How to permanently uninstall Spotify on Windows 10

Solved!

How to permanently uninstall Spotify on Windows 10

Renelilje
Casual Listener

I want to uninstall Spotify once and for all. I already tried on the Control Panel > Programs and Features but it just won't work. I've searched for other solutions in forums but none would work. Can someone help me? I'm totally not satisfied with the app and would like to remove it.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution! 1 person liked this

Re: How to permanently uninstall Spotify on Windows 10

joakimjakobsson

I've had the same issue in Windows 7, but finally today managed to fix it. This is how I did:

- Started the computer without any network connection.

- Killed spotify.exe and spotify web connector

- Uninstall via control panel

Good luck!

39 Replies

iamandyhill
Community Legend

Hey @Renelilje

Sorry to hear you not liking the app, I couldn't get through a day without it myself!

Having just run uninstaller I can confirm it does indeed fully uninstall it. You need to make sure that there are no instances of spotify running, so close the app down and check the task manager to ensure there's nothing still running.

Once that's done you can run the uninstaller through the control panel as normal. There may still be shortcuts in place if you've made any so you'll have to delete them manually but the app will be gone.

If you think there are some things that would make it better why not put forward an idea to the developers here?

Hope this helps!

Andy

2nihon
Music Fan

Sorry to resurrect a two-month-old post, but I'm having the same issue--go to Programs and Features and try to uninstall and it doesn't work. Please give us the manual uninstall instructions.

iamandyhill
Community Legend

Hey @2nihon

No worries!

What happens when you try and go through the unitnstall in the control panel? Do you get any error codes?

Thanks,

Andy

2 people liked this

2nihon
Music Fan

No error codes, it just shows a busy icon for a moment and then nothing at all.

I'm all set now, though. I finally ended up killing the Spotify Web Connector and just removed the files from %appdata%\Spotify folder. (I'm installing an older version because the newer version lacks some important features.)

Thanks.

2 people liked this

Re: How to permanently uninstall Spotify

rosros
Casual Listener

Please, will you do something about this problem?  The blasted thing simply will not uninstall.  I have no problem at all uninstalling any other programmes, just this one, so it isn't me.   No error code - nothing happens at all.

davejstice

When you CTL-ALT-DEL, is there a Spotify option that is still there under the task manager. At one point when I had to uninstall the desktop app, I had to stop that process from running before Spotify would uninstall. Try looking under your startup programs in task manager. 

rosros
Casual Listener
No.

I've tried every fix, yet still it will not uninstall. And quite why I'm the one running around trying to sort this out when it's not a problem caused by me is a mystery.

iamandyhill
Community Legend

Hey @rosros

That's a bit of a strange one, have you tried any third party uninstallers? I use IOBit myself and seems to get rid of everything.

Hope this helps!

Andy

3 people liked this

jfpesant
Casual Listener

I have the same exact problem, and it's f...ing annoying. 

Just let me uninstall the app!

SUGGESTED POSTS