Premium

Country

United States

Device

ASUS laptop

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

Tried to open Spotify from the pinned icon on the startbar and got the error "Windows cannot access the specified device, path, or file. You may not have the appropriate permissions to access the item."

I opened my control panel to try to uninstall the program to reinstall it, and the program isn't listed.

I downloaded it again from the Windows App store, and got the same error. I downloaded it from the Spotify website, but when I try to install it, I get the error that I already have it installed. I found an .exe file in my local appdata folder, but it claims again that I can't access it.

I don't believe I've installed any updates that would interfere with my access privileges, let alone erase an entire program/application.

2 Replies

Hey @myike, welcome to the Community.

I am sorry to hear that you are having issues unistalling Spotify.

Please check this thread as it has been solved before. It will help you completely and correctly remove Spotify, which later then you won't have issues installing back!

If you need help again, just give me a shout 😉

Have a nice day 🙂

We seem to get far too many glitches based on just too many updates? When we get a build (and there have been a couple) that function fine with the features we want, why oh why isn't there a manual update option? So it wont auto on us and destroy the working build?

Suggested posts