Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can't uninstall Spotify. Windows 10

Can't uninstall Spotify. Windows 10

I am having some trouble with uninstalling Spotify from my pc.

I just spent a month trying to fix a security update problem for my pc. I ended up having to reinstall Windows 10 completely, so I have to reinstall all my applications again :P.

I downloaded Spotify, but I need to delete it and reinstall it again. Something happend to the folder that spotify was downladed to. The only problem though, Is that I can't seem to find Spotify in the controll pannel with all the other programs at "Uninstall a program". When I try to download Spotify again with the setup instaler, I get a message that says that a windows store installation was found on my computer, and that I need to delete that version first. The only problem though, is that I can't uninstall it.

I have searched for a solution, and I have tried to manualy delete all the spotify files, but there are some that just doesn't want to get deleted.

Do annyone know how to fix this? needles to say, I am getting kinda annoyed of this :P.

Thanks in advance!

Skjermbilde.PNG
4 Replies

Revo uninstaller will help

I can't seem to find Spotify on Revo either :/. Before I made the post, I deleted the spotify folder and emptied the recycling bin, but when I search for spotify in the File browser, all the folders show up when they are suposed to be deleted. When I go to see if they acctualy are there, I can't find them.

Maybe one of these solutions will help if the app doesn't even show in Revo: https://community.spotify.com/t5/Desktop-Windows/How-to-permanently-uninstall-Spotify-on-Windows-10/...

I found a solution. I contacted support, and after a little time, we found a way to uninstall it. 

Thank you for replying though dude! I appreciate it. I never knew about Revo, seems like a usefull program :).

If annyone else has this issue, this is how I uninstalled it:

Settings > System > Search for Apps and features > find and uninstall Spotify.

Suggested posts