Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Desktop (Windows)

Discuss Spotify for Windows

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Desktop: Jam now available

Spotify is bringing Jam to the desktop app! 拾 ️ Now you can start or join a listening party with your friends, family, colleagues, and classmates, with the Spotify desktop app in addition to the mobile app. Although you can listen on your own, Jam in...

Start Jam Menu - Desktop App.png Queue Right Sidebar.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • pastasås
  • Casual Listener
  • 66 replies
  • 23 likes
  • 66 replies
  • 23 likes

Desktop: New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. Together, the individually customizable design of these new views provides a richer experience, m...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • Edwardont
  • Casual Listener
  • 251 replies
  • 21 likes
  • 251 replies
  • 21 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes

[Troubleshooting] Windows

Having trouble with the Spotify desktop app? Here’s a step-by-step guide to help get things working again. What to try first Perform a soft reset (generally rebooting the device will suffice). If that doesn’t help, try a clean reinstall. Be sure to l...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes

Spotify Causes my Windows 10 64-bit System to Freeze

System just becomes unresponsive at random times while Spotify is open that I have to restart the laptop using the hardware button (can't even Ctrl-Alt-Del). Spotify also has a habit of deleting the songs I've saved in my hard drive at random ocassio...

• Casual Listener
  • System just becomes unresponsive at random times while Spotify is open that I have to restart the laptop using the hardware button (can't even Ctrl-Alt-Del). Spotify also has a habit of deleting...
  • taclobanon2017
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 5 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 5 likes

Can't see people I follow without connecting to facebook?

People I follow has disappeared is it because I'm not connected to Facebook?

• Regular
  • People I follow has disappeared is it because I'm not connected to Facebook?
  • Swanny
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes
  • unconnect facebook following followers
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes

downloading and recording a cd

can i record the music onto a cd?

•  can i record the music onto a cd?
  • Swanny
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Problems playing songs

Hi all, i am angry, comming from germany and here is no support in my language .. .I can´t play my playlists, all songs are only played some seconds .. Sometimes 5 , otheres 1 minute then the app is jumping to the next one. Problem with windows app, ...

• Hi all,  i am angry, comming from germany and here is no support in my language .. . I  can´t play my playlists, all songs are only played some seconds .. Sometimes 5 , otheres 1 minute t...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

PUP - The Dream is Over

What happened to this album's sound quality?It sounds terrible for some reason, not by aesthetic or anythingi listened to the same album multiple times months on end but the quality just suddenly dropped when i listened today. im on high streaming qu...

• Casual Listener
  • What happened to this album's sound quality? It sounds terrible for some reason, not by aesthetic or anything i listened to the same album multiple times months on end but the quality just suddenly...
  • EDG123
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

With the new Spotify update for Windows, I can no longer see what my friends are listening to.

Instead of Spotify showing what my friends are listening to on the sidebar, it instead says to connect to Facebook to see what my friends are listening to. Does this mean I can no longer see what my friends publicly choose to listen to unless I conne...

• ...y friends publicly choose to listen to unless I connect to Facebook? Just one or two days ago, the sidebar showed what all of my friends were listening to, but now it says that. This feature is a f...
  • arne_hrl
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes

Solved!! Spotify uses wrong name for Account

So for some reason Spotify decided to give me a random name called "21q52moamnwwktxw37cm3fbbi" for some reason.

• So for some reason Spotify decided to give me a random name called "21q52moamnwwktxw37cm3fbbi" for some reason.
  • Maxim
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Spotify keeps stopping - streaming issues - i'm off!!

well i hate to say this but after more than three years as a premium spotify user i may be leaving. due to constant issues with streaming quality things have come to a head and i am trying alternatives. currently got a 15 day trial to try with a riva...

• Casual Listener
  • well i hate to say this but after more than three years as a premium spotify user i may be leaving.  due to constant issues with streaming quality things have come to a head and i am trying alte...
  • artful_dodger59
  • Roadie
  • 90 replies
  • 20 likes
  • 90 replies
  • 20 likes

track numbering collum is gone , how can i bring it back ?

the track numbering collum ( the #) that shows the number of track is gone from the playlists i have, tho it exists on other playlists i dont follow/ not made by me.how can i bring it back ? thx for the help

• the track numbering collum ( the #) that shows the number of track is gone from the playlists i have, tho it exists on other playlists i dont follow/ not made by me. how can i bring it back ?  ...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Spotify keeps running after I turn off computer

This is a bit concerning... I just purchased a new computer running windows 10. I was listening to spotify and turned off the computer. I did not put it to sleep, I turned it off. To my surprise Spotify kept playing music. Absolutely stunned that pro...

• Casual Listener
  • This is a bit concerning...  I just purchased a new computer running windows 10.  I was listening to spotify and turned off the computer.  I did not put it to sleep, I turned it off.&n...
  • wazza18
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify bug(discord)

Hi,I've installed spotify on Windows and when I'm listenning music it shows absolutely other music in Discord App ,when I've turned on spotify it disappears from Discord and when I've turned off spotify app it shows other music,Can You help me?You Ca...

• Hi,I've installed spotify on Windows and when I'm listenning music it shows absolutely other music in Discord App ,when I've turned on spotify it disappears from Discord and      &nbsp...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • bug
    Discord
    Spotify
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

my name keeps being random

this is such a pain, i keep changing my account and the name just becomes random numbers and letters. ugh.

• Casual Listener
  • this is such a pain, i keep changing my account and the name just becomes random numbers and letters. ugh.
  • IguanaSetup
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Offline

Why i cant use offline feature on my PC?

• Visitor
  • Why i cant use offline feature on my PC?
  • IguanaSetup
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

App won't go to the back with Alt+Tab

Windows 10.0.16299 When spotify is open (in either fullscreen or windowed view) and in focus, alt+tab-ing does not put the window to the back. The focus changes to the other app, Firefox in this case, but the spotify app stays at the front. You have ...

• Windows 10.0.16299   When spotify is open (in either fullscreen or windowed view) and in focus, alt+tab-ing does not put the window to the back. The focus changes to the other app, Firefox in ...
  • 0 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 3 likes

Unable to prevent Spotify launch at startup no matter what

Hello,I've disabled everything related to start up with spotify but can't seem to disable it from starting at windows launch.Spotify doesn't show at the startup tab of the task manager, it's own settings and not even autoruns.

• Hello, I've disabled everything related to start up with spotify but can't seem to disable it from starting at windows launch. Spotify doesn't show at the startup tab of the task manager, it's own ...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Spotify App Audio Progresses, Visually Does Not

Conditions:Windows 10 1803Spotify app for Windows 10 version 1.78.999.0Casting to Google Home Mini Problem:The playlist I am listening to will progress through each song as functionally intended, however visually the app with get stuck on the song th...

• Conditions: Windows 10 1803 Spotify app for Windows 10 version 1.78.999.0 Casting to Google Home Mini   Problem: The playlist I am listening to will progress through each song as functiona...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Desktop App Terrible; Won't Continue Paying For Premium

The Premium Spotify Desktop App on my Win10 pc fails constantly. The radio feature is incredibly buggy and organizing my playlists is very time consuming. I wanted to try this out for a month, but I regret paying the $9.99 and I will definitely be ca...

• The Premium Spotify Desktop App on my Win10 pc fails constantly. The radio feature is incredibly buggy and organizing my playlists is very time consuming. I wanted to try this out for a month, but I ...
  • 0 replies
  • 15 likes
  • Desktop
    Not worth the money
    Premium
  • 0 replies
  • 15 likes

HELP!

I can not move songs in one of my self-created playlists anymore. It works in all other playlists I've created. Help!

• I can not move songs in one of my self-created playlists anymore. It works in all other playlists I've created. Help!
  • Sebasty
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Filtering Podcasts/Audiobooks by language

Hello!Because I live in germany, searching Spotify for Podcasts/Audiobooks always returns the german genre pages and other predominantly german results. (Searching for smt like 'english podcast' obviously leads to stuff like 'english language lessons...

• Hello! Because I live in germany, searching Spotify for Podcasts/Audiobooks always returns the german genre pages and other predominantly german results. (Searching for smt like 'english podcas...
  • 0 replies
  • 9 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 9 likes

Friends vs. followers in a Facebook linked account

So, I was wondering: if I've made my Spotify account with my Facebook account, will all my Facebook friends who have Spotify be able to see my activity? Or do they have to follow me? So, say one of my Facebook friends has Spotify but hasn't specifica...

• So, I was wondering: if I've made my Spotify account with my Facebook account, will all my Facebook friends who have Spotify be able to see my activity? Or do they have to follow me? So, say one of m...
  • GREENANDHAZEL
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes