Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Desktop (Windows)

Discuss Spotify for Windows

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Desktop: Jam now available

Spotify is bringing Jam to the desktop app! 拾 ️ Now you can start or join a listening party with your friends, family, colleagues, and classmates, with the Spotify desktop app in addition to the mobile app. Although you can listen on your own, Jam in...

Start Jam Menu - Desktop App.png Queue Right Sidebar.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • crawford13x
  • Regular
  • 60 replies
  • 21 likes
  • 60 replies
  • 21 likes

Desktop: New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. Together, the individually customizable design of these new views provides a richer experience, m...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • rossisdead
  • Roadie
  • 240 replies
  • 20 likes
  • 240 replies
  • 20 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes

[Troubleshooting] Windows

Having trouble with the Spotify desktop app? Here’s a step-by-step guide to help get things working again. What to try first Perform a soft reset (generally rebooting the device will suffice). If that doesn’t help, try a clean reinstall. Be sure to l...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes

Spotify isn't showing recent activity of the people I follow

All of my followers and people I am following show up on my account but their recent activity isnt showing up at all. I miss seeing what my friends are listening to! I checked my settings, I logged out and then in again, I even closed the app, but it...

• Music Fan
  • All of my followers and people I am following show up on my account but their recent activity isnt showing up at all. I miss seeing what my friends are listening to! I checked my settings, I logged o...
  • RBM6752
  • Casual Listener
  • 17 replies
  • 5 likes
  • 17 replies
  • 5 likes

Solved!! Give us YOUR feedback - Spotify

I have been starting to visit this forum since the awful release of 0.8.8 when things started spiraling downwards for this service. There's a lot of threads with people unsatisfied with the changes and updates(?) you have done recently. They just add...

• Music Fan
  • I have been starting to visit this forum since the awful release of 0.8.8 when things started spiraling downwards for this service. There's a lot of threads with people unsatisfied with the changes a...
  • eadzima
  • 38 replies
  • 22 likes
  • Windows
  • 38 replies
  • 22 likes

My filter keeps messing up my queue

So i was on my computer useing spotify and every time i pull it up it automatically is at a spacific song on my list and has a set queue there and when ever i use the filter to go to a spacific song and continue rom tha point in the list it auto rese...

• So i was on my computer useing spotify and every time i pull it up it automatically is at a spacific song on my list and has a set queue there and when ever i use the filter to go to a spacific song ...
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes

Odd recommendations...

My [Discover > Top Recommendations for You] list today is bizarre in that it seems to have mistaken me for a Colombian gaucho. I'm flattered but musically it's a big miss with nothing relevant to anything I've ever listend to. Very curious...

• Casual Listener
  • My [Discover  > Top Recommendations for You] list today is bizarre in that it seems to have mistaken me for a Colombian gaucho. I'm flattered but musically it's a big miss with nothing releva...
  • Narankiwi
  • Composer
  • 5 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 3 likes

Daily mix and last song played bugs.

Hello, I am encountering weird bugs since few months.Firstly, when i turn on my PC and Spotify, the current song is not what i have listened to last. For example, I have not listened to any of my daily mixes for 4 days, (but was listening to my libra...

• Hello,  I am encountering weird bugs since few months. Firstly, when i turn on my PC and Spotify, the current song is not what i have listened to last. For example, I have not listened to any ...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Bad sound/compression artifacts, Spotify only?

When I listen to 'Susanne Sundfør - The Brothel', there seems to be some compression artifacts when theres high notes, especially at 4.00 - 6.16 (end). These compression artifacts isnt there on CD's or youtube versions of this track. It's only on the...

• Casual Listener
  • When I listen to 'Susanne Sundfør - The Brothel', there seems to be some compression artifacts when theres high notes, especially at 4.00 - 6.16 (end).   These compression artifacts isnt there...
  • krededk99
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify flickering with Nvidia G-Sync enabled

Recently (maybe in the past two weeks or so), Spotify has begun to flicker/strobe erratically with my G-Sync monitor. The effect is very disorienting and the result is that I've developed a displeasure to go and change songs and try to open Spotify a...

• Casual Listener
  • Recently (maybe in the past two weeks or so), Spotify has begun to flicker/strobe erratically with my G-Sync monitor.  The effect is very disorienting and the result is that I've developed a dis...
  • fourtwo
  • Casual Listener
  • 7 replies
  • 41 likes
  • 7 replies
  • 41 likes

Playlist Bild vom Mix der Woche (English/Deutsch)

Hey leute, mein Problem ist folgendes.Ist es moeglich das Playlist Bild vom Mix der Woche zu aendern bzw wird dieses irgendwann aktualisiert. Mein jetziges Playlist Bild war mein altes Facebook Profilbild und dieses will ich aus diversen Gruenden nic...

• Visitor
  • Hey leute, mein Problem ist folgendes. Ist es moeglich das Playlist Bild vom Mix der Woche zu aendern bzw wird dieses irgendwann aktualisiert. Mein jetziges Playlist Bild war mein altes Facebook Pro...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 4 replies
  • 7 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 7 likes

Friend activity has disappeared

Hi, could anybody please help me? The list of what are my friends listening to has become empty, I still can see the list but without seeing the activity of my friends. Thanks in advance, Dada

• Casual Listener
  • Hi,  could anybody please help me? The list of what are my friends listening to has become empty, I still can see the list but without seeing the activity of my friends.    Thanks i...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Spotity taskbar icon

Hi, Spotify icon on the taskbar changed to generic 'my computer' icon. the icon changes back to default once I pin the application. Also, it only happens in the Microsoft store version. this started about 2-3 month ago.spotify version:1.0.75.485.g1f7...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi, Spotify icon on the taskbar changed to generic 'my computer' icon. the icon changes back to default once I pin the application. Also, it only happens in the Microsoft store version. this started ...
  • Evgeny91
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Desktop
    Icon
    taskbar
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify won't connect altough the rest of my internet based programmes are functioning perfectly

I just discovered that I cannot connect with spotify, even tough there is no problem with my internet connection. Im kind of in a hurry to cononect because I have some download credits that expire tomorrow.. Anyone experiencing the same problems? Any...

• I just discovered that I cannot connect with spotify, even tough there is no problem with my internet connection. Im kind of in a hurry to cononect because I have some download credits that expire ...
  • Jachu_m
  • 42 replies
  • 10 likes
  • 42 replies
  • 10 likes

Social Activity is gone

Now I can just see what a few of my friends are listening, not all of them! Why???

• Now I can just see what a few of my friends are listening, not all of them! Why???
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Friend Acivity is Gone

My friend activity is replaced by "Find Friends" banner and whenever I try to turn on "Publish my activity on Spotify" option, it turns off automatically next time I look. Any solutions? Tried unfollowing and following everyone but when I follow them...

• Casual Listener
  • My friend activity is replaced by "Find Friends" banner and whenever I try to turn on "Publish my activity on Spotify" option, it turns off automatically next time I look. Any solutions?   Tri...
  • Adolphin
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 2 likes

BUG: Can't Queue Music from Album View

All of the play buttons on the Album View do nothing. (on each song and the master (green) PLAY button) I've successfully gotten music to begin playing from the Search view and the Artist view. I'm on W10 using the Store app. I've tried closing and r...

• All of the play buttons on the Album View do nothing. (on each song and the master (green) PLAY button) I've successfully gotten music to begin playing from the Search view and the Artist view. I'm o...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • bug
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Sporatically changes songs, pauses, sets itself to shuffle, changes to songs to genres i never liste

been having this issue after i started sharing my spotify with my family.Now it changes song to generas i never listen to, pauses plays sets to shuffle changes albums, and all on its own.i havent reached the end of an album when it does this, so its ...

• Casual Listener
  • been having this issue after i started sharing my spotify with my family. Now it changes song to generas i never listen to, pauses plays sets to shuffle changes albums, and all on its own. i ha...
  • Alfredo
  • Roadie
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify desktop randomly starts playing when paused for a while

Hi ive got a very anoying problem I leave my computer on a lot and when going to sleep or out I will pause spotify, but after a while it will randamly start playing this can be when im out or in the mdiidle of the night. if i cant fix this problem im...

• Regular
  • Hi ive got a very anoying problem I leave my computer on a lot and when going to sleep or out I will pause  spotify, but after a while it will randamly start playing this can be when im out or i...
  • princessjacs
  • 19 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Windows
  • 19 replies
  • 1 likes

Daily mix gone?

So about three hours ago I started listening to one of my daily mixes, completely connected to the internet. Now, without any interruption of activity, my Daily mixes are not showing up on my desktop app and when I manage to navigate to previously pl...

• Casual Listener
  • So about three hours ago I started listening to one of my daily mixes, completely connected to the internet. Now, without any interruption of activity, my Daily mixes are not showing up on my desktop...
  • Azimere
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes

Friend Activity not showing on windows

So basically was in the car with a friend and he was playing some songs on his phone (I follow him). I couldnt remeber the songs name but didnt bother to ask i thought it would just pop up in my friends activity. Instead it just says 'Find Friends' a...

• So basically was in the car with a friend and he was playing some songs on his phone (I follow him). I couldnt remeber the songs name but didnt bother to ask i thought it would just pop up in my frie...
  • themercury611
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 4 likes

Spotify não continua à tocar músicas da última seção

Meu aplicativo do Spotify nunca salva a última música ouvida e nem em que parte da música parou para tocá-la assim que o aplicativo inicia. Todos os dias ouço dezenas de música, então, desligo o computador, quando volto à ligá-lo, o aplicativo do Spo...

• Meu aplicativo do Spotify nunca salva a última música ouvida e nem em que parte da música parou para tocá-la assim que o aplicativo inicia. Todos os dias ouço dezenas de música, então, desligo o comp...
  • 0 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 4 likes

Radio and Daily Mix not loading

All of a sudden, my daily mix disappeared from my Spotify altogether...like it's not even there to click on or find or anything. What the heck! Has this happened to anyone else just now? Also, the radio doesn't seem to be loading either. It was all w...

• All of a sudden, my daily mix disappeared from my Spotify altogether...like it's not even there to click on or find or anything. What the heck! Has this happened to anyone else just now? Also, t...
  • Azimere
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 11 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 11 likes