the options and following the troubleshooting process. We're glad to know that everything is working fine by now, and thank you also for sharing the process that works for you. We'll pass this info to the relevant team.

In case you have any additional questions, remember that we're just a post away.

OscarDCModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts