Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Desktop (Windows)

Discuss Spotify for Windows

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Desktop: Jam now available

Spotify is bringing Jam to the desktop app! 拾 ️ Now you can start or join a listening party with your friends, family, colleagues, and classmates, with the Spotify desktop app in addition to the mobile app. Although you can listen on your own, Jam in...

Start Jam Menu - Desktop App.png Queue Right Sidebar.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • SaylorDustin
  • Casual Listener
  • 75 replies
  • 26 likes
  • 75 replies
  • 26 likes

Desktop: New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. Together, the individually customizable design of these new views provides a richer experience, m...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • cour10e22
  • Regular
  • 265 replies
  • 21 likes
  • 265 replies
  • 21 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes

[Troubleshooting] Windows

Having trouble with the Spotify desktop app? Here’s a step-by-step guide to help get things working again. What to try first Perform a soft reset (generally rebooting the device will suffice). If that doesn’t help, try a clean reinstall. Be sure to l...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes

Song time disappears

Why does the song timing disappear after a few seconds and how can I get it to stay. I have reinstalled Spotify on my iPhone X and still it will not display the time elapsed of songs. It used to and now it doesn’t do it anymore. I need this feature f...

• Casual Listener
  • Why does the song timing disappear after a few seconds and how can I get it to stay. I have reinstalled Spotify on my iPhone X and still it will not display the time elapsed of songs. It used to and ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Why does song time disappear after a few seconds?

Why does the song timing disappear after a few seconds and how can I get it to stay. I have reinstalled Spotify on my iPhone X and still it will not display the time elapsed of songs. It used to and now it doesn’t do it anymore. I need this feature f...

• Casual Listener
  • Why does the song timing disappear after a few seconds and how can I get it to stay. I have reinstalled Spotify on my iPhone X and still it will not display the time elapsed of songs. It used to and ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify on my PC is supposedly offline even though I have working connection (Win 7)

When I try to look for my daily mix while on PC, it always tells me that I cannot use this function while offline - the thing is, my PC is connected to the same network as my phone when I'm at home, and on the phone everything is working fine, so thi...

• Casual Listener
  • When I try to look for my daily mix while on PC, it always tells me that I cannot use this function while offline - the thing is, my PC is connected to the same network as my phone when I'm at home, ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Artist is greyed out but actually available on Spotify

I added a song by "The Kinks" a while back and it was perfectly playable back then. But now I had to find out, that it is not anymore. But wait, actually it is. Searching for "The Kinks" brings me to their artist page and I can listen to their songs....

• I added a song by "The Kinks" a while back and it was perfectly playable back then. But now I had to find out, that it is not anymore. But wait, actually it is. Searching for "The Kinks" brings me to...
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes
  • bad by design
    bug
    greyed out
    terrible
    unuseable
    usability
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes

Spotify on Desktop not connecting to Internet, even though have full connection

Alright, so as the title suggests my Spotify has "offline" for the past few days, and it seems to be a more or less isolated incident on my machine. My OneNote is also having issues with synching, but that is for a different community. I uninstalled ...

• Regular
  • Alright, so as the title suggests my Spotify has "offline" for the past few days, and it seems to be a more or less isolated incident on my machine. My OneNote is also having issues with synching, bu...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Playlists no longer showing on Facebook

Playlists no longer show on Facebook. The number of playlists shows, but not the actual playlists. I tried what others have suggested (playing a song from a playlist, setting it to private and then back to public), but it has not helped. Does anyone ...

• ...nd then back to public), but it has not helped. Does anyone know how to fix this?
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Unable to play local file due to cover

Brief description of the issue: Spotify has issue with some covers, the song being unplayableSteps to reproduce the issue:Download & move a song with cover to Spotify local sourceTry to play that songWhat steps you’ve tried already: Remove the cover ...

•   Brief description of the issue: Spotify has issue with some covers, the song being unplayable Steps to reproduce the issue: Download & move a song with cover to Spotify local source ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Videos in playlists not playing

I'm using Spotify on Windows through Microsoft Store, and when I'm playing a playlist with music videos in them and it is about to play one of those videos, nothing will happen. The video won't start and unless I skip it, the playback will basically ...

• I'm using Spotify on Windows through Microsoft Store, and when I'm playing a playlist with music videos in them and it is about to play one of those videos, nothing will happen. The video won't start...
  • KeithW1
  • 1 replies
  • 11 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 11 likes

Can't play music from "Amidst the Withering". It just skips through the songs and doesn't play.

Hey, the whole album "The Dying of the Light" from "Amidst the Withering" won't play. I can see it skipping through all the songs but then does nothing. Is the problem on my end or yours? I can play every other song I've seen and tested. https://open...

• Hey, the whole album "The Dying of the Light" from "Amidst the Withering" won't play. I can see it skipping through all the songs but then does nothing. Is the problem on my end or yours? I can play ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

does it appear to anyone else that the number of streams hasn't updated in the last few days?

I've noticed that the number of streams/monthly listeners hasn't updated in the last few days. I've shut down the program and opened it up again, looked on 2 different computers, and it's still the same as it was three days ago.

• Casual Listener
  • I've noticed that the number of streams/monthly listeners hasn't updated in the last few days.  I've shut down the program and opened it up again, looked on 2 different computers, and it's still...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

How do I see artists I **bleep** about on browse?

I have a simple problem: I want to see the hundreds of artists I follow's releases, unfortunately I cannot find a place to browse them without wasting hours individually going through them to see if a new single or album has been released. Is it poss...

• Casual Listener
  • I have a simple problem: I want to see the hundreds of artists I follow's releases, unfortunately I cannot find a place to browse them without wasting hours individually going through them to see if ...
  • Sebasty
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

"This song is not available. If you have the file on your computer you can import it."

Every time i try to play a song i get this messsage saying "This song is not available. If you have the file on your computer you can import it." I have had this messaging coming up for months and have given up trying to listen to spotify on my lapto...

• Every time i try to play a song i get this messsage saying "This song is not available. If you have the file on your computer you can import it." I have had this messaging coming up for months and ha...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!! Scratching and popping noises during music

Hello, I have a serious issue with the Spotify app. I'm using it on a Windows 10 Hewlett Packard computer, which I bought a few days ago. I downloaded the Spotify app, expecting it to work. It doesn't. The music makes cracking and popping noises when...

• Roadie
  • Hello, I have a serious issue with the Spotify app. I'm using it on a Windows 10 Hewlett Packard computer, which I bought a few days ago. I downloaded the Spotify app, expecting it to work. It doesn'...
  • beepmoller
  • Roadie
  • 11 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 11 replies
  • 0 likes

Playlists

Hi, the main playlist I use on spotify, which is about 400 songs, got reduced 90 songs and when I go on spotify on my computer it shows as if the rest of the songs should be there but instead blank spaces are there. Since the playlist is not technica...

• Hi, the main playlist I use on spotify, which is about 400 songs, got reduced 90 songs and when I go on spotify on my computer it shows as if the rest of the songs should be there but instead blank s...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify app for Windows 10 - Windows phones, Tablets, PC and Xbox One

Hi I'm new to the Community so sorry if I have posted in the wrong place.Please helpI have 4 devices and Premium only allows me to download songs to 3 devices. I don't need to download to my Windows 10 PC as it is always connected to the Net. How do ...

• Hi   I'm new to the Community so sorry if I have posted in the wrong place. Please help I have 4 devices and Premium only allows me to download songs to 3 devices.  I don't need to...
  • IguanaSetup
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

PC app can't play songs after being connected to Bluetooth.

So if I play music in Spotify (downloaded from the homepage) in windows 10, switch to bluetooth speakers when I'm in the kitchen making food, then go back to PC speakers, Spotify stops the music and is "unable to play song" (any song) until I restart...

• So if I play music in Spotify (downloaded from the homepage) in windows 10, switch to bluetooth speakers when I'm in the kitchen making food, then go back to PC speakers, Spotify stops the music and ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

[All Platforms][Partnership] Payments with Verge (XVG) Cryptocurrency

HelloI joined the Spotify Community 3 months ago and I enjoyed the 3 month free offer very much.Recently I started making my monthly payments but since I need to take these payments to my bookkeeper, I'm looking for a way now to receive and print off...

• Hello I joined the Spotify Community 3 months ago and I enjoyed the 3 month free offer very much. Recently I started making my monthly payments but since I need to take these payments to my bookkee...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify won't recognize few local files

Spotify recognized all of my local files, but a few songs.Tried to convert them to MP3, didn't help.Any solutions?

• Visitor
  • Spotify recognized all of my local files, but a few songs. Tried to convert them to MP3, didn't help. Any solutions?
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Albums Disappearing

Lots of soundtracks from the Marvel Cinematic Universe (e.g. Iron Man) have disappeared. Does anyone know what to do or if/when they will return?

• Lots of soundtracks from the Marvel Cinematic Universe (e.g. Iron Man) have disappeared. Does anyone know what to do or if/when they will return?
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes