Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can't play current song

Can't play current song

Hello,

So somehow Spotify doesn't play some song in some of my playlists.

It doesn't skip them either, just keeps stuck at the current song without forwarding onto the next one in the queue. It tells me: ''Can't play the current song.'' Sadly I don't know what to fix it, reinstall didn't help either. All the songs it tells that are 'not playable' are just available by playing them by double clicking them.

7 Replies

Hey @maartenva97

Please let me know the version of Spotify and the version of Windows you're using. 🙂

SebastySpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

I'm using Windows 7 and the Spotify version is 1.0.80.474.gef6b503e

This is happening to me too, definitely a bug with Spotify

@maartenva97

Thank you 🙂

I recommend reinstalling  your Spotify client. Try this:

1. Close Spotify and uninstall it.
2. Go to %AppData% in Windows Explorer, and delete any Spotify folders you find in Local and Roaming folders.
3. Restart your computer.
4. Install Spotify.

@kobejimI recommend reinstalling your Spotify client as well. If that didn't help, let me know your Windows and Spotify versions.

Let me know how it goes 🙂

SebastySpotify Star

Nope, I still got the same issue. With Windows 10 however this problem doesn't occur to me.

Edit: I'm using Windows 7 Professional and my Spotify version is 1.0.80.474.gef6b503e

I still need a solution, please help. Also my Spotify version changed to 1.0.83.318.g6c07039d and the problem will still ocur.

Hey @maartenva97

I'd recommend turning off hardware acceleration.

This setting is under the Menu dots - View - Hardware acceleration. Spotify will restart itself.

Another user had got the problem go away by closing desktop Spotify, opening Spotify on another device (mobile or web player), playing a bit of song, and then opening the desktop player and  selecting "This computer" in the Available Devices menu (between Volume and Queue).

Disabling or enabling crossfade might work too. You don't have to make it actually crossfade (keep it at 0 seconds). The crossfade option is under Preferences (Menu dots - Edit - Preferences, scroll down to Advanced Settings - Playback.

Problems with audio drivers (also Bluetooth, if you use that) might cause that issue. It might be worth a shot reinstalling the audio driver - check out this Microsoft article!
Also, try out other methods described in that article, such as disabling audio enhancements.

Let me know how it goes. 🙂

SebastySpotify Star

Suggested posts