Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Desktop (Windows)

Discuss Spotify for Windows

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Desktop: Jam now available

Spotify is bringing Jam to the desktop app! 拾 ️ Now you can start or join a listening party with your friends, family, colleagues, and classmates, with the Spotify desktop app in addition to the mobile app. Although you can listen on your own, Jam in...

Start Jam Menu - Desktop App.png Queue Right Sidebar.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • pastasås
  • Casual Listener
  • 66 replies
  • 23 likes
  • 66 replies
  • 23 likes

Desktop: New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. Together, the individually customizable design of these new views provides a richer experience, m...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • Edwardont
  • Casual Listener
  • 251 replies
  • 21 likes
  • 251 replies
  • 21 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes

[Troubleshooting] Windows

Having trouble with the Spotify desktop app? Here’s a step-by-step guide to help get things working again. What to try first Perform a soft reset (generally rebooting the device will suffice). If that doesn’t help, try a clean reinstall. Be sure to l...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes

Solved!! Screen not clearing on exit

Hi,I'm on Spotify Unlimited vn 1.0.9.133.gcedaee38 on a Windows 7 desktop PC. When I exit Spotify (either using file/exit or the X in the top right corner) it stops the process OK but fails to clear the screen.I've tried reinstalling but that hasn't ...

• Hi, I'm on Spotify Unlimited vn 1.0.9.133.gcedaee38 on a Windows 7 desktop PC. When I exit Spotify (either using file/exit or the X in the top right corner) it stops the process OK but fails to...
  • usertaken
  • Casual Listener
  • 27 replies
  • 3 likes
  • Windows
  • 27 replies
  • 3 likes

premium account

Hi the songs i downloaded can they be saved on my desktop so i can convert them to mp3 to play on disk in my car

• Hi the songs i downloaded can they be saved on my desktop so i can convert them to mp3 to play on disk in my car 
  • norzita
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Spotify window frame stays on desktop after closing program

When I close Spotify, a still image of the frame of the program stays on screen. It takes a right-click and Refresh to clear it up. It's the same whether I have Hardware Accelerated enabled or not. Any ideas? Sorry if this is a regular question; I di...

• Regular
  • When I close Spotify, a still image of the frame of the program stays on screen. It takes a right-click and Refresh to clear it up.   It's the same whether I have Hardware Accelerated ena...
  • usertaken
  • Casual Listener
  • 14 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Windows
  • 14 replies
  • 1 likes

Windows 7 Multi monitor Taskbar Icon is not showing up on correct monitor

Ever since the 2nd last version of the Windows desktop player my icon will not show up on the monitor I have the application open on. I am currently using Windows 7 with a mulitimonitor app called Dual Monitor. I tried installing an older version and...

• Ever since the 2nd last version of the Windows desktop player my icon will not show up on the monitor I have the application open on.  I am currently using Windows 7 with a mulitimonitor app cal...
  • 0 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 3 likes

Incorrect album artwork

On the Spotify page for Frightened Rabbit, under Merch, one of the vinyls has artwork for The Sickness by Disturbed. Pretty sure that's not supposed to be there.

• Casual Listener
  • On the Spotify page for Frightened Rabbit, under Merch, one of the vinyls has artwork for The Sickness by Disturbed. Pretty sure that's not supposed to be there.
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Sleeptimer

Hi I was wondering if I can use a sleeptimer for spotify on my computer? I like to listen to music before I go to sleep, but I don't want spotify playing all night. My phone is broken, so that is not an option.

• Casual Listener
  • Hi  I was wondering if I can use a sleeptimer for spotify on my computer?  I like to listen to music before I go to sleep, but I don't want spotify playing all night.    My ph...
  • dtadd
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 14 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 14 likes

Solved!! Spotify Skipping every song, not playing for more than a second

I just installed Spotify onto my brand new lenovo laptop and copied my backup from my old laptop over. These problems started immediately after I copied my backup over so I think it has to do with that as I previously had spotify installed on my old ...

• Casual Listener
  • I just installed Spotify onto my brand new lenovo laptop and copied my backup from my old laptop over. These problems started immediately after I copied my backup over so I think it has to do with th...
  • Typhoo
  • Casual Listener
  • 42 replies
  • 7 likes
  • Windows
  • 42 replies
  • 7 likes

Spotify desktop app has problems with playback

Hi! I am currently on Windows 10 and using the desktop version of Spotify. Just recently, I find myself having problems with playing any songs, the streaming doesn't seem to work. The progress bar doesn't move and nothing plays. Occasionally if I'm l...

• Hi!   I am currently on Windows 10 and using the desktop version of Spotify.   Just recently, I find myself having problems with playing any songs, the streaming doesn't seem to work. T...
  • aless1234567890
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Bluetooth headphones' remote controls

Spotify doesn't respond to me pressing the buttons on my bluetooth headphones.The model is Sony MDR-ZX770BN. I'm using Asus' bluetooth 4.0 USB doodle to connect to my computer.

• Spotify doesn't respond to me pressing the buttons on my bluetooth headphones. The model is Sony MDR-ZX770BN. I'm using Asus' bluetooth 4.0 USB doodle to connect to my computer.
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Wrong language in desktop

Hello! Everytime I open and update my spotify it changes it's language to finnish automatically. NOW the thing is I'm not finnish but I live in Finland for the mean time. It's very annoying to change the language every. single. time to english and I ...

• Hello!    Everytime I open and update my spotify it changes it's language to finnish automatically. NOW the thing is I'm not finnish but I live in Finland for the mean time. It's very ann...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Playlists aren't downloaded

Hey!First I want to say sorry for my bad english My problem:Spotify doesn't download my playlists. There is the following text at the "Download" button: "Waiting for connection...".I reinstalled Spotify and my computer has enough storage. Thanks, Tim...

• Casual Listener
  • Hey! First I want to say sorry for my bad english 😉  My problem: Spotify doesn't download my playlists. There is the following text at the "Download" button: "Waiting for connection...". I ...
  • Alfredo
  • Roadie
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Auto generate playlist

When I initially joined Spotify, it asked me to select my favorite artists from lists it provided. It then offered to create a playlist from those artists. I didn't take the offer at the time, but thought it was a good idea.Now I can't seem to locate...

• When I initially joined Spotify, it asked me to select my favorite artists from lists it provided.  It then offered to create a playlist from those artists.  I didn't take the offer at the ...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Downloads to Where

Apparently I have been able to download some tunes from my Playlists. But where are they downloaded? I would like to get them into my laptop C drive and then copy to a stick. (I do have Premium.)

• Apparently I have been able to download some tunes from my Playlists.  But where are they downloaded?  I would like to get them into my laptop C drive and then copy to a stick.  (I do ...
  • Hubo
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Spotify (pc windows) does not connect to Last.fm

To whom it may concern,I tried to sync my last. fm account to my spotify desktop version and I failed. I tried to follow some steps available on the community (offline mode... reenter the credentials) and nothing seens to work. If I access the link (...

• To whom it may concern, I tried to sync my last. fm account to my spotify desktop version and I failed.  I tried to follow some steps available on the community (offline mode... reenter the cr...
  • Sebasty
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Spotify won't open!

I've just recently started using Spotify in the past month and I love it! However, all of a sudden its not working anymore! I haven't done anything new or recent to my computer, everything is up to date. Basically what it does is... it acts like its ...

• Casual Listener
  • I've just recently started using Spotify in the past month and I love it! However, all of a sudden its not working anymore! I haven't done anything new or recent to my computer, everything is up to...
  • astrorocket1
  • 59 replies
  • 5 likes
  • 59 replies
  • 5 likes

Add to playlist from playlist radio

there was a post on the matter last june, and I wonder what happend to it..is there going to be such button or another solution was implempted? * another question: is there an easy way to see what in my list and what not?right now I'm adding and clic...

• there was a post on the matter last june, and I wonder what happend to it.. is there going to be such button or another solution was implempted?   * another question: is there an easy way to ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! How do I find out what playlist I am listening to?

So when I opened Spotify, I saw a recommended playlist for throwback thursday dance party at the very top of the "Overview" section (just below the "summer music guide" banner. I started listening to it, and latger decided I want to save this playlis...

• Regular
  • So when I opened Spotify, I saw a recommended playlist for throwback thursday dance party at the very top of the "Overview" section (just below the "summer music guide" banner. I started listening to...
  • comtedescierges
  • 35 replies
  • 15 likes
  • Windows
  • 35 replies
  • 15 likes

after PC restart spotify loads one specific song and doesnt remember last song

Not really sure how to explain it but, whenever my PC crashes, restarts etc It will auto start Spotify, but the issue is that It will say the last song I was listening to was a song called "Black and White" which has been removed from my playlist age...

• Casual Listener
  • Not really sure how to explain it but, whenever my PC crashes, restarts etc It will auto start Spotify, but the issue is that It will say the last song I was listening to was a song called "Black and...
  • LunaFr0st
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Why i cant this albun?

i was really excited by the idea of joanna newsom discography avaliable on spotify, but, i simply cant reproduce it.if i acces through web:https://open.spotify.com/album/4ZFCqS8Ye5qgp4w7Sq09T4but if i go to the artist on the app, that albun is not li...

• i was really excited by the idea of joanna newsom discography avaliable on spotify, but, i simply cant reproduce it. if i acces through web: https://open.spotify.com/album/4ZFCqS8Ye5qgp4w7Sq09T4 b...
  • phan_times
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes