Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Desktop (Windows)

Discuss Spotify for Windows

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Desktop: Jam now available

Spotify is bringing Jam to the desktop app! 拾 ️ Now you can start or join a listening party with your friends, family, colleagues, and classmates, with the Spotify desktop app in addition to the mobile app. Although you can listen on your own, Jam in...

Start Jam Menu - Desktop App.png Queue Right Sidebar.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • pastasås
  • Casual Listener
  • 66 replies
  • 23 likes
  • 66 replies
  • 23 likes

Desktop: New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. Together, the individually customizable design of these new views provides a richer experience, m...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • darkyoda1138
  • Regular
  • 247 replies
  • 21 likes
  • 247 replies
  • 21 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes

[Troubleshooting] Windows

Having trouble with the Spotify desktop app? Here’s a step-by-step guide to help get things working again. What to try first Perform a soft reset (generally rebooting the device will suffice). If that doesn’t help, try a clean reinstall. Be sure to l...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes

Solved!! How do I find out what playlist I am listening to?

So when I opened Spotify, I saw a recommended playlist for throwback thursday dance party at the very top of the "Overview" section (just below the "summer music guide" banner. I started listening to it, and latger decided I want to save this playlis...

• Regular
  • So when I opened Spotify, I saw a recommended playlist for throwback thursday dance party at the very top of the "Overview" section (just below the "summer music guide" banner. I started listening to...
  • comtedescierges
  • 35 replies
  • 15 likes
  • Windows
  • 35 replies
  • 15 likes

after PC restart spotify loads one specific song and doesnt remember last song

Not really sure how to explain it but, whenever my PC crashes, restarts etc It will auto start Spotify, but the issue is that It will say the last song I was listening to was a song called "Black and White" which has been removed from my playlist age...

• Casual Listener
  • Not really sure how to explain it but, whenever my PC crashes, restarts etc It will auto start Spotify, but the issue is that It will say the last song I was listening to was a song called "Black and...
  • LunaFr0st
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Why i cant this albun?

i was really excited by the idea of joanna newsom discography avaliable on spotify, but, i simply cant reproduce it.if i acces through web:https://open.spotify.com/album/4ZFCqS8Ye5qgp4w7Sq09T4but if i go to the artist on the app, that albun is not li...

• i was really excited by the idea of joanna newsom discography avaliable on spotify, but, i simply cant reproduce it. if i acces through web: https://open.spotify.com/album/4ZFCqS8Ye5qgp4w7Sq09T4 b...
  • phan_times
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Skipping issue (jumps/only a few seconds/scratched)

I've had this issue since a week. The same issue that many others have posted. After playing a few seconds every song skips like crazy.I tried all the solutions that have been posted here. Drivers, new install, audio settings, spotify settings, etc e...

• Casual Listener
  • I've had this issue since a week. The same issue that many others have posted. After playing a few seconds every song skips like crazy. I tried all the solutions that have been posted here. Drivers,...
  • Alfredo
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!! Song not available on spotify but I have the song downloaded on my computer

Hi, I have a song that I have downloaded from a CD onto my computer and would like to add it to a playlist and play it on Spotify, however, that same song is no longer available on Spotify for some reason. I know that Spotify tries to have you stream...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi,   I have a song that I have downloaded from a CD onto my computer and would like to add it to a playlist and play it on Spotify, however, that same song is no longer available on Spotify f...
  • cnd4747
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution How can I move my full Apple 'iTunes in the Cloud' library to Spotify?

Hi, after having Apple music/iTunes for many years, my iTunes library includes all music that I have ripped of my own music, digital downloads from many sources and music added to my library from Apple Music. All my library is only held in the Apple ...

• Hi, after having Apple music/iTunes for many years, my iTunes library includes all music that I have ripped of my own music, digital downloads from many sources and music added to my library from App...
  • Alfredo
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Unable to exit out of ads so i can brows

This is a problem that needs to be fixed by the programmers. When i get even a simple still image ad, I cant get to the x because the bar with the minimize, fullscreen and close program blockes you from clicking off of the ad

• This is a problem that needs to be fixed by the programmers. When i get even a simple still image ad, I cant get to the x because the bar with the minimize, fullscreen and close program blockes you f...
  • Alfredo
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Add complete local folder to playlist

Hello, is there an option to add local folders with mp3 files completely into a playlist.(Not one by one!) If not, could you implement this pls. thx

• Casual Listener
  • Hello,   is there an option to add local folders with mp3 files completely into a playlist. (Not one by one!)   If not, could you implement this pls.   thx
  • Elise93
  • Regular
  • 5 replies
  • 5 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 5 likes

Account Accessed by Unknown Device, In Need of Playlist Restoration

As I was getting ready for the day today, my Spotify started going in and out, as a device called "iPhone de Alberto" started accessing my music and playing from that device, playing music I had never heard of. I changed it back to play from my devic...

• Casual Listener
  • As I was getting ready for the day today, my Spotify started going in and out, as a device called "iPhone de Alberto" started accessing my music and playing from that device, playing music I had neve...
  • norecentemotion
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

No puedo descargar MIS canciones guardadas

Hola, la verdad no se si nunca se ha podido o es problema mio, pero no me aparece el boton "descargar" arriba en MIS canciones en la app de PC. Al parecer solo puedo guardarlas en playlist.

• Hola, la verdad no se si nunca se ha podido o es problema mio, pero no me aparece el boton "descargar" arriba en MIS canciones en la app de PC. Al parecer solo puedo guardarlas en playlist.
  • hachikomenera
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Bad shuffle

Hi, guys. Shuffle works terribly, I hear the same songs every day, I reinstalled Spotify, cleared the cache, but still I hear the same songs every day.Please change the algorithm, or do something about it. Thanks

• Music Fan
  • Hi, guys. Shuffle works terribly, I hear the same songs every day, I reinstalled Spotify, cleared the cache, but still I hear the same songs every day. Please change the algorithm, or do something a...
  • Koteyk0o
  • Music Fan
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • shuffle
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

I cant get on

When I go to spotify.com it says this site can't be reached www.spotify.com refused to connect

• When I go to spotify.com it says this site can't be reached   www.spotify.com refused to connect
  • Sebasty
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Repeat Function Not Working Properly

Hi All, This might sound like a weird issue, but it's been bugging me and I can't seem to fix it, so I figure I'll give this a shot. My previous laptop that I had ran Windows 7, and if I was listening to a single track on repeat and then decided to c...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi All,   This might sound like a weird issue, but it's been bugging me and I can't seem to fix it, so I figure I'll give this a shot.   My previous laptop that I had ran Windows 7, and...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

songs that are on Spotify but it says they aren’t

So I had two songs on my desktop I was listening to and I know they’re there but I click on them and it now says this song is not available. How do I fix this it’s happened two separate times. The songs we’re freight train and the older I get by Alan...

• So I had two songs on my desktop I was listening to and I know they’re there but I click on them and it now says this song is not available. How do I fix this it’s happened two separate times. The so...
  • 000000Jd
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Song is different on phone than pc?

Hello, I've been listening to XXXTentacion's new album on my phone but when I listen to it on my pc (windows) it sounds different? Let's take for example "NUMB" is speeded up on pc? and "The remedy for a broken heart" it's only a piano playing?! Some...

• Hello, I've been listening to XXXTentacion's new album on my phone but when I listen to it on my pc (windows) it sounds different? Let's take for example "NUMB" is speeded up on pc? and "The remedy f...
  • SergioDavid
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution [Desktop] Spotify doesn't show all the artist i follow

Hello folks!I noticed this problem yesterday.The app on desktop doesn't show all the artists i follow.When i search the artist , it says ''I'm following'' but when i go to my profile and click ''following'' , they just don't appear there but only som...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello folks! I noticed this problem yesterday.The app on desktop doesn't show all the artists i follow.When i search the artist , it says ''I'm following'' but when i go to my profile and click ''fo...
  • SergioDavid
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Windows Store Version

Hi, I'm having trouble installing the "non windows store" version of spotify. I use a plugin called Equalify Pro (which is very important to me) and it is not compatible with the windows store version of spotify. I've always had the desktop version i...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi,   I'm having trouble installing the "non windows store" version of spotify.   I use a plugin called Equalify Pro (which is very important to me) and it is not compatible with the wi...
  • ZoNoMo1
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Not playing certain artists in a playlist

For some stupid reason when i shuffle a playlist it misses out entire artists. Like i have a playlist of queens of the stone age, muse and arctic monkeys and when i shuffle on my laptop it wont play muse unless i actually pick the song myself hhhh. T...

• Casual Listener
  • For some stupid reason when i shuffle a playlist it misses out entire artists. Like i have a playlist of queens of the stone age, muse and arctic monkeys and when i shuffle on my laptop it wont play ...
  • michimiya
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

How to block a certain playlist to not appear on my browse menu Windows 10

Hello, I keep seeing playlist often times which I do not like, they keep appearing on my Browse menu in Windows 10, how to block a playlist from appearing? Such as "Transcend" playlist, why the **bleep** something like that exists in the first place ...

• Hello, I keep seeing playlist often times which I do not like, they keep appearing on my Browse menu in Windows 10, how to block a playlist from appearing? Such as "Transcend" playlist, why the **ble...
  • Sebasty
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Error 18 then unresponsive

So, i have a win 10 machine that i recentley uninstalled spotify from because of streaming issues(just bad internet). I tried to reinstall from the website with an error code 18. Going through and uninstalling on all devices i use spotify on, i retri...

• So, i have a win 10 machine that i recentley uninstalled spotify from because of streaming issues(just bad internet). I tried to reinstall from the website with an error code 18. Going through and un...
  • Sebasty
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes