Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Desktop (Windows)

Discuss Spotify for Windows

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Desktop: Jam now available

Spotify is bringing Jam to the desktop app! 拾 ️ Now you can start or join a listening party with your friends, family, colleagues, and classmates, with the Spotify desktop app in addition to the mobile app. Although you can listen on your own, Jam in...

Start Jam Menu - Desktop App.png Queue Right Sidebar.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • pastasås
  • Casual Listener
  • 66 replies
  • 23 likes
  • 66 replies
  • 23 likes

Desktop: New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. Together, the individually customizable design of these new views provides a richer experience, m...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • Edwardont
  • Casual Listener
  • 251 replies
  • 21 likes
  • 251 replies
  • 21 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes

[Troubleshooting] Windows

Having trouble with the Spotify desktop app? Here’s a step-by-step guide to help get things working again. What to try first Perform a soft reset (generally rebooting the device will suffice). If that doesn’t help, try a clean reinstall. Be sure to l...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes

[BUG] Adding songs to the queue, after those songs play the queue starts from the beginning

Whenever I add songs to my queue and listen to them, instead of the queue continuing from the point before the songs were added, the queue starts all the way from the begining (like the first song I listened to that day).

• Regular
  • Whenever I add songs to my queue and listen to them, instead of the queue continuing from the point before the songs were added, the queue starts all the way from the begining (like the first song I ...
  • Soundofus
  • Spotify Star
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Music on desktop app runs music too fast

Hello everyone,So last monday I noticed that my music runs like half a second to second faster than it should. I compared it to my phone and on the phone it works fine.I do like a bit of nightcore music but I prefer originals. I use the 1.0.75.483.g7...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello everyone, So last monday I noticed that my music runs like half a second to second faster than it should. I compared it to my phone and on the phone it works fine. I do like a bit of nightcor...
  • Sebasty
  • Spotify Star
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • fast
    Help
    music
    runs
    too
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Se puede poner en Offline Spotify Para Pc?

Hola a todos, amantes de la buena musica y grandes plataformas, mi duda es una, se puede poner en offline Spotify Para Pc?Salgo a veces y pues, no sé si es posible descargarlas, al igual que con el movilBuenas a Todos

• Hola a todos, amantes de la buena musica y grandes plataformas, mi duda es una, se puede poner en offline Spotify Para Pc? Salgo a veces y pues, no sé si es posible descargarlas, al igual que con el...
  • ErickRGuetta
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify not resuming where I left it

Hello! Usually the next day when I boot up my PC spotify opens minimized and the last song that I played will still be on pause at the same time and volume. Got a new windows copy and reinstalled Spotify and now each time I restart the PC it opens in...

• Regular
  • Hello! Usually the next day when I boot up my PC spotify opens minimized and the last song that I played will still be on pause at the same time and volume.    Got a new windows copy and ...
  • felix123123
  • Regular
  • 1 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 4 likes

Spotify adverts not playing

Hello When I listen to music a Spotify advert "plays" but there is no advert actually playing. It's silent, no visual, it won't let me skip, won't let me choose a new playlist/song. I tried restarting my laptop, logging out/in, and uninstalling/reins...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello   When I listen to music a Spotify advert "plays" but there is no advert actually playing. It's silent, no visual, it won't let me skip, won't let me choose a new playlist/song.  &...
  • Sebasty
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Repeat function does not work for queue

Hello, i have a big issue, i have 3-4 songs that i want to replay for a few hours but when i press the button, it replays only the first one, even if it's on repeat all or repeat(1).And no i won't make a playlist for everytime i want to replay a few ...

• Regular
  • Hello, i have a big issue, i have 3-4 songs that i want to replay for a few hours but when i press the button, it replays only the first one, even if it's on repeat all or repeat(1). And no i won't ...
  • codyjayro
  • Regular
  • 2 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 4 likes

Solved!! playing all my music

Hi. I have saved a few artists and they are now in my library under "artists". However, I cannot find a way to play randomly songs from all of them together (I can only enter each one and hear randomly his songs).How do I do it? Thanks

• Regular
  • Hi. I have saved a few artists and they are now in my library under "artists". However, I cannot find a way to play randomly songs from all of them together (I can only enter each one and&n...
  • Soundofus
  • Spotify Star
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

My Discover weekly playlist won't update?

The last time it updated was in October help here is the playlist link if that is required:https://open.spotify.com/user/spotify/playlist/37i9dQZEVXcNYUXYcGJDxF?si=tH9NvT1vTQ28mFQd30Vy8w

• Casual Listener
  • The last time it updated was in October help   here is the playlist link if that is required: https://open.spotify.com/user/spotify/playlist/37i9dQZEVXcNYUXYcGJDxF?si=tH9NvT1vTQ28mFQd30Vy8w
  • Sebasty
  • Spotify Star
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Bad sound quality with premium

I have premium and some tracks are in offline. I discovered that sound quality at Spotify is low at the moment. I listened first a song (320kbps MP3) and after that same song in Spotify, high and mid range sounds are so low quality or allmost missing...

• Casual Listener
  • I have premium and some tracks are in offline. I discovered that sound quality at Spotify is low at the moment. I listened first a song (320kbps MP3) and after that same song in Spotify, high and mid...
  • eTaoss
  • 54 replies
  • 22 likes
  • 54 replies
  • 22 likes

Soundrop alternative?

Is there some kind of alternative to Soundrop somewhere, now that the API it relied on is gone? All I want is a way for people in different cities to listen to the same song at the same time. Details: I use this when running tabletop role playing gam...

• Casual Listener
  • Is there some kind of alternative to Soundrop somewhere, now that the API it relied on is gone?  All I want is a way for people in different cities to listen to the same song at the same time. ...
  • gucklar
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

Annoying advertising

Lately spotify app on windows has gotten me so **bleep**ing mad, I don't know if I'm the only one who has these problems:1. Excess of ads: When I first downloaded spotify it used to play an audio advertisement about every seven songs, but it was only...

• Lately spotify app on windows has gotten me so **bleep**ing mad, I don't know if I'm the only one who has these problems: 1.  Excess of ads: When I first downloaded spotify it used to play an a...
  • 0 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 3 likes

Audio playing through monitor not headset.

Hi, just built a new computer, and I wanted to listen to some music, so I downloaded spotify. The problem is, spotify is playing music through my monitor, and not my headset. I am sure that the headset works, I had just gotten off a skype call. Can a...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi, just built a new computer, and I wanted to listen to some music, so I downloaded spotify. The problem is, spotify is playing music through my monitor, and not my headset. I am sure that the heads...
  • dizzeespellz
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify won't download

I've had Spotify on my laptop for 6-7 months now, but in the last week Spotify wouldn't open. It would say something along the lines of " spotify can't run right now " (i kind of forgot exactly but kind of close i guess) or would just be a black scre...

• I've had Spotify on my laptop for 6-7 months now, but in the last week Spotify wouldn't open. It would say something along the lines of " spotify can't run right now " (i kind of forgot exactly but k...
  • UnitedCommonPub
  • Regular
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify app for PC won't open

Okay, I've been having this problem for a few weeks now and it's really getting strange. I've tried everything I could find online but the only thing that's worked is using an old direct download from 2015, but even then, upon restarting my PC Spotif...

• Casual Listener
  • Okay, I've been having this problem for a few weeks now and it's really getting strange. I've tried everything I could find online but the only thing that's worked is using an old direct downloa...
  • mallorypjn
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Windows 10 Desktop App Login Issues

I recently logged out of my Spotify account and when I went to log back in the login page does not allow me to select Login with Facebook. When I click on the link nothing happens. When I enter my correct username and email with the correct password,...

• I recently logged out of my Spotify account and when I went to log back in the login page does not allow me to select Login with Facebook.  When I click on the link nothing happens.  When I...
  • lil_deb
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Impossible To Play A Single Track

It is now completely impossible to play a single track. It used to be if you right-clicked a song and hit 'Play' it would only play that song (assuming you had an empty queue, a nearly impossible task in itself). Now that option is GONE, the only opt...

• Roadie
  • It is now completely impossible to play a single track. It used to be if you right-clicked a song and hit 'Play' it would only play that song (assuming you had an empty queue, a nearly impossible tas...
  • doubleem81
  • 35 replies
  • 15 likes
  • Windows
  • 35 replies
  • 15 likes

Keeps restarting tracks, skips tracks, playing random songs...

Sometimes it plays 1 second and restarts the song.Sometimes it skips to a random song (not even in the playlist). Sometimes it only plays the first song of the list.Sometimes it pauses. And starts at random.Sometimes a combination of ALL!!!!Right now...

• Casual Listener
  • Sometimes it plays 1 second and restarts the song. Sometimes it skips to a random song (not even in the playlist).   Sometimes it only plays the first song of the list. Sometimes it pauses. &...
  • Derekonomy
  • Casual Listener
  • 6 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Windows
  • 6 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!! 'Missing' Album.

I started using spotify a few days ago, I realised that there are some albums that don't appear when you search for them, so in order to find them you must search "*album's name* spotify". But this album https://open.spotify.com/album/4mfUBjbHpj6Z9lm...

• I started using spotify a few days ago, I realised that there are some albums that don't appear when you search for them, so in order to find them you must search "*album's name* spotify".   B...
  • ErickRGuetta
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Cant switch Volume with my keyboard

Hello, I have a Problem with switching my Volume over my Keyboard. I have a Keyboard that has buttons for the volume they also work. But my Spotify Volume goes in the little screen down/up but not in the Programm so i can only switch volume in the "a...

• Hello,   I have a Problem with switching my Volume over my Keyboard. I have a Keyboard that has buttons for the volume they also work. But my Spotify Volume goes in the little screen down/up b...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify failed to migrate some of your data.

Everytime I open Spotify on Windows 10, I get this message. Spotify failed to migrate some of your data. Any changes I've made in the last week were adding a new user on my computer.

• Casual Listener
  • Everytime I open Spotify on Windows 10, I get this message.   Spotify failed to migrate some of your data.   Any changes I've made in the last week were adding a new user on my computer.
  • Thomasilmagno
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes
  • mitgrate
    Of
    some
    Spotify
    to
    your
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes