Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Desktop (Windows)

Discuss Spotify for Windows

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Desktop: Jam now available

Spotify is bringing Jam to the desktop app! 拾 ️ Now you can start or join a listening party with your friends, family, colleagues, and classmates, with the Spotify desktop app in addition to the mobile app. Although you can listen on your own, Jam in...

Start Jam Menu - Desktop App.png Queue Right Sidebar.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • pastasås
  • Casual Listener
  • 66 replies
  • 23 likes
  • 66 replies
  • 23 likes

Desktop: New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. Together, the individually customizable design of these new views provides a richer experience, m...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • Edwardont
  • Casual Listener
  • 251 replies
  • 21 likes
  • 251 replies
  • 21 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes

[Troubleshooting] Windows

Having trouble with the Spotify desktop app? Here’s a step-by-step guide to help get things working again. What to try first Perform a soft reset (generally rebooting the device will suffice). If that doesn’t help, try a clean reinstall. Be sure to l...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes

What does it mean to 'follow' an artist?

What exactly does it mean to 'follow' an artist? I understand that if I go to My Music > Artists they will show up in a list there. But how is that any different than just creating a playlist for that artist? Will I get updates somewhere for artists ...

• Music Fan
  • What exactly does it mean to 'follow' an artist?  I understand that if I go to My Music > Artists they will show up in a list there.  But how is that any different than just creating a p...
  • flobemaor
  • 26 replies
  • 3 likes
  • Windows
  • 26 replies
  • 3 likes

MP3 creates a conflic with Spotify audio files

So, I've ran into this problem where I've realized that if you save a song from a physical album with Windows Media Player that saves your song as (for example) "02 Magic" (it being "Magic" by Coldplay) it will not allow you play the song on Spotify ...

• So, I've ran into this problem where I've realized that if you save a song from a physical album with Windows Media Player that saves your song as (for example) "02 Magic" (it being "Magic" by Coldpl...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Find Your Friends

Hello! I want to report my problem, I can't even login to Facebook via button "Find Your Friends". Spotify will open the window, but problem is somewhere else, I can't even reach the window, via function Win + Tab or Alt + Tab, I can see the window i...

• Hello! I want to report my problem, I can't even login to Facebook via button "Find Your Friends". Spotify will open the window, but problem is somewhere else, I can't even reach the window, via func...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Find friends
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Playlist sorting by Followers options

When browsing through other users playlist I would like to sort them by followers. It seems abit lazy that you state amount of followers a playlist has if you cant't answer the next obvious question, what playlist has the most follower?It is pretty b...

• When browsing through other users playlist I would like to sort them by followers. It seems abit lazy that you state amount of followers a playlist has if you cant't answer the next obvious...
  • 0 replies
  • 4 likes
  • Sorting Options
    Sorting Playlists
  • 0 replies
  • 4 likes

Cache file location unable to change on Win10 Pro

Unable to change the cache file on Spotify Ver1.0.77.338.g on Windows 10 Pro (64bit)ver.1709. All cache files goes to C:\Users\******\AppData\Local\Spotify\Data.Cache files tooks 10G of spaces on computer, while I'm using Spotify App on iPhone most o...

• Unable to change the cache file on Spotify Ver1.0.77.338.g on Windows 10 Pro (64bit)ver.1709. All cache files goes to C:\Users\******\AppData\Local\Spotify\Data. Cache files tooks 10G of spaces on c...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Cache
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! "Your daily mix is not available offline message" appears while ONLINE

Hey guys, The subject is pretty self explanatory, I am not using any VPN, I am on my home network via wifi.I tried closing the client and relunching it.Tried logging out and back in.tried rebooting my router even.Nothing helped.Maybe you can.(Windows...

• Casual Listener
  • Hey guys,  The subject is pretty self explanatory, I am not using any VPN, I am on my home network via wifi. I tried closing the client and relunching it. Tried logging out and back in. trie...
  • daniami
  • 6 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 1 likes

Windows 10, sudden delay on play/pause/volume/song switch. High-End PC specs.

Hi,I have a problem with Spotify on a high-end desktop computer (i7 6700k, gtx1080, 16gb ram) hooked with a Fiio e07k USB DAC with Beyerdynamic DT770. Hardware acceleration enabled. After a while with application open and no playbacks (1 hrs or such)...

• Hi, I have a problem with Spotify on a high-end desktop computer (i7 6700k, gtx1080, 16gb ram) hooked with a Fiio e07k USB DAC with Beyerdynamic DT770. Hardware acceleration enabled.   A...
  • 0 replies
  • 5 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 5 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify Browser Player doesn't work

Recently, my Spotify browser stopped working. I only get the message: Ooops, something went wrong. As well, I can't get the Finnish version of the player, only the international English one (that's not as important, but still...). I have deleted all ...

• Music Fan
  • Recently, my Spotify browser stopped working. I only get the message: Ooops, something went wrong. As well, I can't get the Finnish version of the player, only the international English one (that's n...
  • Alfredo
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Can't Remove Spotify from Windows 7 64bit

Never faced such a resilient program. Trying to uninstall from control panel (as administrator) brings up a "This program is not responding" error dialog and doesn't continue. I've made sure no spotify processes are running (that I know of) and still...

• Never faced such a resilient program. Trying to uninstall from control panel (as administrator) brings up a "This program is not responding" error dialog and doesn't continue. I've made sure no spoti...
  • Alfredo
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

If I favorite a song in Daily Mix 1, is it favorited in Daily Mix 2 as well?

Are song settings for my daily mixes all linked? If I favorite a song in Daily Mix 1, is it favorited in Daily Mix 2 as well? Does the same thing happen when I say "Don't play this song/artist"? I my daily mixes all completely separate by genre in a ...

• Casual Listener
  • Are song settings for my daily mixes all linked? If I favorite a song in Daily Mix 1, is it favorited in Daily Mix 2 as well? Does the same thing happen when I say "Don't play this song/artist"?...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution I am unable to log into my account on my downloaded desk top version

I downloaded the spotify application to my desk top instead of running the website and when i type in my account information and click log in, it doesnt do anything except darken like it is trying to log in but never does.

• I downloaded the spotify application to my desk top instead of running the website and when i type in my account information and click log in, it doesnt do anything except darken like it is trying to...
  • Alfredo
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution New Songs Playlists Top

Hello,I got a problem with the sorting process of playlists.I put all my saved songs from "Songs" into a playlist and i really want to keep that sorting. Now, when i add a new song to that playlist, its not like under "Songs" where the newest songs a...

• Hello, I got a problem with the sorting process of playlists. I put all my saved songs from "Songs" into a playlist and i really want to keep that sorting. Now, when i add a new song to that playli...
  • Alfredo
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify Web Play não avança para reproduzir a música seguinte.

No Firefox quando estou ouvindo qualquer música de um álbum, o Spotify Web Player não avança para reproduzir a próxima faixa. Sempre que uma música termina, tenho que dar o play para continuar na música seguinte.

• Casual Listener
  • No Firefox quando estou ouvindo qualquer música de um álbum, o Spotify Web Player não avança para reproduzir a próxima faixa. Sempre que uma música termina, tenho que dar o play para continuar na mús...
  • Bittencourt
  • Spotify Star
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes

'Friend Activity' Bar only shows about 10% of my follows

As the title suggests, the Friend Activity Bar is only showing around 10% of the people I follow. If I go down to Find Friends and click on the 'Follow All' button (I already follow everyone on the list btw), it will show everyone that I am following...

• Composer
  • As the title suggests, the Friend Activity Bar is only showing around 10% of the people I follow. If I go down to Find Friends and click on the 'Follow All' button (I already follow everyone on the l...
  • neoprodigy
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes

Recommended Songs Reset

OK, so I have a 620+ song playlist ok? So, now it's not even recommending songs anymore. It keeps recommending the same songs, even when I press "Refresh". My playlist is so very diverse. Does this mean no songs are even close to be relevant with my ...

My Playlist.PNG
  • Gig Goer
  • OK, so I have a 620+ song playlist ok? So, now it's not even recommending songs anymore. It keeps recommending the same songs, even when I press "Refresh". My playlist is so very diverse. Does this m...
  • 0 replies
  • 5 likes
  • Desktop
    Help
    recommendation
    recommended
    Recommended Songs Reset
    songs
  • 0 replies
  • 5 likes

Problems with Playing Explizit Songs

Hello cant found soemthing about this im from Germany so i want to her this Song:Song i want to hear In webplayer i can see the E icon that tells mit its Explicit, in the desktop app i cant found the song but where can i Turn this of so i can found i...

• Hello cant found soemthing about this im from Germany so i want to her this Song: Song i want to hear   In webplayer i can see the E icon that tells mit its Explicit, in the desktop app i can...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Smartphoneapp not on desktop player

Hi everyone,i have the problem that my smartphone dont will bis display in the desktopplay and i cant download local files to the app I guess my fritzbox will be block the connection but i'm not sure. Knows someone the problem and can help me?Best re...

• Hi everyone, i have the problem that my smartphone dont will bis display in the desktopplay and i cant download local files to the app 😞 I guess my fritzbox will be block the connection but i'm no...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify failed to migrate some of your data

Hey all, I've been having issues with my Spotify for about a month now. Every time I start the computer a msg pops up saying "Spotify failed to migrate some of your data," I ignored it at first, now it's just getting annoying. I've already looked onl...

• Hey all,  I've been having issues with my Spotify for about a month now. Every time I start the computer a msg pops up saying "Spotify failed to migrate some of your data," I ignored it at firs...
  • Dregkonn
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Web Player Won't Open

Hey-- I'm having problems with the Spotify Web Player not working, and it seems to be different from some of the other threads on here. When I try to open the web player, the page goes black and nothing ever appears. Less than 12 hours ago it was wor...

• Casual Listener
  • Hey--   I'm having problems with the Spotify Web Player not working, and it seems to be different from some of the other threads on here. When I try to open the web player, the page goes black...
  • fatanduglyboy13
  • Casual Listener
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Hiccup/Stutter Fix for Windows 10?

My PC build and internet specs are far above whatever Spotify needs for a Premium user. My OS build is Windows 10 Pro Version 1607 Build 14393.969. Getting a stutter/interrupt on all songs during playback every 5 seconds or so. Downloaded or not. Con...

• Casual Listener
  • My PC build and internet specs are far above whatever Spotify needs for a Premium user.   My OS build is Windows 10 Pro Version 1607 Build 14393.969.   Getting a stutter/interrupt on al...
  • noalkeke
  • 1 replies
  • 4 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 4 likes